PDA

View Full Version : no spark.....again!!

Ryan
08-06-2008, 11:45 PM
so here is the story. i drove my car on monday a little bit, it was running just fine...tuesday rolls around and i went out to start it to go to work....it just cranked. unfortunately i didnt have anybody to help me check for spark until later on in the evening. so once my dad got home we checked for spark. it has absolutely no spark. i checked fuel at the banjo fitting on the fuel pump and i have fuel for sure.

i ohms tested the coil and magnetic pick up. all were in spec. i swapped igniters with my dads car and the igniter was ok. all of my fuses and relays are fine and i didnt see any noticeable wiring gremlins...

could it be my crankshaft position sensor?

any ideas on what could cause this?

...i replaced the whole distributor last summer as well as the ecu.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rix86
08-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Used distributor?
or aftermarket?
either could be the issue.

Make sure the timing belt isn't broken, though.

Ryan
08-07-2008, 01:17 AM
the distributor is oem. the timing belt is brand new, and like i said, it ran perfect when i parked it...

ciento44
08-07-2008, 01:25 PM
It rained again, didn't it....

Ryan
08-08-2008, 02:34 AM
what do you mean?

Ryan
08-08-2008, 02:43 AM
update- i put my original distributor back in with a new coil pickup. i also checked for power to everything....i have power to everything except the connector(both male and female sides) of the magnetic generator.... does anybody have any ideas?

like i previously stated, the coil, igniter, fuses, relays, and wiring are all good. the ecu is a refurbished one that i bought last year. if im not mistaken, if i dont have power to that connector for the magnetic generator, would that be caused by not having signal from the ecu???

HELP PLEASE!!!

Ryan
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
help!!!!