PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown Hotline

Chris
07-21-2008, 02:22 AM
The purpose of this thread is to give some of our traveling members some help if they get stuck somewhere. I stole the idea (and even the thread title) from supramania.com. I figured it was that good of an idea. So credit goes to those guys.

Mods, if you could sticky this I think that'd be helpful to anyone who needs help in a hurry.

Pretty basic idea here, just post your first name, location, what tools you have, phone number, how much you can do on a car and any other relevant info that you feel will help.

Try to keep the clutter/misc. posts out of this thread. It needs to be as clean as possible for those who need help quickly.

-edit- Good job guys, this thread is turning out pretty well. Just goes to show what kind of community we have here.

Chris
07-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Location: South Central Kansas, Wichita/Ark City/Ponca City, Okla. Area
Name: Chris
Shop/Work Area: Home, or where ever you're stuck.
Phone: 785-209-0384
Tools: Sockets, wrenches, air compressor, battery charger, jack/jack stands and other pretty basic, misc. tools. I don't have access to a shop, but I'll do whatever I can to help.
Time to call: Anytime, the phone number is my cell. If it's an emergency, burn the line up.
If I don't answer, just leave a voice mail. Make sure you identify yourself from Celicatech, but if you forget I'll probably still call back, no worries.
If you call several times and I do not answer, leave a voice mail or text message me, as I may be in class or working.

sloceli
07-21-2008, 03:07 AM
Name: Joel
Shop/Work Area: Home or where ever your stuck
Phone: 425-931-4042
Tools: Any and all hand tools that you could ever imagine.
Time to call: Anytime, of I'm available I'll help. But being military I might not always be home.
If I don't answer keep calling I'll wake up.

Shadowlife25
07-21-2008, 03:25 AM
Location: Napa CA. (Northern CA.) I'm about an hour away from most any major Bay Area city. (SAC. SF. Vallejo, Berkely, Oakland, Novato,...)
Name: Mario
Shop/Work Area: Home or where ever you're stuck.
Phone: 707-738-3736
Tools: Full set of Craftsman hand tools in the back of my Celi, Low-rise racing jack, jackstands, A factory 15" spare tire ;)
Time to call: Anytime. If I don't answer right away, leave a message or blow it up! Please do let me know you're from C-Tech (user name and real name) :)

Murgatroy
07-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Name: Bob
Shop/Work Area: Home or where ever you are stuck at.
Phone: 865-773-9708
Tools: Hand tools and the Pull-a-Part. Yours won't be the first Celi I have repaired hundreds of miles from home.
Time to Call: Whenever, I sleep days though.

CriScO
07-21-2008, 03:41 AM
Name: Chris (You can actually call me CriScO though, my friends do)
Shop/Work Area: No shop, you can always park by my store/work on it there for a few days if necessary.
Phone: (303)668-3793
Tools: Basic hand tools, but many mechanic friends if anything needs to be borrowed.
Time to call: Afternoon/Evening/Late are always best, but if you're in a jam morning isn't a problem. It is my personal cell. I tend not to answer unknown numbers, but leave a message with who you are and I'll get back as soon as I can, usually within a few minutes.

On a side note, my store is one of the last parts stores before you cross the mountains if you're heading east, and not far from I-70. There's also a Toyota dealership down the road that keeps a decent stock of parts. If anyone needs anything before heading into the rockies let me know!

Great idea, stolen or not! :bigthumbu

VikingJZ
07-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Name: Aaron
Shop/Work Area: Home. Can bring stuff.
Tools: Hand tools, assorted air tools/compressor, etc.
Time to Call: Days essentially. I sleep nights and generally put my phone on silent for bed time. I also have AAA and unlimited towing.

#: 574-248-1191

car
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Name: Caleb
Shop/Work Area: Wherever you happen to be stuck if you're close by
Tools: Not much, just basic tools and I might know some people
Time to Call: whenever, cell: 260-388-3407

geebes
07-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Name: Matt
Shop: My apartment carport :(
Tools: Pretty basic at this point
Number: 509-844-5923...I don't answer strange numbers so please leave a message
Time: Whenever, preferably before midnight.

tuner4life
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
name: Jason
phone: (574) 248 0773
When: Call anytime, although I work 8-4 in mishawaka, but try anyways. If I dont answer, keep calling I will eventually hear it.
tools: most any hand tools.
shop: No shop, but I will try to help either on the side of the road, or at home.

RIalltrac
07-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I dont post a lot anywhere anymore....but some people have helped me out too much not to lend a hand.

Location: RI...its too damn small to give anyone a reason to not travel to either end
name: Chris
phone: (401) 374-0964
When: Call anytime....I do work M-F 8-5 though...so if you call me during those hours you might have to wait a bit.....
tools: Mostly hand tools, but I do have a truck and a driveway.....where theres a will theres a way...we can always get the car to my house for ease of repair. Currently have shop manuals for the 90 celica on hand. Also Alltracman78 is usually only a phone call away....who needs a shop with backing like that?
shop: No Shop access, but there are a handful of shops in my immediate area (North Providence)

In my area I do have a handful of auto part stores including napa and autozone. My current money pit is a 90 Celica Alltrac, so if something turbo 3s related is your issue I'll be more than helpful in coming to a resolution.

Dr Tweak
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Name: Dr Tweak
Shop/Work Area: Full Service Shop
Phone: 404-474-4573, 912-856-3771 (cell, please be responsible), 912-961-9222
Tools: Everything
Time to call: Anytime

93bottlefedGT-S
07-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Name: Nick or Honeycutt
Shop: Home, AVG. Automotive, or whereever your stuck at
Phone:828-381-0177
Tools: Sockets, wreches, portable air compressor, batt. charger, jack and stands, etc.
Time to call: anytime

KoreanJoey
07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Name: Joey
Shop: Your area, my area, or parts to Titus Will Toyota
Phone:253-318-8480
Tools: A lot and have access to EVERYTHING
Time to Call: Anytime(Txt is better)

Denver_whiteST185
07-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Name: Ted
Shop: My garage in fort collins, my parents place in denver for quick fixes.
Phone: 720-284-9669
Tools: if i don't have it, i would be VERY suprised
Time to Call: Anytime, but if you leave me a voicemail, call back a few times till you get me cause i get sidetracked easily (my avatar says it all)

extremeskillz
07-22-2008, 01:40 PM
I dont post a lot anywhere anymore....but some people have helped me out too much not to lend a hand.

Location: RI...its too damn small to give anyone a reason to not travel to either end
name: Chris
phone: (401) 374-0964
When: Call anytime....I do work M-F 8-5 though...so if you call me during those hours you might have to wait a bit.....
tools: Mostly hand tools, but I do have a truck and a driveway.....where theres a will theres a way...we can always get the car to my house for ease of repair. Currently have shop manuals for the 90 celica on hand. Also Alltracman78 is usually only a phone call away....who needs a shop with backing like that?
shop: No Shop access, but there are a handful of shops in my immediate area (North Providence)

In my area I do have a handful of auto part stores including napa and autozone. My current money pit is a 90 Celica Alltrac, so if something turbo 3s related is your issue I'll be more than helpful in coming to a resolution.

Name: Carlos
Phone: 401-787-6931 (use wisely)
When: call anytime but i do work 8-5 M-F and have School M-W all night. So I might be you second choice from Chris as far as availability.
Tool: Got ratchets, air tools, hand tools, etc.
As Chris said there a shit load of parts stores in a small area so really not an issue to go out and get some parts needed for repair.

Conrad_Turbo
07-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Not that anyone will be passing through S'toon...

Location: Saskatoon, SK (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=saskatoon,+sk&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&ll=52.151187,-106.659393&spn=0.188748,0.486145&z=11&iwloc=addr)
Name: Conrad
Shop/Work Area: Everything minus machining equipment
Phone: 306.652.4362 (home/shop), however I have a day job as well
Tools: Everything
Time to call: Anytime

celicaGT90_05
07-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Name: Patrick
Shop/Work Area: Just at the house, possibly breakdown location
Phone: 740-649-2837
Tools: Generic stuff, but it gets the job done in most any case
Time to call: Any time, I dont care

vip09
07-26-2008, 07:13 PM
If you are stuck in south alabama/gulf coast area, the Alabama crew has got you covered! :bigthumbu

Name: Ryan
Shop/Work Area: My back yard / side of road / parking lot
Phone: 251-510-0565
Tools: Air tools, hand tools, torch, saws, press.. just about anything
Time to call: Anytime, I have unlimited TEXT messaging, so if you call and don't get an answer, just leave a voicemail or TEXT me.

MCcelica
07-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Name: Just call me Berg. Or Adam. Either way.
Shop/work area: Wherever it needs done. Will have a garage soon enough.
Phone: Currently 719-568-4027. I will edit when I change. Also leave a message as I also do not answer unidentified calls.
Tools: Basic hand tools, jumper cables, and my roommate has tons. Don't even know what all he has. We can get a hold of whatever is necessary.
Time to call: Don't care. Phone is on all the time. Also have unlimited long distance and texts and such.

Baffles
08-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Hmm, nobody seems to be in my area...

Name: Bobby
Shop/work area: Have garage that is usually in use, can work wherever.
Phone: 518-307-6106
Tools: Basic hand tools, jacks, limited selection of air tools. Not too experienced but happy to help, have manuals for 5th gen Celica and some experience. Also more than happy to do roadside help if needed... quick repairs, jump start, spare tire, whatever.
Time to call: Anytime, though I probably won't answer. Will check voicemail when I can, but sending a text message is preferable and quicker.

brigidrose
09-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Name: Brigid
Shop/Work area: my garage
Phone: 862-354-4084
Tools: Basic hand tools, and a few air tools, battery charger, jack and jack stands, ramps, spare parts. I know a lot about a few things, but i work for a dealership so parts and towing are easy for me to get cheap.
Time to call: Any time. If i dont answer leave me a message. this is my cell.

The Captain
09-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Where: Atlanta, GA
Name: John
Place: My garage-mahal.
Phone: four,zero,four-964-five,eight,five,five
Tools: Anything needed to fully dismantle, reassemble a Celica.
I'm out of town for my job a lot. If I'm here and I can help, I'll be there.

brak
09-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Where: Minneapolis, MN
Name: Clyde
Place: My garage.
Phone: 763-772-6484
Tools: you name it, i've probably got it...
i'm available pretty much anytime.

glenn
11-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Phone: (928)-377-2127 or (928) 681-4588
Work area: i've got a canopy thing built outa two by fours and a water proof tarp thing
Tools: consists of two rolling tool boxes with every tool you will need to rebuild a car plus an air compressor and metric deep dish sockets
Availability: any time after 4 and anytime at all on Wednesdays and Thursdays

celicasilfee
11-02-2008, 04:03 PM
You're not the only one Baffles. :wiggle:

Name: Karl
Phone: (607)621-7868 or (607)348-4786 (My wife's phone- She'd be up for helping too. Lord knows she's helped me out enough with mine in the past 6 yrs. lol)
Work Area: home/side of the road. If you're in Binghamton-area, theres a couple shops I have access to as well
Tools: basic wrenches, sockets, etc. But if you're near a shop, then anything.
Availability: anytime you feel like breaking down.

Like many others, I don't answer numbers I don't know so leave a msg & then text the crap out of my phone. I'll get those quicker & easier.

Lonestag
11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Phone: (304) 771-2162
Work area: I've got a parking lot that can be used.
Tools: Limited, mostly small sockets and such.
Availability: any time, I'm busy but if you can reach me, I'll see what I can do

andy
11-25-2008, 01:37 AM
alabama!
everything to do everything to a toyota
251-377-7542

vip09
11-25-2008, 01:52 AM
alabama!
everything to do everything to a toyota
251-377-7542

FIXED

Mr.Shaun91
01-08-2009, 02:10 AM
Name: Shaun
Shop/Work Area: Home, or where ever you're stuck.
Phone: 480-888-1985 HM, 480-299-7517 CELL
Tools: Sockets, wrenches, air compressor,air tools, battery charger, almost any electrical tool, jack/jack stands and any other tool you can think of, testing equipment including an OBD reader amoung others, yes even specialty tools. I have access to a shop at my fathers home. Including a two post lift if required. I'll do whatever I can to help.
Time to call: Anytime, . If it's an emergency, burn the line up.
If I don't answer, just leave a message. Ill return any call.
Side Note : I have a truck and a car trailer, so no need to pay for a tow truck if it comes to that. Trust me, you need the engine replaced, we have space and all tools needed, plus some. :)

:USA: :burn: :inout:

donteatbugs
01-08-2009, 06:03 AM
lower middle alabama

i got tools and toyota knowledge

251-714-5669

CptActnMan
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Location: Temecula, CA ... San Diego, Riverside, San Bernadino and Orange counties (Southern California)
Name: Justin
Shop/Work Area: Home, or where ever you're stuck, Private shop in Perris, CA ($100.00 a visit (not mine, but can get access to)), Toyota Dealership and techs
Phone: 951-966-0567
Tools: Sockets, wrenches, air compressor, air tools, battery charger, jack/jack stands and other pretty basic, misc. tools. Perris shop - lift, tire mount and balance, brake lathe, parts galore, dealer mechanic on site (his home). Toyota Dealer (brother works as a tech) <- standard dealer prices apply, but you be treated like family.
Time to call: Anytime, the phone number is my cell. If it's an emergency, burn the line up.
If I don't answer, just leave a voice mail. Make sure you identify yourself from Celicatech, but if you forget I'll probably still call back, no worries.
If you call several times and I do not answer, leave a voice mail or text message me, as I may be working.

available for non emergency help / support, i have the brother on retainer for side jobs

Ryan
01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Name: Ryan
Shop/ work area: I have a driveway and a garage..
Phone: 1-574-209-1989
Tools: Pretty much any hand tool, and can get most air tools, jack, jack stands....
Time to call: any time, I leave my cell on all the time.

theorhetoric
01-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Name: Chris
Shop/ work area: I have a driveway and access to a carport
Phone: 706-614-8127
Tools: Small tool box set up for toyota's. even have an axle nut socket, jack, jack stands....
Time to call: before midnight..if I don't answer I'm proally at work..please no whoring of number

cazlee
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Location: Tri-County Florida area. I can get anywhere in about 30 minutes in Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach.
Name: Carrie
Shop/Work Area: Side of the road if necessary.. You can bring it to my boyfriend's apartment, they're cool with letting you do work here as long as you clean up after yourself.
Tel: 561/674-2787
Tools: Cables, sockets, wrenches, jack, jack stands, torque wrenches, and can get access to many other tools through my pops.
Time to call: If you're broke down on the side of the road, blow it up or even better send me a text message. If I don't answer, leave me a message so I know it's urgent.

bloodMoney
01-26-2009, 02:11 AM
NAME: Chris
SHOP/WORK AREA: Anywhere. I've got a small pole barn and I have access to a large DSM dominated pole barn as well.
TEL: 773.230.4449
TOOLS: Lots of hand tools and air tools at both barns, Jacks, stands and almost anything else you could think of.
TIME TO CALL: My phone is never off. Leave a message because I'm usually at school or work.

Naemion
01-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Name: Michael
Shop/Work Area: Parking lot, so to be garage
Tel:574-485-3823, Works sometimes
Tools: Lots of hand tools
Time to Call: Anytime

ansteadallday
01-27-2009, 05:28 AM
KEEP IT ON TOPIC!

Name: Zach
Shop/Work Area: wherever possible/side of the road.
Tel: 610737103six, Works sometimes
Tools: a fair amount of tools
Time to Call: Anytime, if i dont answer, means im at work or extremely busy.

cbarett251
01-30-2009, 09:48 PM
lower middle alabama

i got tools and toyota knowledge

251-714-5669
He is good.
South AL
Car Port maybe a garage soon, don't hold your breath.
Related to donteatbugs
Tools: Hand mostly, even have those pesky security bits. If I don't have it my father in law does: air tools.
Manuals: 5th gen
phone: 251-510-2395

93formula
02-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Name: roy
shop/work area: full shop with hoists
number: 778 565 3195 (shop mon-fri 10-6) 778 867 5494 (cell, call or text, anytime if emergency) 604 807 4360 (local flat deck tow guy 24 hrs)

opivy6989
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
name: joe
hopefully a friends garage, if not... roadside
celly 6103340968
tools: basic ratchet/ socket/ screwdriver set, spare, random fluids, random hand tools, ill macgyver what i don't have.
* im often in lehigh area at the airport during classes monday thru thurs

Hipster Lawrence
04-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Name: Jesse
Phone: Six seven eight-294-Five three seven seven
Work Area: Driveway & a shop if i can ever find a damn job
Tools: All basic hand tools. Snap-on batt impacts air tools and some pullers and test equipment
Availability: Anytime if its an emergency. (like your wife or kids in the car). I will also pick you up and drive you to a hotel or something if I can't actually help with the car for some reason.

DaneDog311
06-15-2009, 04:43 AM
Name: Dane
Shop/Work Area: Home, Shop, Or garage
Phone: 610 377 1598 call and leave message I'll get the cell forward
Tools: A few... Enought to do a Motor Swap so I can help if Needed
Time to call: Preferably Day, but hey worse comes to worse whenever...leave a message and I'll help if I can let me know your a c-tech member, I also get e-mails on my WM6.1 phone send to OAKRAI at PTD dot NET

CollapsedNut
07-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Name: Matt
Shop/Work Area: Home or side of the road
Phone: 828-734-4905
Tools: Anything you need, no really, full machine and welding shop
Time to Call: Whenever I'm needed
Just let me know your from C-Tech and I'll do what I can. I also have limited access to a rollback so if we have to tow I could save you a little money.

Luni
07-03-2009, 03:21 AM
Name: Robert
Phone: Eight Zero One - Three Four Seven - Six Six Nine Six
Tools: I have anything youd need to drop an engine out of a celica and most things youd need to completely dismantle one. I have a huge 4+ car garage and I know alot about them old toyoters!
Call me whenever you need - I work 4 x 10 hour shifts, but if its important, leave me a voicemail, call someone else, and Ill call you back I promise.

Physlis
09-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Location: Hill AFB/ Ogden Utah (about 30 min. north of Salt Lake)
Name: Tim
Shop/Work Area: Wherever, usually at home but I can make breakdown calls
Phone: 742-699-0031
Tools: All sorts of wrenches, ratchets, sockets and other basic stuff. I have a breakdown kit in the trunk, everything else is at the house.
Time to Call: Whenever. My work schedule changes a lot, but I'm able to leave if I need to.

187flatliner
02-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Name: nate
Shop/Work Area: side of the road......lol sry garage full.
Phone: 503-754-7794 cell
Tools: full toolbox always in the hatch
Time to Call: anytime......except when working...(cant talk on phone)...but txt all you want...make sure to say c-tech so i noe.

i do have access to a tow rope and my f350 sure does like to tow shyt.

robertmichaels
05-13-2010, 07:29 PM
NAME: Robert
SHOP/WORK AREA: Garage/shop(@home)
PHONE:(920)-eight three eight-4093
TOOLS: just about anything you would need
TIME TO CALL: i work 1pm-9pm but anytime..i dont answer unknown numbers so lemme know your from ctech and i will call you back

Siyx
05-13-2010, 08:18 PM
NAME: Adrian
SHOP/WORK AREA: Driveway or where you are.
PHONE: 519-574-7884 (Blackberry married to my hip 24/7)
TOOLS: Hand tools, Jacks, Jack Stands and a few others
TIME TO CALL: I work 10-6PM EST so anytime really ...

** I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A MECHANIC OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CARS, I JUST HAVE THE TOOLS. IF YOU BREAK DOWN I CAN RESCUE YOU AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX YOUR OWN STUFF. IF NEED BE I CAN PUT YOU UP FOR A FEW DAYS AS WELL **

Farlow1
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Name: Adam
Shop/Work Area: Roadside/small shop like area
Phone: 904-seven nine six-7775
Tools:i ALWAYS have my sockets and a couple small spare parts/bolts/nuts
i also have access to most any hand tool and jacks/stands
Time to Call:any time, but if i dont answer (and i usually dont for unknowns) just leave a message, i'm probly in class.

grimmythereaper
06-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Location: South east east Texas, Houston, Dallas, Galveston area
Name: Donald
Shop/Work Area: None right now but can park car in the visitor section of my apt complex if needed to for a few days.
Phone:832-888-4882, cell number
Tools: y sockets never leave the truck of my celica
Time to Call: any time is ok, if I dont answer keep calling till i wake up

Location: South east east Texas, Houston, Dallas, Galveston area
Name: Donald
Shop/Work Area: None right now but can park car in the visitor section of my apt complex if needed to for a few days.
Phone:832-888-4882, cell number
Tools: y sockets never leave the truck of my celica
Time to Call: any time is ok, if I dont answer keep calling till i wake up

Eric Barrera
07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Name: Eric
Shop/work: Back yard barn
phone: 661 944 2956
Tools: Sockets, 3 air tools, and alot of torque wrenches.
time to call: Anytime, if I don't answer I am at school.

Facime
08-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Name: Pete
Shop/Work Area: two bay shop in the Oregon Coast Range/will travel for a breakdown
Tools: Good basic shop setup, air tools, engine hoist.
Time to Call: Anytime C: 541-272-1970 H: 541-453-4128

ravensguildassasin
08-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Name: Andrew
Shop/Work Area: Home, or where you need help.
Phone: 573-275-1334
Tools: A tote bag full of tools that has never left me stranded yet.
Time to call: Anytime, Text is better to reach me.

manda
08-22-2010, 04:53 AM
NAME: Amanda
SHOP/WORK AREA: where ever we can find
TOOLS: small set that I keep in the car
*disclaimer- I may not have what you need or be able to do it all myself.. but I can probably get you to a place that can
PHONE: 404. 509. 8313
TIME TO CALL: preferably before midnight, text anytime and I'll see what I can do (or who I can find if needed)

h82paint
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Not much in my area, I'm a noob but willing to help. The kid is 17 so he may have the time to come help, if I don't.

NAME: Chris
SHOP/WORK AREA: I have a jammed garage, but you might get a nose in if its raining...access to a parking lot.... or roadside if needed
TOOLS: Pretty full set of hand tools, air compressor, tow strap
*there's a lot of places around me for parts / and tools
PHONE: six oh three two for seven seven nine six for (text is your best bet)
TIME TO CALL: before midnight.. text is best as I work full time as well

88redbomb
02-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Location: Rose Creek/Austin Minnesota area on the weekends. Waterloo/Cedarfalls Iowa Weekdays
Name: Frank Sprung
Shop/Work Area: Home in Mn. Apt in Ia
Phone: 507 438 2554
Tools: Complete shop to use in Mn with Car lifts all the tools you could think of. Basic hand tools in Ia
Time to call: Anytime on the weekends After 5pm on weekdays as i have work to attend too
Glad to help

underscore
05-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Name: Jordan
Shop/Work Area: Home or roadside if it's a quick fix, and I have a good friend with a shop and a yard for the more complex stuff
Phone: 250-859 six ate too five is my cell
Tools: Jacks, jack stands, sockets, small impact, breaker bars, jumper cables, spare tires and lots of duct tape.
Time to call: Pretty much anytime, I work M-Th 8-6 and F 8-12.but can almost always answer my cell. If I don't answer shoot me a text.
If I'm unable to help immediately I have a friend who owns an automotive shop who works even more than I do so I can help you set something up with him to get you rolling asap. He's got the lowest shop rate in town and is a very stand up guy.
I also know a few people who can help get you a cheap tow if needed, and parts delivered from the local Pick and Pull to almost anywhere in town.