PDA

View Full Version : intake mod?

freestylebiker33
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
has anybody made a intake manifold for the 2nd gen 3sgte? if soo ideas would be greatly appreciated

i only know of 2
1) rmr intake 900 dollars ( to much $)
2) cut the stock plenum off the stock intake and weld a bigger plenum on (ghetto )

help me out my goals are 400+ to the ground on meth around 20- psi

ciento44
08-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Stock intake manifold will be plenty fine for that power level, won't hold you back much.

JUN makes one, though.

freestylebiker33
08-09-2008, 10:41 AM
i am makin a custom intake manifold, 2.5 inch runners and 5 inch plenum with side entry 78mm throttle ill post pics once it is done

karl
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
2) cut the stock plenum off the stock intake and weld a bigger plenum on (ghetto )

there's also the 3SGE manifold.

i don't think welding a plenum onto the stock runners is ghetto though. the plenum is the problem, not the runners. doing this solves the problem. nothing ghetto about that.

Ricksta
09-01-2008, 11:22 PM
has anybody made a intake manifold for the 2nd gen 3sgte? if soo ideas would be greatly appreciated

i only know of 2
1) rmr intake 900 dollars ( to much $)

help me out my goals are 400+ to the ground on meth around 20- psi

nobody said hp was cheap. i have my rmr and i couldnt be happier with the quality of this product. plus that 50hp bolt on helps a lot too :)

if your bitchin about rmr bein too pricey then you miles well stop while your ahead. 400hp your going to need fuel and turbo upgrades. not to mention a good standalone, bigger cams and a good tune. do you really know what your gettin yourself into?

freestylebiker33
09-02-2008, 07:15 AM
nobody said hp was cheap. i have my rmr and i couldnt be happier with the quality of this product. plus that 50hp bolt on helps a lot too :)

if your bitchin about rmr bein too pricey then you miles well stop while your ahead. 400hp your going to need fuel and turbo upgrades. not to mention a good standalone, bigger cams and a good tune. do you really know what your gettin yourself into?

well, where do i start.. number one yes i do know wat im getting my self in too, i just did a recent count of how much i have spent on my engine with OUT electronics, tranny , and clutch... i have spent alittle over 10,000 dollars and me "bitchin" about the intake is not for the fact im cheap or do not know how to build a race car, its about wats better for the price.. it's allright i allready made my self a flange on the CNC and i am in the process of fabricating my own intake

celica91gts
09-02-2008, 09:07 AM
rick, why are your replys always so dick? im sure you could have said that in a nicer manner. i just find that "do you really know what your gettin yourself into?" is a nice slap in the face by belittling someones intelligence.

Gary
09-02-2008, 02:24 PM
i don't think welding a plenum onto the stock runners is ghetto though. the plenum is the problem, not the runners. doing this solves the problem. nothing ghetto about that.
Well said.
That setup has been proven and will support 400 hp.
But you need to do it right. It's all about the flow.
BTW, JUN surge tank will not clear the firewall on ST185.

ciento44
09-02-2008, 02:41 PM

If you think bolting on an RMR is going to give you 50whp, then you need to re-evaluate what you think you know.

freestylebiker33
09-05-2008, 04:10 AM
rick, why are your replys always so dick? im sure you could have said that in a nicer manner. i just find that "do you really know what your gettin yourself into?" is a nice slap in the face by belittling someones intelligence.

thanks well said!!!!!

Shadowlife25
09-05-2008, 05:45 AM
Ok.....

All man-bitching aside :hehe: How is your intake project coming sir? I can't wait to see how it turns out. You did a bang up job on the fist piece. :)

-Mario