PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new Rack

Ads28
08-21-2008, 05:01 AM
Ok soo ive had a PS leak for a while now , it leaks from the rack on the pass side and collects in the boot and every once n a while a nice puddle will form..but the other day it got pree bad and leaked out all the fluid in the res in half a day of driving..soo its time for a new rack :thumbsdow

1st Toyota wants
240$ for a new rack + 150$ core
114$ for new HP line
add about another 100$ for shipping and Duty when i pick it up from the border soo thats about 600$ out of pocket but i get 150 once i get it done n ship the old rack back soo really
450$ :cool:

Or called local parts store intown Partsource they want
360$ for a rack w/ exchange or 390$ for a better quailty one w/ exchange
and
70$ for HP line from Res to Pump? and
80$ for another HP line Pump to gear ? i think he said ( stupid work phone so quite)
sooo that one works out to about
550$ and pre sure comes with some sort of warrenty a year or somethin ill ask tomoro :)

Sooo question is would you go local for a lil more money but its some random noname company built one but with a warrenty orr...go cheaper but more hassel (shipping,travel to pick up) and get a genuine Toyota one from 1sttoyota with as far as i know no warrenty? never asked that yet mabye someone can fill me in ?

Ill most likly go 1sttoyota i just like to share first b4 i go out and do things haha :bigthumbu

Oh yea and the Stealership intown told me 1000$ for just a rack :duh: :ugh:

Carolina91GT-S
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
I just got one from this place, shipping was cheap, i haven't put it in yet though so I cannot attest to it's quality yet. Just wanted to give you another option.

http://www.carsteering.com/addtocart/1991_Toyota/Celica/Power_Steering_Rack/80-00602.html#

another option would be to rebuild it yourself, but it would require some special tools for sizing/shaping the seals and the rebuild kit isn't really cheaper than a rebuilt rack.

Ads28
08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for another option, thats a lil cheaper, I'm pretty certain ill be going with 1stToyota when i get paid tomoro

RedRkt01
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Time for new jugs?

tuner4life
08-21-2008, 05:52 PM
I got mine reman from advance auto.

Thank God it was a lifetime warranty b/c as soon as I pulled the car out of the garage the new rack locked up. They did exchange it at no charge, but that was another 1/2 day wasted changing it out again. Dont think I would get one from there again, although it was the cheapest one I could find.

Baffles
08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
I got a reman from advance auto as well, and it is working fine now. I had an unidentified problem where it would be harder to turn randomly on a cold start during the winter, but it is fine now that it's warm out. I'll have to see if the problem resurfaces this winter.

KoreanJoey
08-22-2008, 07:46 AM
Hence why I do OEM Toyota.

acidice333
08-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I bought mine from this guy and replaced mine a few weeks ago.

http://www.shop.rackdoctor.net/product.sc?categoryId=4&productId=121