PDA

View Full Version : Different Engine

celicaSThelpme
08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
I personally have never heard of this engine but my "dumbass" buddy says i should get it

This guy thinks he knows a ton about engines but im not so sure, hes obsessed with the honda VTEC engines and saw this engine and told me to get it cuz it has VVT power

he claims that the engine will be just as good as lets say my buddies CRX with VTEC

the engine is 1ZZ-FE

is my buddy still a dumbass, or is this actually a good engine

and there is no way that would fit in my car, is there??

im on wiki right now reading about it but of course i want a human responce

thanks

CriScO
08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
If you really want to go to all that trouble you're much better off with the 2ZZ-GE. Better be comfortable with welding.

However, since you already have a 4A, a 20v 4A-GE swap would be an even better option, the mounts are already there. Or you could have some fun with it and go 4A-GZE.

90CelicaST
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
OH NO NOT VTAK!??! :runaway:

On a serious note. This is from the guide on mr2oc.com on how to fit a 2ZZ in an MK1.

1. Mounting Points- All 3 transaxle mounts can be used from the C-52. Some fab work is necessary for the passenger motor mount.

2. Evap/Fuel system - make returnless, somewhat extensive
- http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=144375

3. Slave cylinder - minor requires 3/16 female to male M12 coupling (brake fitting) From the firewall chassis fitting to 3/16" aluminum brake line. Use tube bender to make custom bends. Attach to the C-60's slave.

4. Header - reweld flange or contact David Lea (LittleRocket) who sells Brad Bedell's header. I custom frabricated my own B-Pipe. Bedell may eventually have a B-Pipe available.

5. Axles - 91+ MR2 N/A non-ABS

6. Power Steering Pump removed - 1ZZ Idler pulley PN:13570-22010

7. Coolant/Heater hose - custom setup, many ways to do this.
Oh, and have fun with the wiring.

PhillyDRFT
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
It'll be a hastle to swap in, your buddy knows hondas. Sounds like a toolbox to me lol.

Yes it uses variable valve timing. It would be a wiring nightmare.

You COULD swap in a late generation 3sge and end up with the potential and power goals. VVT-I isn't spectacular. It's nice but no more beneficial than a good set of cams.

Edit: Forgot you're an A series. Yeah theres lots of open doors there.

ciento44
08-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I personally have never heard of this engine but my "dumbass" buddy says i should get it

This guy thinks he knows a ton about engines but im not so sure, hes obsessed with the honda VTEC engines and saw this engine and told me to get it cuz it has VVT power

he claims that the engine will be just as good as lets say my buddies CRX with VTEC

the engine is 1ZZ-FE

is my buddy still a dumbass, or is this actually a good engine

and there is no way that would fit in my car, is there??

im on wiki right now reading about it but of course i want a human responce

thanks

1zzfe makes like.... 140hp. To the crank. Waste of time to swap it. And money.

Your buddy is probably talking about the 2zzge. If he knows what he's talking about.

I say pick an engine and stay with it.

celicaSThelpme
08-14-2008, 08:29 PM
haha i never was thinking about swapping it i was just wondering how easy it would be

thanks guys

so this VVT-i its not as special as my buddy thinks LOL

ciento44
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
haha i never was thinking about swapping it i was just wondering how easy it would be

thanks guys

so this VVT-i its not as special as my buddy thinks LOL

Your buddy is thinking of vvtl-i which makes vtec look like weaksauce.

celicaSThelpme
08-14-2008, 08:51 PM
haha NICE

:D

tekstep01
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
yeah hondas are a conformist car, anyone who buys one gives up their chance of being "unique" or even "original" because hondas are a dime a dozen......
Swap it anyway so you can show your nube-sauce buddy what t-power is! while your smokin his weed wacker.....

ciento44
08-14-2008, 09:08 PM
yeah hondas are a conformist car, anyone who buys one gives up their chance of being "unique" or even "original" because hondas are a dime a dozen......
Swap it anyway so you can show your nube-sauce buddy what t-power is! while your smokin his weed wacker.....

Oooooo.... watch the false hope buddy.... i have no doubt an equivalent year Civic with a basic LS vtec on a short tranny would waste your average 4afte. :hehe:

tekstep01
08-14-2008, 09:15 PM
eee, sick wit it... you fached the hatchi? sleeper or riced?
b.t.w. if his friend is really a tool hes prob. got a cold air, and a bumper kit... easy to smoke.... :owned:

celicaSThelpme
08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
LMFAO i would hope so haha

i would love to do the swap cept it would cost me WAY TO MUCH

ciento44
08-14-2008, 09:19 PM
eee, sick wit it... you fached the hatchi? sleeper or riced?
b.t.w. if his friend is really a tool hes prob. got a cold air, and a bumper kit... easy to smoke.... :owned:

wth?

90CelicaST
08-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Oooooo.... watch the false hope buddy.... i have no doubt an equivalent year Civic with a basic LS vtec on a short tranny would waste your average 4afte. :hehe:
Apples to oranges. Since when were B18s 1.6L?

tekstep01
08-14-2008, 09:57 PM
i thought you said you HAD a civic i wanted to know if you modded it or left it sleeping...

ciento44
08-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Apples to oranges. Since when were B18s 1.6L?

Lol.... we're talking LSVtec n/a vs boosted 4afe. Should be equal, right? :hehe:

Fine.... bolt on B16 mated to a CTR or YS1 tranny should have no problems taking it out. :)

ciento44
08-14-2008, 10:22 PM
i thought you said you HAD a civic i wanted to know if you modded it or left it sleeping...

I don't have a civic...... no.......

I come from a Honda background.

donteatbugs
08-15-2008, 11:27 AM
you can win races with short gears but can you drive on the instersate under 3k?

ciento44
08-15-2008, 01:04 PM
you can win races with short gears but can you drive on the instersate under 3k?

Lol nope. More like 4500.

tuner4life
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
One of those ZZ motors runs 14.7s right from the factory!! :laugh:

tuner4life
08-15-2008, 01:11 PM
One of those ZZ motors runs 14.7s right from the factory!!