PDA

View Full Version : not looking good for my celica..

david in germany
08-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Bad things happen sometimes.. Today I found one bad thing that has been sneaking up on me from INSIDE the body of the celica..
The entire bad spot is about 10-11 inches long and centered under the drivers door. Think it is time to move on.. I will need to patch it before I can sell it but up till now it has been in great condition.. I wouldn't have completely redone the exhaust if I had seen this coming..
Damn.. :(

http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/P1020794.JPG
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/P1020793.JPG
http://www.celicatech.com/gallery/files/7/8/P1020795.JPG

Replacement is going to be a 2009 Mini Cooper S. I already have the invoice and just need to drop the down payment. It will be ready in Nov-Dec time period.

ciento44
08-04-2008, 06:23 PM
That stuff isn't fun to fix.... that's why i dumped my 93. Got to the point that i just poked it with my finger and a 5" chunk fell off.

Sorry to hear, man, but enjoy the new ride. :)

Colossus20v
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
sorry dave.

Im excited for you about the mini though. That should be a really fun vehicle to cruise around in. :)

Galcobar
08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Heh, Mini is just what I considered when I was debtating replacing my Celica. It's surprisingly hard to find a smaller car with good handling and nice interior appointments.

Murgatroy
08-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I hate to see that DiG. Chaos has the same issue in the same spot.

I see a lot of us moving on from Celica recently.

I haven't even started Chaos in a month. :(

k.beaty
08-05-2008, 03:55 AM
if you want to part it out, let us know :>

david in germany
08-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Heh, Mini is just what I considered when I was debtating replacing my Celica. It's surprisingly hard to find a smaller car with good handling and nice interior appointments.

Not to mention with my driving style I hope to pull 40+ mpg on my daily commute! :bowdown:

I am going to sand blast the area and see what I can do to kill the cancer then slap a patch on the outside to seal it up. won't look pretty but will keep it solid.
This Celica will NEVER be parted as long as I own it...

CriScO
08-05-2008, 07:58 AM
I hate to see that DiG. Chaos has the same issue in the same spot.
+1 For the coupe, x4. Plus both of mine have flapping fenders. But at least we keep ours! :hehe:

Just kidding DiG, although it sucks to see another one go. But as long as you stick around and keep giving good Celi advice we're cool. :)

david in germany
08-05-2008, 08:12 AM
+1 For the coupe, x4. Plus both of mine have flapping fenders. But at least we keep ours! :hehe:

Just kidding DiG, although it sucks to see another one go. But as long as you stick around and keep giving good Celi advice we're cool. :)

hehe, I plan on staying a LONG time! Also I probably can get better advice here for the mini than anywhere else on the web! :sneak:

Slider
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Wimp!

j/k :hehe:

I hate rust with a passion, so much salt on the road here really kills these cars, makes me sad to see the shape a lot of the older cars are in. Hope you have fun with replacement, they're very fun little cars.

KoreanJoey
08-06-2008, 03:24 AM
Wimp!

j/k :hehe:

I hate rust with a passion, so much salt on the road here really kills these cars, makes me sad to see the shape a lot of the older cars are in. Hope you have fun with replacement, they're very fun little cars.

This is why I like the west coast.

david in germany
08-06-2008, 12:13 PM
MINI offered $1545. for it today as trade in. Listed the car as "good" condition because I think he missed the spot..

extremeskillz
08-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Not bad. I like the minis and considered buying a cooper-s someday. this maybe if we here from toyota about the "sports car" they supposedly going to build. If not im down with the the mini, fully option cooper s for 23,000.

david in germany
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Not bad. I like the minis and considered buying a cooper-s someday. this maybe if we here from toyota about the "sports car" they supposedly going to build. If not im down with the the mini, fully option cooper s for 23,000.

Priced mine at $25k. Sport package, Convienence Package, Auto AC, the upgraded sound system, and a few other goodies ;). (this is military pricing :USA: )

david in germany
08-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Just got the offical offer in my email.... $500 for the Celica. Guess I will hang onto it.

nyana107
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
$500, for your celica? haha nice :)

david in germany
08-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Yep kinda like a smack in the face for having a cute baby!
The salesman liked the car but his boss is the one that sets the price of the trade ins.

On a side note, I fixed my 87 4runner! :woot: I have steering again!

Armygrognard
08-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Just got the offical offer in my email.... $500 for the Celica. Guess I will hang onto it.

What a rip-off! Tell ya what -- I'll trade you my Opel 1-for-1 for your Celica!

:wiggle:

david in germany
08-06-2008, 07:41 PM
About damn time you showed up!!! I have some 220v cables i will trade you for the Opel!

Armygrognard
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
About damn time you showed up!!! I have some 220v cables i will trade you for the Opel!

That is very tempting.

zmile06
08-11-2008, 08:50 PM
That spot isn't THAT bad, cut weld smooth. My entire floor pan was rusted out to the frame and i didn't sell it. I had someone weld in a new panel threw some por-15 and called it a day. The guy did put in sheet metal too thin but i will just fiber glass it to reinforce it or throw something over it so it dosen't bend when i put my foot down.

My uncle fixed rust around a fender with just grinding and bondo. Given that rust it worse, but you could fix it for a decent price if you searched around. That stuff does suck, bu i wouldn't sell my celica over that.