PDA

View Full Version : My 3SGTE.. hoses wrong? Need information.

nacitar
08-22-2008, 05:57 AM
I was looking at some stickies in the forced induction forum and I found this picture, which looks quite different than my hose setup. (This is suggesting a location to tap into for a boost gauge.)
http://www.ubercpp.com/auto/ctech/boostguagetappinginpoint.jpg

Here's a pic of my JDM Gen 3 3SGTE that's in my FWD celica. I didn't perform the swap, I've just been "finishing" it after buying it already swapped. Anyhow, take note of mine now..
http://www.ubercpp.com/auto/ctech/engine_intake.jpg

I labeled the hose that's running to my blowoff valve, and above that there's a hose that's just "capped off". I'm almost certain that is not what it's supposed to do! (duh). And, right near my intake (bare in mind, I'm not so proficient with automotive things yet, I'm a programmer.), there's two outputs that are looped onto each other. After comparing the two pictures, that can't be right, can it? What are those three connections for?

Sang
08-22-2008, 06:48 AM
Looks fine to me. As you start adding/removing things from your engine, you'll find that you wont need certain things anymore. The P-port and D-ports on the throttle body goes to the evap canister (emissions part). If it's removed, what you did is completely fine. Doesn't look pretty, but it works. You can also cap those off or drill and tap for set screws.

Same thing with unused barb on the manifold. You can leave it be or put a vacuum cap on it.

burnyd
08-22-2008, 06:51 AM
those just go to the charcole canister... just find any vac line and t it off those will work.

nacitar
08-22-2008, 07:12 AM
So... if I was to put a boost gauge on the car, with it looped around like it is, would I still put the boost gauge there?

Sang
08-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Hook up the boost gauge to the barb on the intake manifold with the screw in it as a plug.

alltracman78
08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
^
Exactly, you don't want to use the ones off the TB, the vacuum changes in those depending on conditions. [not in the same way it does in the manifold itself].