PDA

View Full Version : Celica-Alltrac.com

RedRkt01
08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Hello All,

I am starting a new parts website specifically for Celica enthusiasts. It will be called Celica-Alltrac.com. Easy enough to remember, right? Anyway, I thought I'd throw this info out there for you guys to chew on. In preparation for launching the site I will be needing Celica photos. If you are interested in having you Celica featured on the site please send a photo or two to redrkt02@yahoo.com. I would like to show Celicas of all generations on the site so please send me those photos.

Inevitably you all will want to know what is for sale, so I guess I'll tell you right now. At the moment I have assembled a decent list of suspension and braking products including, but not limited to: H&R, Eibach, Koni, Suspension Techniques, KYB, B&G, Bilstein, DMS Coilovers, Hawk Pads, all parts KVR, Whiteline, Tokico, Ground Control Coilovers, KW Variant Coilovers, Ingalls, Powerslot Brakes, et cetera. I have dealer accounts to support all the aforementioned parts. I'll also be carrying the Aeroform body kit for the 4th Gens; Yes, you can still get it. If there is something you want included on this list let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Questions? Shoot them on over to me and I'll do my best to let you all know the answers.

Regards,

Red Rocket

METDeath
08-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but will you be able to get JDM parts? That's something to look into, find a way to get reasonably priced JDM parts for stuff like the 3S-GE rev 2/3/4 etc.

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, but will you be able to get JDM parts? That's something to look into, find a way to get reasonably priced JDM parts for stuff like the 3S-GE rev 2/3/4 etc.
I'll get there eventually, but not just yet.

I honestly thought there would be a little warmer reception than this. No questions? No comments? No........nothing? What a downer.....

T-spoon
08-20-2008, 02:08 AM
Not sure it's completely clear. You're saying you'll be a vendor for all that is listed, you have accounts with those companies?

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Not sure it's completely clear. You're saying you'll be a vendor for all that is listed, you have accounts with those companies?
That is correct, accounts are set up. Just waiting on the site to be finished.

T-spoon
08-20-2008, 02:16 AM
That could be cool then, I suggest PMing Luni about site sponsorship/vendor forum stuff.

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 02:18 AM
That could be cool then, I suggest PMing Luni about site sponsorship/vendor forum stuff.
One step ahead of you. Luni and I talked about this a few weeks ago. He wants to take a look at the site when it is finished. I'm confident, but we'll see.

vip09
08-20-2008, 02:41 AM
I thought 935 had that covered.. but hey, not going to complain about competition! :bigthumbu

Good luck man, hopefully you can offer a better variety of parts for us Alltrac guys.

Shadowlife25
08-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Why don't you update us again at that time. It helps to be able to do a little window shopping and price comparison.

So, what about your business will be advantageous to the target consumer?
What will estimated wait times be for parts orders?
Do you or will you, have stock on hand?
Will items ordered be shipped directly from your business, or will they be drop shipped?
How will your prices compare to other businesses that are already geared towards this market?
Will there be club discounts?
Will there be group buys?
What is your experience in this field?
Who are you?
What (do you feel) qualifies you to run a business of this type?
Will you have partners? If so, who are they?
What guarantees/warranties will be offered? (if any)

So, I'm sure this may seem like a ton of questions, but I guarantee you that these are factors that I personally consider before giving up my hard-earned cash. If I am considering these things, there are at least a few dozen others (if not more) that are wondering the same.

Lastly, why limit yourself? This is really a niche market, and your profit margin will not be high, especially if you are just getting started and do not have the capital readily available to get volume discounts.

-Mario

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 03:06 AM
I thought 935 had that covered.. but hey, not going to complain about competition! :bigthumbu

Good luck man, hopefully you can offer a better variety of parts for us Alltrac guys.
I do want to compete. Unfortunately, most wholesalers and distributers seem to be pretty tight about what discounts they're willing to give out. I think what will set me apart is that this is a website for our community. I want to specialize in Celicas, not Supras or MR2s. No others. I have been scouring the internet looking for parts for my '89 since 1997. What I never had was a central location to find parts for my car. Hopefully, over time, this will help fill that void.

Shadowlife25
08-20-2008, 03:11 AM
One last thought on the subject: What is your name?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't just want to send my money off to someone named "binky" and just hope that my parts show up.
This is a part of establishing a reputation, as well as a level of personal trust between yourself and your potential consumer.

Just my .02

-Mario

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 03:24 AM
One last thought on the subject: What is your name?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't just want to send my money off to someone named "binky" and just hope that my parts show up.
This is a part of establishing a reputation, as well as a level of personal trust between yourself and your potential consumer.

Just my .02

-Mario
For the record, my name is Kevin. As for the other pointers/questions/schooling.........well I'm going to leave all of that alone. A bit overwhelming.

Shadowlife25
08-20-2008, 03:31 AM
For the record, my name is Kevin. As for the other pointers/questions/schooling.........well I'm going to leave all of that alone. A bit overwhelming.

They were not "pointers" or "schooling". All were legitimate questions that I, at least, would appreciate answers to.

Hard to do business with or recommend a business that you know NOTHING about.

You wanted questions and thoughts on the matter. Now it's your job to answer them.

Questions? Shoot them on over to me and I'll do my best to let you all know the answers.

-Mario

Shadowlife25
08-20-2008, 03:38 AM
Kevin, just received your PM.

I am not trying to interrogate you. If I have come off this way, I do apologize.

I will definitely check your site out, I just hoped that we could have some insight into your prior experience in this field.

celica91gts
08-20-2008, 03:58 AM
sounds good man. good luck with the site. im sure its challenging and a burden at times, but hopefully in the future you will have a successful business.

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Kevin, just received your PM.

I am not trying to interrogate you. If I have come off this way, I do apologize.

I will definitely check your site out, I just hoped that we could have some insight into your prior experience in this field.

I understand completely. But you had me drinking out of a fire hose. This site is a startup and I have never done this before. But I have been around these cars for a long time so I believe I can be a player in this niche. My reputation is riding on it........what small reputation I have anyway.

I don't think I am limiting myself with the product lineup; I just need somewhere to start. Stocking? No, in the beginning. Demand will determine what parts are stocked in house after I have some numbers on what is popular. Shipping times? I want to have products drop shipped to cut down on shipping costs and delivery times. The idea is that the day you place the order is the day it gets on the truck. Prompt and as cheap as possible.

Group buys? We'll see. On certain items I'm sure there will be opportunities, but where the margin is small....not likely. At least one product will be a minimum of two per order. I'm all about the group buy on that one. It all depends on the demand and what parts we are talking about.

How do I stack up against the competition? On some of this stuff I don't have my pricing together yet. For what I offer the 4th geners I can tell you this: They will be happy. If you have a specific pricing question about something or want to know if I will offer an item, just ask and I'll work out the pricing for a quote. So far this part has been the most time consuming, so bear with me.

Warranties? This is not my deal. I don't make the parts. I don't warrant the parts. This is between the consumer and the manufacturer's warranty.

Ok, so what's next?

Shadowlife25
08-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Great info. Thanks Kevin. :)

-Mario

Cavanagh
08-20-2008, 04:39 AM
Hey cool! I can't complain about more Celica Vendors...the more the marrier. Im excited to see the site, even though i have a 2. Good luck on everything.

geebes
08-20-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm excited to see the site up, hopefully there will be some sweet deals!

VikingJZ
08-20-2008, 05:29 AM
Interesting.

We'll see what happens. There's a good supply of information and parts info here already. Look into stuff for the first gen.

Shadowlife25
08-20-2008, 05:38 AM
^^ you're biased. :hehe:

Rick89GTS
08-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Great initiative, kudos for starting this up.
Looking forward to see how this develops. Best of luck.

gt lifthback
08-20-2008, 07:46 AM
cool another celica parts suplier.......kevin i have a question, warranty wise its all between the buyer and the manufacturer why not you the seller

celica91gts
08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
hes just acting as the middle man. even if he were to take care of the warranty's and such im sure it would take longer for him to sort them out then us, the buyer going directly to the company to sort out our issue with the product.

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Interesting.

We'll see what happens. There's a good supply of information and parts info here already. Look into stuff for the first gen.

Already have! There will be stuff for the 1st Gen.

RedRkt01
08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
hes just acting as the middle man. even if he were to take care of the warranty's and such im sure it would take longer for him to sort them out then us, the buyer going directly to the company to sort out our issue with the product.

That is exactly right. I suppose that I could honor the warranty of any particular part, supply the consumer with a replacement, then deal with the manufacturer myself. But being that this is a startup, I need to keep things as simple as possible. The fact of the matter is that the consumer will be able to take care of a problem with the manufacturer faster than I can deal with it. Why slow the process down by putting me in the middle? I could go on some more about it..........I just think this is the best way to go about getting this thing off the ground.

celica9303
08-21-2008, 12:42 AM
What about if its damaged during shipping? And are you specializing in the 4g or will you carry an abundance of stuff for all gens? 5g stuff is always a plus. What made you decide on the name? Just wondering cuz there's a lot not non trac owners that need a better way to get parts. Good luck and can't wait to see it

RedRkt01
08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
What about if its damaged during shipping? And are you specializing in the 4g or will you carry an abundance of stuff for all gens? 5g stuff is always a plus. What made you decide on the name? Just wondering cuz there's a lot not non trac owners that need a better way to get parts. Good luck and can't wait to see it

I think that I'll probably take care of problems that arise from delivery. After all, I wouldn't want someone else to get a headache over a part they had only just received. What's more is that having just ordered a part I will be familiar to the distributor/manufacturer.

I am a 4th Gen guy, always have been, always will be. I wouldn't say that I'll be specializing in 4th Gens, though I know the most about those parts associated with it. In practice I will be working with all gens. Your 5th Gen will be covered. An abundance of parts? Not just yet, but I'm going to work towards that. I want to stock parts for everybody. In fact, since I'm carrying Whiteline parts I will be supporting every generation. With luck and hard work I'll expand that capability to other product lines.

The name? The .com was hard to decide on. The name of the company in its legal capacity is Red Rocket Perfomance & Design. Kinda cheesy, but there are alterior motives to the naming convention. I wouldn't dare put that in a domain name.........Can you imagine being unfamiliar with that name and trying to remember it? I didn't really see that happening. So I needed to come up with something that was easy to remember and practical. I was also limited by the available domain names. I tried several combinations of the words "Celica", "Alltrac", "Parts", "Motorsports", and "Performance" amongst others. Nothing really stuck with me with the exception of www.Celica-Alltrac.com. If you have a trac or have been around tracs long enough you'll know that the real name of the car is the Celica Alltrac, which is a plus for the domain name. It makes sense. Although I don't want people to think that it only supports Alltracs. Basically, if you have a Celica of any kind this site will be for you. I'm also thinking with the logic that this is a site serving a market niche. I expect those potential customers to find the site through the community. I don't need some silly name like "Motorsports" or "Performance" to draw customers through a search engine. I want community sites such as CTech to serve as an information gateway to what I intend to be a community resource.

manu
08-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Do you ship worldwide?

RedRkt01
08-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Do you ship worldwide?

Not yet. Depending on what you are looking for it may become cost-prohibitive. So what are you looking for?

celica9303
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Very cool Kevin can't wait to see the site and your prices vs other people. Will you possibly be able to give us meaning ctech a sneak peek at it before it goes public? In order to give you feedback and suggestions. Make sure to tell the guys and girls over at alltrac.net

RedRkt01
08-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Very cool Kevin can't wait to see the site and your prices vs other people. Will you possibly be able to give us meaning ctech a sneak peek at it before it goes public? In order to give you feedback and suggestions. Make sure to tell the guys and girls over at alltrac.net

Ctech will be the first to know. I will be sure to tell the other forums as well. I appreciate the encouragement. Thanks to all whom have posted thus far.

RedRkt01
08-27-2008, 04:24 AM
Well...it has been a few days and no one else has posted here. I think most of Ctech's regular users have taken a look at this post. While we are waiting for the site to go up I can make individual quotes should someone be in need. Email @ redrkt02@yahoo.com and let me know what you are looking for......I'll try to find it for you at a reasonable price. If not, you can always wait for the site...............soo you soon.

Kevin

Grot
10-20-2008, 05:10 AM
anyidea on when the site will be up?

RedRkt01
10-20-2008, 04:15 PM
anyidea on when the site will be up?

That depends on my buddy. He runs a marketing firm here in STL and is doing it gratis. It was supposed to be done between late August -Mid-September.......and what does the calendar say now? But through a myriad of delays and miscommunications........it got all fucked up. I'm determined to have it done before Thanksgiving, but we'll see. I've done all I can on my end. Now I have to wait. Gay.