PDA

View Full Version : I am SO rocking the...

MCcelica
09-04-2008, 04:11 AM
RAKE on my 94! LOLZ. It's funny as shit. Front is practically on the ground and the ass is all up in the air. :lolhittin Story and pictures of the retarded funniness friday.

Colossus20v
09-04-2008, 05:29 AM
this is almost as bad as Ciento's thread about his interior.

weaksauce. :(

Slider
09-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Pics first then thread http://smiliesftw.com/x/squint.gif

MCcelica
09-04-2008, 06:04 AM
weaksauce. :(

Au contraire my friend. It is actually quite outstanding! :zombie:

CriScO
09-04-2008, 06:12 AM
:hehe: Better get her fixed quick, or she's gonna be a snow plow!

celica91gts
09-04-2008, 09:13 AM
i hate these types of threads! anticipation drives me mad.

ciento44
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
oh damaged. I found the cable today, now i just have to remember to bring it to work. :zombie:

MCcelica
09-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Ok. First the back story. A little before I left for boot camp I put ground control coilovers, and koni yellow struts with the Eibach springs. Now. The stock spring isolators wouldn't work for this application. And I never saw any that came with the kit. SO. What we had was a lowered car that banged around a lot because the shock travel was further than the spring travel. It also creaked when the wheel was turned at a stop.

I didn't get to put any isolators in before I left for boot camp. And I left the car with my parents. Now. My parents had good intentions. They wanted the creaking and banging to stop. Both of them will admit to not knowing jack about cars. So they took it to a mechanic.

Now any GOOD mechanic would see "Hey. There's no rubber in here. Lets get some in there." Buuuttt no. This guy saw that the shock travel was longer than the spring travel. So what did he do? Well. He first extended the coilovers as high as they would go. But that didn't do the trick. So he gets inventive and installs some spacers. It was basic 1/8 inch thick tubing... aaannnd he made them about 3 inches tall and stuck 'em in between the upper spring perches and the "Top hat" perch that connects to the strut towers on all four wheels. And then he loosened up the koni's all the way.

It was sloppy and nasty. You could tap your foot on the brake pedal and you could feel the whole car shift it's weight around to all four wheels. So in the brief break I got between my training I dropped the coilovers back down and tightened the koni's a bit and put some isolators in.

Fast forward to yesterday. I had kind of a hectic schedule, hence the humor first, and the story now. I only had enough time to get the front two spacers out. I need an impact wrench to get the middle nut off the rear towers. So the front is back on the ground. The back is still waaayyy up there. A couple shots I took didn't do it justice, so I added a small can of WD40 for size reference into these two shots. With no further adieu, the pics ensue...

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/9/8/7/DSC00207.JPG

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/3/9/8/7/DSC00208.JPG

MCcelica
09-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Oh, and that's my roomie gawking at the outstandingness of my predicament. Lol

Ads28
09-05-2008, 02:05 AM
wow haha thats Horrible haha yet soo funny

Shadowlife25
09-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Fire the mechanic. His methods are made of pure FAIL. :hehe:

Now roost it around and tell us how easily the rear breaks free! (joking)

MCcelica
09-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Heh. Actually I already beat ya to that. It's actually not all that bad as far as it breaking free. Lol

Snow plow isn't a good description. Shovel is more like it. Hahaha.

Slider
09-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Lol nice drag setup.

Shadowlife25
09-05-2008, 06:05 AM
If it was RWD! :hehe:

MCcelica
09-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Here's the bad part. That's just with the spacers in there. The rear coilovers are still as low as they can go... I think before I take the last two spacers out I'm gonna jack 'em up as far as they go to see how hilarious it looks... and drives... Lol

Slider
09-05-2008, 06:44 AM
If it was RWD! :hehe:

A lot of the FWD guys put spacers in the rear shocks to stiffen up the rear to lessen the weight transfer to the rear. I forgot what they are called they're like hockey pucks and you stick them between the coils.

T-spoon
09-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Heh, looks like when I had MKIV supra wheels on the back of an MR2 with stock 91 wheels in the front. It was teh funny, the front lip of the bumper was about half an inch off the ground :hehe:

MCcelica
09-05-2008, 08:04 AM
^That woulda been awesome to see. Heh. I'm gonna post pics next week of the wicked rake I get when I boost those rear coilovers. Hahaha, it's gonna be ridiculous!

ciento44
09-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Jailstance FTW!!!!

That's SICK.

tuner4life
09-05-2008, 01:25 PM
^ lol

MCcelica
09-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Jailstance FTW!!!!

That's SICK.

That put funny pictures in my head, especially because of the whole can of WD40 thing. Lol

CriScO
09-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Jailstance FTW!!!!

That's SICK.
"Yo dawg, we heard you like to take it from other dudes, so we made your car bend over!"

"Yo dawg, we heard you dig holes for a living so we made your car a shovel!"