PDA

View Full Version : Many electrics

celicaSThelpme
09-06-2008, 09:04 PM
So heres the thing, i got my car painted the other day and now im broke off my ass

so instead of going in debt to buy an engine, ill hold off for awhile.

meanwhile, i want to make my inside of the car look Amazing, but i got a few problems i need help with

well first my guages light at night only works if i hit this annoying little button...

how can i rewire that to work when i turn the lights on thanks

second, what are the 3 most important guages i shoudl use...........and where should i put them

third my headliner wont stay up..........it always falls down and look terrible
how can i get that to stay up

forth if i want my shifter to be much shorter can i just cut it and vioala so is there an easier solution

fifth.....

I want a in dash DVD player like the one david wanted in that last thread....are those hard to wire up

sixth......

i want to convert everything that is manual to automatic......not the transmission, just the locks, windows, and mirrors, and i need to install a back windshield wiper so i can see in the mornings

seventh......

i have an alarm but if im to get lots of stuff for the car, i want a badass alarm system

whats the best alarm system i can get that works and isnt like 500 bucks :)

and finally..........

what other things can i do to my car to make it badass and look really nice

thanks all :D

Blackcloud
09-06-2008, 11:23 PM
it would prob be cheaper to buy a new car then to fix all that dude..

celicaSThelpme
09-07-2008, 12:02 AM
haha that is gonna cost me like 1000 max to fix that all

a new car would cost way more then that

and this is a good way for me to learn about all the car stuff

i hate those buys that everything is already done for it.............

i like to work on that stuff myself

4thgenceli
09-07-2008, 12:30 AM
So heres the thing, i got my car painted the other day and now im broke off my ass

so instead of going in debt to buy an engine, ill hold off for awhile.

meanwhile, i want to make my inside of the car look Amazing, but i got a few problems i need help with

well first my guages light at night only works if i hit this annoying little button...how can i rewire that to work when i turn the lights on thanks

Messed up wiring or fubared fuses.

second, what are the 3 most important guages i shoudl use...........and where should i put them

Tach, Fuel, Temp

third my headliner wont stay up..........it always falls down and look terrible
how can i get that to stay up

Buy a new one, or fix it yourself. There's how to articles everywhere on how to fix headliners

forth if i want my shifter to be much shorter can i just cut it and vioala so is there an easier solution
No, search the forums for DIY short throw shifters, or buy one.

fifth.....

I want a in dash DVD player like the one david wanted in that last thread....are those hard to wire up

Is there anything you DON'T want? There's no difference in wiring up indash DVD player unless you're doing some Pimp my ride install with a gazillion monitors.

sixth......

i want to convert everything that is manual to automatic......not the transmission, just the locks, windows, and mirrors, and i need to install a back windshield wiper so i can see in the mornings

If you can't figure out how to fix your dash lights to come on with your headlights, erase this from your list. It involves tracking down all the electronics, installing them, removing interior panels, changing switches around, and knowing how to read a wiring diagram

seventh......

i have an alarm but if im to get lots of stuff for the car, i want a badass alarm system

whats the best alarm system i can get that works and isnt like 500 bucks :)

Define 'best alarm'. My best alarm is not flashing shit around, and when that fails a few 9mm in someones calf. If a thief wants it bad enough, an alarm won't stop them. It'll just piss off your neighbors, who in turn will fuck with your car.
and finally..........

what other things can i do to my car to make it badass and look really nice

Do any of these tickle your pickle? If you pick out one of the cars below, we can direct you from there.

http://www.paysonarizona.net/Rice/Glorified%20Econoboxes/Civic_OldCheapRicer_Rear.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/madness410/ricer.jpg

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/ricer-48377.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c351/Kicknasphalt/2008_0701Image0108.jpg

thanks all :D

See answers in red.

Blackcloud
09-07-2008, 01:15 AM
the exhaust on that 3rd car is sick!!

4thgenceli
09-07-2008, 01:47 AM
the exhaust on that 3rd car is sick!!
I thought that was the red button?

Ryan
09-07-2008, 01:50 AM
basically everything that they said....

i cut my shifter down and it works good and looks good....

as far as your hedliner you could glue it, replace it, or use staples and look super gangster

system 10 panels would look good... you could also paint all your interior shit and look damn ricey...thats a good idea...get a park bench and mount it to your hatch,,,,its your car so do what you want to it....lol

Shadowlife25
09-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Hey guys :)

Play nice. Everyone has to start somewhere right? ;)

METDeath
09-07-2008, 04:33 AM
He's got an ST, no hatch. If they made a hatch ST, I'd have picked one up for a daily already.

Colossus20v
09-07-2008, 05:06 AM
He's got an ST, no hatch. If they made a hatch ST, I'd have picked one up for a daily already.
hatch 6th gen. :) (I want one too!)

david in germany
09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
hatch are all they sold in Europe. My ST coupe is so out of place people have labeled it an exotic.

METDeath
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Every ST I've seen here stateside is a coupe. I just want a hatch D:

Murgatroy
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
hatch are all they sold in Europe. My ST coupe is so out of place people have labeled it an exotic.
Is your car a USDM car DiG? I have always wondered that.

david in germany
09-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Is your car a USDM car DiG? I have always wondered that.
Yes, it is. :)

Murgatroy
09-08-2008, 07:16 AM
How did you get your car over to Germany, did you take it with you, or did you buy it from someone on post who brought it over?

david in germany
09-08-2008, 07:45 AM
How did you get your car over to Germany, did you take it with you, or did you buy it from someone on post who brought it over?
I bought it new from the US military sales here in Germany.

Murgatroy
09-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Ah, I didn't realize they sold USDM cars over there, on post or not. Groovy.

VikingJZ
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
It would be cheaper to get a different car buddy. A 91 ST is barely worth a grand.

Find a 93 GT

david in germany
09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
It would be cheaper to get a different car buddy. A 91 ST is barely worth a grand.

Find a 93 GT
My 93 ST BBs at about $3000.

Murgatroy
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
ST is the superior platform.

Especially now with gas prices the way they are.

ciento44
09-08-2008, 08:26 PM
ST is the superior platform.

Oh snap!

VikingJZ
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
My 93 ST BBs at about $3000.

He has a 91. We don't know the condition. I rarely see ST's in mint condition.

The ST is the superior platform right now, if you are looking mainly for a nice looking car with suspension possibilities.

Shadowlife25
09-09-2008, 10:29 PM
The ST is the superior platform right now, if you are looking mainly for a nice looking car with suspension possibilities.

And the same comfort level as ALL the other trim packages, and much improved gas mileage, more wheel options, cheaper tires.....

Yeah I guess it sucks huh? :hehe:

Murgatroy
09-10-2008, 03:29 AM
The ST is the stiffest and lightest of all the 5th Gen Celicas.

You have many options of engines to swap into it (more if you consider the fact that no self respecting S series owner would 'downgrade' to an A series) thus making it faster than both an Alltrac or a swapped GT/GT-S.

I have stated this many times, yet it still seems that every couple of months someone posts up and states how the ST shouldn't even be considered a Celica.

The point is, once you break it down and look at it from the ideal of a purist, the ST is the best platform to start a build on.

The only advantage an Alltrac has over an ST is the AWD THis is a massive advantage, but when you figure in that an ST has a potential to weigh in at nearly one ton, driver included with the same HP figures and less drivetrain loss...

Plus there is that guilt free feeling of bastardizing an ST, I don't think I could bring myself to cut one of the remaining Alltracs to pieces to make it competitive.

T-spoon
09-10-2008, 04:48 AM
The ST is the stiffest and lightest of all the 5th Gen Celicas.

You have many options of engines to swap into it (more if you consider the fact that no self respecting S series owner would 'downgrade' to an A series) thus making it faster than both an Alltrac or a swapped GT/GT-S.

I have stated this many times, yet it still seems that every couple of months someone posts up and states how the ST shouldn't even be considered a Celica.

The point is, once you break it down and look at it from the ideal of a purist, the ST is the best platform to start a build on.

The only advantage an Alltrac has over an ST is the AWD THis is a massive advantage, but when you figure in that an ST has a potential to weigh in at nearly one ton, driver included with the same HP figures and less drivetrain loss...

Plus there is that guilt free feeling of bastardizing an ST, I don't think I could bring myself to cut one of the remaining Alltracs to pieces to make it competitive.

If only they weren't FWD. Ohhhhh Toyota... why oh why.... but oh well.

VikingJZ
09-10-2008, 10:40 PM
I would buy an AT and keep it bone stock except for an RC cover. Even then, the factory cover would be in my basement :)

burnyd
09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
mid engine rear wheel drive!!!! superior platform.

ok you fixed it

PhillyDRFT
09-10-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm Self respecting and I have thought about and come very close to putting a 4age into my GT hatch. Mainly because we never got the option of a 5th gen ST Hatch in the states. I obviously didn't do it so there were good reasons lol.

I said fukit and got an MR2 instead. Cheaper and a better choice IMHO.

lilsticcup
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
wow this thread went way off topic