PDA

View Full Version : I really do like this but whats wrong

celicaSThelpme
08-25-2008, 08:52 AM
http://us.four.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?auction=1206777973-15978-181&mo=auction&from=froogle

i want to buy that

Ok EDIT: iv read the guide about this

why is it so cheap??

Is there a catch to it

haha

im obsessed with power

celicatrd93
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
lınk no good....says forbıdden at least for me.

ciento44
08-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I can't see it. But if it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

PhillyDRFT
08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
The catch is that everything you need to swap isn't there.

The 3sgte is an S series motor , your ST is an A series. you will need to weld in new motor mounts to the fender aprons. OR figure out mounting adapters.

Ads28
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
From the looks of it its only the motor, no trans althou its usless for ya, no ECU or anything else

90CelicaST
08-25-2008, 06:58 PM
From the looks of it its only the motor, no trans althou its usless for ya, no ECU or anything else
Is that not the ECU laying on top next to the intercooler?

T-spoon
08-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Is that not the ECU laying on top next to the intercooler?

Yes it is, but there are other issues. No AFM and probably no igniter etc. I wouldn't use that motor for a swap into an ST unless you want to be chasing parts down for months.

celicaSThelpme
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Alright thanks

i read that the only mounting problem is on the passenger side but i dont remember where i read that

yea im going agze all the way, much easier for my first swap

but before i swap it im gonna slowly build up the engine then im gonna swap

does that sound like a good idea

Kastigir
08-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Why waste money building this engine, when you're going to swap it anyway?

90CelicaST
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
I think he means the gze. You can build motors on an engine stand :P

PhillyDRFT
08-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I think you're in too much of a hurry. just my 2 cents.

Do you even know why you want a 4agze? Have you driven one? It's not going to blow any doors off out of the box.

Keep driving your car as is and saving.. once the problems with the car become blatantly obvious. You know what to change.

celicaSThelpme
08-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Nope never drove one, and i know its not going to be that fast right off the bat, thats why i am gonna build it up on an engine stand while i continue to drive my car as an everyday driver and as soon as i am done building it up then i will swap it into my car

so i wont do anything stupid right off the bat

is 1100 dollars good for a clip with a 4agze engine

thanks

Kastigir
08-26-2008, 03:14 AM
I'll say the same thing Philly does. You're in too much of a hurry. But I'll go one step further, and say you'll never do anything to this car. Anybody that talks about it this much, won't do anything. Also, you can't even make up your mind with what you want to do.

celicaSThelpme
08-26-2008, 04:32 AM
I'll say the same thing Philly does. You're in too much of a hurry. But I'll go one step further, and say you'll never do anything to this car. Anybody that talks about it this much, won't do anything. Also, you can't even make up your mind with what you want to do.

I dont like you!!!

Im asking for help and all i get is flamed

i am slowly going to build up this engine, learn, then make my move

WOW

90CelicaST
08-26-2008, 04:38 AM
I concur. Next week he'll be asking about putting in some other engine(v6 perhaps? 2jz? LSx?).

Cavanagh
08-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Celicahelpme, everyone is willing to help you and give advice, but we cannot spoon feed you information about what every part on a car does, go around, do some searching. (whether it's here, other forums, google, etc.) find out what everything does first.

Good luck.

celicaSThelpme
08-26-2008, 05:57 AM
Iv made up my mind

Im going for a 4A-GZE engine

im gonna get a clip

Im gonna slowly build up the engine while i enjoy my gas milage from my car

Then im going to swap when i am ready

Easy right LMFAO

Cavanagh
08-26-2008, 06:35 AM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3431&highlight=4AGZE

Read every single WORD and post on that thread.
It's not just a plug-and-play-BAM! your done.

celicaSThelpme
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
yea i know

im gonna take it one step at a time tho :D

ciento44
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I dont like you!!!

WOW

It's what everyone is thinking buddy. Slow the F down.

Kastigir
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I dont like you!!!

WOW
Wow, I don't like you either, what a coincidence. I'll be amazed if you actually do anything with this car before you wreck it/blow it up. Prove me wrong son.

dups90gt
08-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Dude I was like you too when I got my first Celica, it was a 90gt with a 5sfe. It was fun to drive but lacked the pick up I was looking for. I ran around the boards buying all kinds of stuff like headers, rear disc brake kit, system 10 door panels, system 10 tweeter holders, a super coil, wires, a short ram intake, there were nights where I could sleep coz i just read an article about a turbo 5Sfe and wanted to get a 3sgte exhaust manifold and a ct26 turbo and try it, i bought gauges for oil pressure, battery meter etc.. high end stereo 5 amps made my own sub box, new paint on the car, rims etc... i wasted a SHIT LOAD of money! coz I was so excited, the difference between you and me is im 37 and I make a shit load of money so its ok. I almost bought an engine to do the swap last week coz I got owned by a Grand Prix.. Now look at me, I ended up buying an AllTrac and now im trying to sell of my stuff which I never got to install. Read Disc Brake is in my garage, headers are on a shelf collecting dust. and now i have to remova all my stuff from the gt and move it to the alltrac. I actually finished the sub box months ago but only got to hook it up last week and now I have to remove it. I only hooked up 2 of the 5 amps, I have mb quart speakers collecting dust in my garage for the doors and 4" cliffs in a box somewhere.. Im not trying to tell you to not chase your dream or to not learn, just slow down, think of what you actually want save for that and make it happen don't do a swap of an engine you want to swap later anyway, you may even end up getting a newer celica or in my case a totally different celica. If you ask every guy here to write down all the stupid shit they bought in the first year they got their car the list would be extensive and prob expensive. and if you ask every member if they could go back and do it again and not do some things that wasted their time and money on im sure we all would have the cars of our dreams. I like your drive but make smart choices coz im assuming you dont have a financial backer to help you acquire your parts and you prob. know how hard it is to make money.
my 2 cents, take it with a grain of salt.

Galcobar
08-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Wait, you found MB Quarts for the doors? As in 8", or 6.5" with a plate?

dups90gt
08-27-2008, 11:51 PM
6.5 made a plate.. can't tell you how they sound coz .... I haven't wired em up.. (lazy bastard) cool thing was I chopped off the guard portion of the black door mounts, then I had to mount the speakers off center coz the magnet was too big and was hitting something and I couldn't get the mounting bracket on. If your gonna put a plate cut it a little bigger and then shave off as you need then screw it on from the back into the plate then screw on your speaker front to back onto the plate. (i used wood about 1/2 inch then added shims like a door so it sat flush, you have to paint them black or they will stand out and almost glow if you dont.. sucked, I learned the hard way and had to take the doors off again to paint it..

lilsticcup
08-30-2008, 12:25 AM
can someone help me on this 1... it says its the full engine but look at this price
http://www.tigerautoparts.com/jdm-engine-transmission/toyota-lexus/2jz-gte-dohc-engine-5-speed-transmission-twin-turbo-toyota-supra-107.html

the whole site has unbelievably cheap engines, its scary it doesnt seem real but i kind of trust it