PDA

View Full Version : Work Time Suggestions

Baffles
08-04-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey guys, I just broke the 150,000 mile mark in my 90 GT. It's my daily driver, and starting August 25 I will be commuting 90 miles round trip per day for school.

What work should I do before driving it that much daily? The suspension is pretty much worn, so will I just need new struts, or are there other components to go with that?

Tires are about bald, so I'm getting 4 new ones. Any suggestions at all? I'd like all season tires, and I'll be mostly doing highway driving. Cheaper is better as well.

I'm going to be doing a brake overhaul, I have a slow leak someplace in the system, need new rotors on the front, etc. I figure I'll go with ceramic pads, new rotors on the front (they have had grooves in them since I got the car, never changed them), new shoes on the back.

Any other work I should do? The timing belt is about 100k miles old, I'm kinda weary of changing it myself though because it's so involved.

Kastigir
08-04-2008, 04:19 AM
Hey guys, I just broke the 150,000 mile mark in my 90 GT. It's my daily driver, and starting August 25 I will be commuting 90 miles round trip per day for school.

What work should I do before driving it that much daily? The suspension is pretty much worn, so will I just need new struts, or are there other components to go with that?

Tires are about bald, so I'm getting 4 new ones. Any suggestions at all? I'd like all season tires, and I'll be mostly doing highway driving. Cheaper is better as well.

I'm going to be doing a brake overhaul, I have a slow leak someplace in the system, need new rotors on the front, etc. I figure I'll go with ceramic pads, new rotors on the front (they have had grooves in them since I got the car, never changed them), new shoes on the back.

Any other work I should do? The timing belt is about 100k miles old, I'm kinda weary of changing it myself though because it's so involved.
That timing belt is way overdue. I'd stop driving it until it's replaced.

Baffles
08-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Alright, I threw new struts in and ti rides a lot better now. 4 wheel alignment and new tires Tuesday.

Timing belt is on the list to do asap, but I can't just stop driving it as it's my daily driver. It's not like a broken timing belt is going to break anything too bad from what I understand, because it's non-interference.

ciento44
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Kuhmo ASX tires are cheap and not too bad.

Just do a tune up, and keep driving it.

Timing belt of course.