PDA

View Full Version : AW11... Do want!

PhillyDRFT
08-22-2008, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuAWsOytbM

I've never seen anything that's not a go-cart that nimble.

cms-gt4
08-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Thats pretty sweet.

This is also a Mk1 WANT.
v8 widebody.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/aek74/Bilde051.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h71/aek74/Bilde059.jpg

burnyd
08-22-2008, 12:27 AM
yah I seen that video a while ago thats really impressive

Murgatroy
08-22-2008, 12:50 AM
You could probably grab it pretty cheap, I thought you said you wanted to avoid something that needs a lot of bodywork though?

PhillyDRFT
08-22-2008, 12:57 AM
You could probably grab it pretty cheap, I thought you said you wanted to avoid something that needs a lot of bodywork though?

Depending completely. AW11's are mostly straight lines. a LOT easier to fix than curves. They do get a good bit of wheel well rust. I know I'm not going to find one perfect but I'm fine with dings and faded paint, Small rust spots. After the Del Sol, I never want to re-skin a door, or rebuild a front clip ever again.

I'm on the fence of what I want. It has to be daily drivable. but I haven't found a decently priced AW11 up here in a wile, everyone wants close to 3k for them. I pretty much want something solid, I can drive year round and have fun on Sunday track days.

I'm just so sick of sanding and hoping for paint. If I find a reasonable 5th/6th gen in my range of liking I'll jump on it. I don't mind paying a little extra for nice paint and no cosmetic damage. I have my hands full with the S13 so it's worth the money to me you know? Haha I was ready to go buy Cento's car until we figured out that wouldn't benefit either of us.

Murgatroy
08-22-2008, 01:01 AM
I know of a rather solid silver 4th Gen...

However I think I have talked the wife into letting me keep it AND get a bike.

That makes Mudhoney happy.

Chaos not so much...

PhillyDRFT
08-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I know of a rather solid silver 4th Gen...

However I think I have talked the wife into letting me keep it AND get a bike.

That makes Mudhoney happy.

Chaos not so much...

Haha well I hope you end up happy no matter how that situation ends up.

After the conversations I've been having with everyone the past few days I'm not completely sure I would feel right in one of your cars. I think I would always be driving thinking "This is Murgs car" Something about it wouldn't feel right. Maybe i'm being gay with the whole spirituality of the car thing.

Keep in mind I still have a very solid 5th gen rolling chassis in my driveway. ^.^ If push comes to shove that is!

andy
08-22-2008, 07:37 PM
my room mate has both mr2s a turbo and a mk1. tonight i have to wire up his 20v for him. should make good comp with my ae86 20v, only the autox will tell. that car is actually very easy to work on compared to a mk2 those suck ass. we got the engine bolted in in like 45 min. slid it under the bottem and lowered the car onto it then lifted it up. bolted it in!

ciento44
08-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Loli haet space wedge.

Ghosty
08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Does anyone else in the video think the car is powered by a turbocharged or twincharged 4AGZE?

For some reason it just doesn't sound like a 3SGTE to me... not as throaty... and a well-tuned 4AGZE seems a more likely choice for an MK1 MR2. But those crazy Japanese. You never know.

PhillyDRFT
08-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Loli haet space wedge.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: thats funny on so many levels

PhillyDRFT
08-23-2008, 02:03 AM
http://www.vegasmr2.com/mr2ocotm/Winners/Feb2007/aw11/aw1101.jpg

Putting this out there..... Yeah.. I think I want one bad. I may hold off on some of the 240 plans.

PhillyDRFT
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Potential thread has potential!

I'll be bumping this thread again in a week ;) Hopefully!

vip09
08-24-2008, 11:55 PM
I drove one.. wasn't too thrilled about it. My 7th gen was more fun. The mk3 MR2 was way more fun.

I'm going to do a 2zz-ge mk3 MR2 in the near future.

PhillyDRFT
08-25-2008, 02:02 AM
I drove one.. wasn't too thrilled about it. My 7th gen was more fun. The mk3 MR2 was way more fun.

I'm going to do a 2zz-ge mk3 MR2 in the near future.

MK3 is the spider correct?

I had the opposite effect lol It did nothing for me compared to the AW11. It wasn't too bad but not something I would buy.

Good luck with it though! Keeping yourself busy again since the AT is "done"?

burnyd
08-25-2008, 02:47 AM
MKI's are fun to beat the hell out of.

vip09
08-25-2008, 03:03 AM
MK3 is the spider correct?

I had the opposite effect lol It did nothing for me compared to the AW11. It wasn't too bad but not something I would buy.

Good luck with it though! Keeping yourself busy again since the AT is "done"?

Well, the AW11 that I drove was just way too slow to be any fun. Andy's 20v was a little faster, but it was still pretty slow to me. The only thing I liked about the 20v was the throttle response. I just haven't been impressed at all by the 4A-GE cars that I've driven. My 7th gen always beats them at autox anyway... :laugh:

My Alltrac is a long way from finished! I've had to pay tuition from my own pocket the last two semesters.. so Alltrac progress has been halted.

PhillyDRFT
08-25-2008, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=vip09]
My Alltrac is a long way from finished! I've had to pay tuition from my own pocket the last two semesters.. so Alltrac progress has been halted.[/QUOTE

Ahh your sig is deceiving, I figured it was running and being the monster that it is by now.

ciento44
08-25-2008, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=vip09]
My Alltrac is a long way from finished! I've had to pay tuition from my own pocket the last two semesters.. so Alltrac progress has been halted.[/QUOTE

Ahh your sig is deceiving, I figured it was running and being the monster that it is by now.

I think that's last years numbers...

It's running now, and it sounds like it's not too slow, but i don't think he's done. :)

vip09
08-25-2008, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=PhillyDRFT]

I think that's last years numbers...

It's running now, and it sounds like it's not too slow, but i don't think he's done. :)

It IS running right now. I ran a 7.8 @ 84mph at the local 1/8th mile a few weeks ago. I drive it to work sometimes when my 7th gen is out of gas. I need a stronger wastegate spring so I can run more than 17psi. I also have a leak in my exhaust manifold that I need to get welded. I'm also going with a larger turbo after the 7th gen is paid off.

PhillyDRFT
08-26-2008, 12:46 AM
[QUOTE=ciento44]

It IS running right now. I ran a 7.8 @ 84mph at the local 1/8th mile a few weeks ago. I drive it to work sometimes when my 7th gen is out of gas. I need a stronger wastegate spring so I can run more than 17psi. I also have a leak in my exhaust manifold that I need to get welded. I'm also going with a larger turbo after the 7th gen is paid off.

:lolhittin :lolhittin :lolhittin I pissed myself when I read 7.8 then I saw the mph and 1/8th.

Are a lot of tracks 1/8th down south? I tend to see it more often.

Murgatroy
08-26-2008, 01:00 AM
Yeah, most of the tracks down here are Eighth Mile.

I think there are only like two Quarters in Tennessee, one of which being Bristol and the other being Memphis.

However, I can think of like 4 Eighth Mile tracks within driving distance to me.

vip09
08-26-2008, 01:13 AM
I have three 1/8th mile tracks within an hour from me. The closest 1/4 mile tracks are 2-3+ hours away.

90CelicaST
08-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Steele? They need to learn how to prep, no one can get traction there, even on Pinks :D