PDA

View Full Version : Looking for OSP auto cross classification guide

88GT2GTS
07-31-2008, 05:03 AM
Can someone point me to a classification guide for the OSP auto cross class? Our club uses the OPSO and OPSU classes instead so SM and SM2. but no one seems to have the rules for the class. I did search and couldn't find anything

KoreanJoey
07-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Open Street?

If you use those rules you'll have to check with your region.

NWR uses SM and SM2...

OR must have something different.

88GT2GTS
07-31-2008, 03:35 PM
It's not "open street", it's "over street prepared". There is OSPU and OSPO with 2.5 liters (I believe) being the break between the two. "U" for under and "O" for over. I'm in OSPO because of the 3.0 motor.

KoreanJoey
08-01-2008, 02:31 AM
huh... yeah you'd be in SM up here...

Dunno, go whip out a rule book dude.

88GT2GTS
08-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks. If I had the rules I wouldn't be asking if anyone has the rules. It's not an offical SCCA class; one that the S.F. region created that we use.

Hiko
08-02-2008, 11:49 PM
You must remember, this is, as you said, a regional class that neither Joey nor I are familiar with.

As such, to get specifics, you'll have to ask the people who are importing it for your regions use (they might change the rules from the S.F. ones for Oregon).

But OSP rules for different regions are usually accepted as, no slicks (R-comps allowed though), and only cars that were once registered for street use. There are no weight, forced induction, suspension, aerodynamic, or engine swap rules. Usually, no displacement rules are implied, though you guys do use the 2.5 Liter split that few other regions use. But as I said, your regions rules could differ, you'll have to ask them.

88GT2GTS
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Hiko, thanks for the reply. I wasn't asking anyone in particular about the rules, just throwing out the question in a public forum hoping that someone may have the information I'm looking for. I know the generals that you mentioned about the class, Iím looking for the specifics like how much interior does a car need, for example. Our club uses the S.F. region rules but I havenít been able to find them anywhere yet. For some reason we donít have the specific rules documented, so itís hard to prove or disprove a car is eligible for the class other than the generals you mentioned. I searched around before asking here. I do know there are lots of people on this forum from the bay area and was hoping someone would be familiar with the rules, or could find them and point me/us to them. Iíll just try to contact the regional club directly.