PDA

View Full Version : Buy my car.... because i need

ciento44
08-14-2008, 08:56 PM
This.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/795344791.html

I'm not joking. Someone offer me $2000 for my car, and i'm all over this.

PhillyDRFT
08-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh dipp! Dude jump on that shit!!

david in germany
08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Cool oldie!

ciento44
08-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh dipp! Dude jump on that shit!!

I can't unless someone buys my car. :(

I can't drop that cash right now.... moving end of this month and i has need for 3sgte.

PhillyDRFT
08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I can't unless someone buys my car. :(

I can't drop that cash right now.... moving end of this month and i has need for 3sgte.

There's way more 3sgte's in existence than those. Sell some semen, blood, a kidney, turn some tricks. Make it do what it do!

ciento44
08-14-2008, 09:13 PM
There's way more 3sgte's in existence than those. Sell some semen, blood, a kidney, turn some tricks. Make it do what it do!

I'll 3sgte it later... but someone needs my car first. :hehe:

tekstep01
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
dammmmmnn thats a sick ass rolla!! BUY IT NOW!!! but sell your soul dude, faster than selling your car.. lol!

Luni
08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I dont understand peoples deal with those ugly ass old things.

GTFO with that crap.

ciento44
08-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I dont understand peoples deal with those ugly ass old things.

GTFO with that crap.

Have you seen my Celica? NASTY FUGLY.

tekstep01
08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
they are soon to be collectors items like classic mustangs... the way things are i have only seen one or two Gen. 1 celicas around for sale in decent shape even gen 2-3 celicas are hard to find in decent shape, let alone a rolla that well cared for.... must of been in a garage for sure. Love the hatch badge!

Ryan
08-15-2008, 12:16 AM
i would snatch your car if i had 2 grand........ :(

ciento44
08-15-2008, 12:23 AM
i would snatch your car if i had 2 grand........ :(

Sell the grey one. Get you a rust free black hatch with about $1000 in performance parts.

RIGHT NOW.

Ryan
08-15-2008, 12:43 AM
i cant sell mine with it not running......plus im still paying off my loan...

andy
08-15-2008, 06:13 AM
dear lord mother spoonstick. buy that sumbitch NOW!! I would if i was there!

Chris
08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Aside from it being rare... and kind of cute... I really don't see how that compares with older Mustangs on the collectible scale. Except to say that it's in better shape than most mustangs out there, period.

Murgatroy
08-15-2008, 08:32 AM
It is all about the market. Now that younger folks that grew up with imports are getting older and having more disposable income, they cars of their youth will become the collector market.

While I grew up lusting after muscle cars, someone much younger than me grew up lusting after Celicas and Corollas. So where I would be more willing to buy a Camaro, someone younger than me is going to be willing to buy a Corolla, as they remember their wasted youth in one.

I can still recall many summers of sticking to the vinyl seats of one Camaro or another, driving out into the woods for a kegger, tearing a hole in my gas tank on a stump, getting stuck in the mud or making it with that hot chick in the back seat. These are the memories that lead to a collector car.

CriScO
08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
This reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when I guy came in my store fed up with his '83 rolla wagon that wouldn't pass emissions. After he left, I told the guy working with me, "I almost made him an offer for that car."
"The carb's screwed up and it won't pass emissions without a new one," he replied.
"Not an issue," I said back, "It'd have a 3S-GTE when I was done with it!"

That puppy would be even more of a sleeper. I think I'm starting to see how your mind works, Ben... :)

donteatbugs
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
3sgte is hard to put in one of those. the 3sge or 4age would be a much better choise. they are already setup for rwd.

ciento44
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
3sgte is hard to put in one of those. the 3sge or 4age would be a much better choise. they are already setup for rwd.

I wouldn't be worried about that. Challenge is no problem. I've got the resources to do pretty much anything out here.

Buddy and i are putting a 1uzfe in a 3rd gen Camaro over the next few months. We're accumulating parts right now, got the shell, got the motor, started making the mounts.

Chris
08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
While I grew up lusting after muscle cars, someone much younger than me grew up lusting after Celicas and Corollas. So where I would be more willing to buy a Camaro, someone younger than me is going to be willing to buy a Corolla, as they remember their wasted youth in one.

Yeah, I can see that. Guess that explains my attachment to the Celica.

Wicked Toys
08-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Dude you need to give the sweet ride a nice new home. Start washing cars or something, get the money. :bigthumbu

Futant3
08-17-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm with you Luni I don't get it on most of the older imports. I can see what Murg is saying, but most of those muscle cars had something else cool about them besides the memories. I just have a hard time imagining anyone saying "in high school my buddy's dad had this bad ass Corrolla he let us drive". Although maybe my perspective is off because my dad's cool car was a 69 Mach 1.

That said I can still appreciate an old car that's still in great shape just because of the challenge of surviving.

VikingJZ
08-17-2008, 05:01 AM
My dad's cool car was a Javelin AMX.

I love my first gen though. Just wish it runned