PDA

View Full Version : Vent blowing hot air

ccsouls
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Ever since doing my 3SGTE swap into my 1993 GT Coupe, my vent blows hot air, as if it is coming from under the hood.

Anyone have any idea what air line or hose I did not re-connect correctly?

What do I need to fix to get fresh air coming back in the car?

Where does it draw it's outside air from?

Thank you.

T-spoon
08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Does it blow the hot air when on the vent/outside air setting or does it do it with AC setting also? I think there's a flapper door that controls whether the blower picks up air from inside the cabin or through the firewall but honestly can't picture the vent system ATM. Pretty sure though that there's a central unit with actuator controlled doors and then the ventwork all connects to that.

ccsouls
08-29-2008, 04:29 PM
It only does it when on the vent/outside air setting in on. Not while A/C, although the A/C is slightly warmer when on outside mode as compared to recycle.

When you say "the ventwork all connects to that", are you referring to ventwork inside the cabin or outside the firewall?

There is a "flapper door" that does what you reference because I can hear it accuate when the button is pushed for outside vs. recycled air. I think what I need to know is where that "flapper door" duct work is on the other side of the firewall. Is it in the engine bay or that suction space under the wipers? If the suction space, then how is that getting hot air from the engine bay when it should not be open to it.

Thoughts?

Thank you for the help.

T-spoon
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Pretty sure everything is behind the dash on the cabin side of the firewall except for... and I could be wrong, I haven't been behind a dash in a long while.. but I believe a duct comes through the firewall for the outside air. If that duct isn't sealed it could be drawing in air from the engine bay.

ccsouls
08-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Great. Thank you.

I will check it this weekend to assure a good seal and post my findings.

I appreciate the input.