PDA

View Full Version : yet another story from the freeway

ST185
09-02-2008, 06:51 AM
Ok so same freeway as my other post aobut that honda civic except this time it was a hyundai and a chevy truck.

Alright this is how it all started

I was driving home like usual just minding my own business in the slow lane, then i see this hyundai blocking off this chevy truck with its high beams on in the lane next to me since it was just a two lane freeway. So the truck tries blow by the hyundai and ends up behind me and since i was going a little slow it decided to get on the shoulder to pass me up. So after that I pretty got all worked up and decided to blow by these two cars and all of the sudden the hyundai started tailgating me with its high beams on for like ten minutes for no reason. So basically I was thinking that I should give him a courtesy brake check but I decided not to make a scene over something dumb. As if it couldn't get any worse this guy even tried to line up next to me to get me to race him or something (no ricer flyby though). This went on for like another 20 minutes until I got off the freeway.

People could be some stupid ass drivers and get pissed over something so simple.

celica91gts
09-02-2008, 09:02 AM
exactly, be the bigger man and save your self from a ticket that was influenced by drivers with no courtesy.

91 Celica GT-S
09-03-2008, 11:29 AM
its night time so he probably cant see but i had a friend who kept a can of chili beans in his glove box and when ppl tail gated him he would pull it out and set it on the roof

PhillyDRFT
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM
its night time so he probably cant see but i had a friend who kept a can of chili beans in his glove box and when ppl tail gated him he would pull it out and set it on the roof

That is the worst idea I've ever heard. Definitely a one way road to getting your ass beat.

usp45
09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
That is the worst idea I've ever heard. Definitely a one way road to getting your ass beat.

It's a great idea in theory, but if you consider, that they sell handguns like freakin candy in usa... hmmm not so much

It's best to avoid pissing off assholes (as much as they deserve it, as much fun as it is, and it is) you just don't know who your gonna get. They might do nothing... They might bust out a sawed off 12 gauge...

One time I was getting on an Interstate on ramp. Accelerating to merge with traffic (like normal people do). When I came up on some ass going like 20mph
So I got right on his ass, not intentionaly, I'm mean the guy was going 20 on a interstate. Before I had time to back off, the douche slams on his brakes coming to a stop. I stopped in time, but two giant biker looking guys busted out of the car and rushed me, my window was rolled down and a car blocked me in from behind. I had my girfriend and her in sister in the the car which probaly helped, I doubt they wanted to kill some kid with two teenage girls watching. (I'm a scrappy 6'4" redhead, but I can't take 600 lbs of bikers that got the drop on me). I was just like "I'm sorry it was an accident." I probably looked pretty scared too. Then they just left. It worked out, sorta, but it could have gotten ugly. I think the witness factor saved my ass.

I wasn't even trying to tail gate :shrug:

ST185
09-03-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah exactly you never know what is going to happen. I'm not going to lie I've had my fair share of road rage but only done when its really necessary. Now that i think about it I should of let that guy who was tailgating me just hit me so could of just kicked his ass

Ghosty
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
That reminds me of something freaky that happened to me not too long ago.

I, too, was driving on a two-lane interstate one Sunday night. I was clipping along between 75 and 80, but I'm not the kind of driver to tailgate unless someone is doing something completely absurd (like blocking the passing lane when there is nobody in the cruising lane... I'm not about to break the law by passing you on the right side). So, in general, at the time I drove relatively quick but I wasn't an ass about it.

A maroon-colored Cadillac passes me, probably going 85, gets in the cruise lane in front of me, and proceeds to sloooowwww.... down to about 60.

No big deal, I thought, so I just pass him.

A few miles down the road, I see him do this again. Passes me at 85, changes lanes, down to 60. I think it's getting absurd, and I'm loosing patience. I get in the passing lane and start to gun it.

Going 75... 80... 85... pushing 90 now in a 65...

I see the guy in the rearview. He's trying to catch me. By now I get the impression that this is a disturbed individual with some kind of vendetta against college students who drive loud imports. But I don't know. What I do know is, it doesn't take long for a Northstar V8 luxury sedan to catch up to an economy 1.6L Celica flat out on the interstate.

I don't even remember passing this guy before. I don't remember blowing his doors off. I was damn close to start to ramming this asshole in his left-rear quarter and having him fishtail into oncoming traffic, not out of spite but out of self-defense. But as luck would have it, my exit came up before I did anything drastic.

.... The more you know!

PhillyDRFT
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
.... The more you know!

That was me dood! I was just messing with you but you took off before I could wave! :lolhittin :lolhittin :sneak:

burnyd
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Kool aid ftw!!

Ghosty
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
That was me dood! I was just messing with you but you took off before I could wave! :lolhittin :lolhittin :sneak:

OMG jooo bastage!

Dood, for a second there I thought it was some perverted old fart in a Cadillac wanting to sodomize my anus.

Slider
09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
...So basically I was thinking that I should give him a courtesy brake check...

Last time I had that bright idea my car ended up like this
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/205/prearbk2.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9767/5rr6.jpg

I had to hammer the rear door closed

Ghosty
09-04-2008, 04:29 AM
Last time I had that bright idea my car ended up like this ...

But did you get a new car out of it?

ST185
09-04-2008, 05:30 AM
But did you get a new car out of it?

would you even be able to get a new car out of something like that?

Slider
09-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Well not "new" but I got the Celica later that year.

ST185
09-04-2008, 06:03 AM
what do you mean like the money you got from your insurance company?