PDA

View Full Version : GT-s to ST parts question.

zmile06
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm curious if a 5th generation celica gt-s rear reinforcement and bumper will fit a 5th gen ST, i'm also wondering if the front bumper will fit also. I'm pretty sure it will, just wanting to confirm:)

Fuelish
08-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm curious if a 5th generation celica gt-s rear reinforcement and bumper will fit a 5th gen ST, i'm also wondering if the front bumper will fit also. I'm pretty sure it will, just wanting to confirm:) I dunno .... the GT-S is the widebody, no ?? ST is narrowbody... I dunno if that applies to bumpers as well ??? Don't worry, someone far more knowledgeable than I shall come chime in shortly, I'm sure...

METDeath
08-24-2008, 06:20 PM
The rear bumper wouldn't fit, as the GTS/Alltrac trims are widebody, but the front bumpers are universal. I have a GT with the Alltrac bumper and fogs up front.

zmile06
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Crappy, now i have to go to a junkyard for a rear bumper and reinforcement, not gona be good.

METDeath
08-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Well, check to see if you have a self pull junk yard in your area, like Pull-A-Part or Pick-N-Pull. those tend to be a good deal cheaper than normal junkyards. And honestly, you could probably fit the GTS rear bumper support/bumper on your car, it just wouldn't line up, it would stick out a bit on each side. Hell, the support is probably identical.

zmile06
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know for sure if the support is identical? It would save trent 40 bucks :-D

The pick n pull here is just as expensive as the ones that go get it.

METDeath
08-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Well, could take off your current bumper and match the support up to the old one.

Edit: Checked on 1sttoyotaparts.com and they only list one bumper support for the coupe and one for the lift back and one for the Alltrac, since you're a coupe, you may need a different support.