PDA

View Full Version : fmic on a 94 st

monny357
08-20-2008, 12:14 AM
I have a 94 st with a 3sgte swap in it... and im looking into getting a fmic. I was wondering if I needed to get the st205 bumper or would a fmic fit behind my stock bumper.... if it would fit behind my stock bumper what would be the biggest size that might fit? and if I got the gt4 bumper would it make a difference on what size I could run?

Colossus20v
08-21-2008, 03:24 AM
I've seen stock bumpers with FMIC, but I am not sure what the dimensions of it were. There are some guys who put a FMIC behind their alltrac bumpers, so there are some that fit.

T-spoon
08-21-2008, 08:13 AM
You can fit a good sized intercooler in there, certainly one plenty big for about any 3sgte application. The 6g bumper cover and especially the 94-95 have a very nice opening for air flow as far as stock bumper covers go IMO. The advantage to an st205 cover as I see it is just more surface area of the IC exposed though in terms of real world performance for most people on the streets I doubt that would matter a great deal, so it would be mostly an aesthetic decision.

monny357
08-21-2008, 05:02 PM
thanks... I figured that I could but I jus wanted to make sure... and im most likely going to get the gt4 bumper I just didn't know if I needed the bumper first.... and the inter cooler I was thinking about getting is 28x10x3.... length is from tip of inlet to tip of out let... core is about 22