PDA

View Full Version : Celica number 2!

mitchrichard
08-02-2008, 04:44 AM
so today i found a 1983 celica gt 5speed in a field! got looking at it and the body needs some work but underneath it in really good shape,

Talked to the guy that owned it and asked if it ran and how much?
he said 400 bucks and handed me the key and it started right up!:) i also got the original Toyota wheels! so i went to the bank got him his money and drove the old beast home.

its gonna need some new front struts and rear shocks.maybe springs not to sure...also its going to need some brake work done they work but i will feel safer with some new rotors pads and shoes.

The interior is in decent shape also theres only one rip in the drives seat and thats it other than being dirty.

now i have no knowledge on 3rd gen celicas so any wisdom on them would be great anything and everything!

ill get some pics going this weekend hopefully

one thing thats really bothering me is that the speedo dose not work!!! all other gauges work but the speedo

But so far very impressed with the 22RE and it is very fun to drive! :burn:

burnyd
08-02-2008, 05:08 AM
theres a guy I know on ctech who swears by them..............

factory 300k rwd damn it blah blah blah lol......

but anyways good steal on a reliable car.. post pics!!

mitchrichard
08-02-2008, 05:17 AM
yeaa i was busy tonight tryin to fuiger out how to repair the passenger rear panel its pretty rough thinking gonna weld a hole new one in unless theres other ideas??

but i will work on pics tomorrow!

celicaGT90_05
08-02-2008, 05:20 AM
theres a guy I know on ctech who swears by them..............

factory 300k rwd damn it blah blah blah lol......

but anyways good steal on a reliable car.. post pics!!

hes going to be oh so happy! Just think, another member with a 3rd gen, thats gonna get crazy!

extremeskillz
08-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Nice find. A lil TLC will make it a great ride. Good luck with it.

H8PVMNT
08-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Check out DOA racing and LC Engineering for alot of great 22re stuff. They specialize in the trucks but it's the same engine. I tried the adjustable cam gear from LC and the C270 cam from DOA in an '86 4WD pickup with great success! :burn:

tuner4life
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Nice find! Hope it works out good for you!