PDA

View Full Version : So I'm sitting in my Celica at the McDonalds drive-thru..

maxwedge
07-19-2008, 05:33 PM
...patiently awaiting my turn to order a delicious and wholesome Satuday morning breakfast made up almost entirely of un-useable animal parts and toxic chemicals. My somtimes trusty, and often way too happy, idiot lab was riding shotgun. It was pouring rain outside. The kind of pouring rain where you can barely see the car in front of you with the wipers on high. I was really, really, not looking forward to opening the window to place my order. The old and rusty sunroof was dripping a little bit onto the floor. On the drive to Mc D's I made another self mental note to someday maybe consider thinking about possibly fixing it, since the dog seems annoyed when it drips on her head and it's not helping the floorboards become any less rusty. Seemed pretty low priority really. I reasoned that it would probably stop raining sometime in the next week or so, and the leaking sunroof would likely seem unimportant then. I moved on to thinking about the much more important subject of breakfast.

As I was sitting there debating the choice of meal deal #3 or #7, the sunroof suddenly opened about 7 inches...and that is when I first noticed noticed how extremely damn cold the the rain was, and how quickly it was coming down into my lap.

I first assumed that idiot girl had somehow shoved her big furry head into the sunroof control. One quick glance at her blinking, wet, puzzled and angry? face glaring over at me from the passenger seat told me that she had neither opened the sunroof, nor did she find the opening of the sunroof to be very amusing. I guess the water leaking had shorted something up there. I instanly reached up to the sunroof control and toggled it forward. Nothing happened. I prayed. "Dear lord, holy chit, this water really fugging is cold, please make it close god dammitt!" Nothing happened. Perhaps that is not how god likes prayers to be worded, more likely he was to busy laughing his as off to respond. Panic began to grip me. I jiggled the switch forward about 37 more times, with the similar result of absolutely nothing happening. The dog, either sensing my panic, or simply believing that I was an idiot for opening the sunroof during a rainstorm, began to bark at me. Normally a large dog barking in a small car is pretty loud, but I hardly noticed over the cold rain bouncing off my skull and the leather seats.
Just to make sure the switch thingy was dead i toggled it briefly into the open position, and it joyously responded by rolling the sunroof back yet another inch or so and letting in still more rain. Chit! That's when I tried the always usefull electronic repair technique of pounding on the roof while holding the switch in the close position. It worked! The sunroof rolled itself back closed. Yee-haw! Oddly the rain almost instantly slowed to a light drizzle. The dog stopped barking, excited that her barking efforts had finally convinced me to close the sunroof, she shook herself off all over me and the already completely soaked interior, and resumed happily panting and staring at me like an idiot.

The windows were now completely fogged up inside the car, so I cranked up the defrost and heat to full blast and rolled down the drivers side window...which is when I noticed that just about all 50 customers inside Mc Donalds, clearly having been alerted by the barking dog, and probably also my loud, machine gun like swearing, were looking at us with a mixture of rather amused and stunned expesions on their faces. One particular fat-ass, ugly, red plaid shirt wearing, redneck, sitting directly to my left with his two small bratty looking, future prison inmate, mullet equipped children, seemed to be saying something at me through the window and laughing his ass off. I briefly considered doing the world a favor by backing up a little then launching an old wet Celica All-trac through the window directly on top of them. But instead I just decided to go ahead and smile politely, flip him (and incidently also his children) off, and pull out of the drive-thru lane and head back home for a nice bowl of cereal.

Look for my upcomoming sunroof repair thread soon. :bigthumbu

david in germany
07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
VERY Nice!!! Patiently waiting for the writeup!

Also looking forward to more adventures of you and your Labby!
David

MCcelica
07-19-2008, 06:18 PM
No offense but I kinda had to laugh a little too. Have fun with the sunroof repair.

maxwedge
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
No offense but I kinda had to laugh a little too. Have fun with the sunroof repair.
Really, in retrospect, I thought the whole thing was pretty hillarious. I figured some other people would get a kick out of it too. Which is why I typed all that crap...well that, and it's still raining outside, so I have nothing better to do.

extremeskillz
07-19-2008, 07:34 PM
lmao

Lonestag
07-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Good story, needed more ninjas,
nobodys perfect.

Good luck with the "sun" roof.

celicaGT90_05
07-19-2008, 10:09 PM
those situations suck until you look back at them, then you realize its funny. Also, about 5 more ninjas would have made the story, I do agree. Sunroof repair ninjas! Thats what it was

T-spoon
07-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Reminds me of the time I pulled some ugly sideskirts off an MR2, put them in the passenger side of the car poking out of the removed T-tops and then found they made EXCELLENT rain gutters as I drove home through the rain.

Good luck on the repairs!

Ghosty
07-20-2008, 12:34 AM
This made me laugh :)

good luck on the repairs!

Luis C
07-20-2008, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the laughs... good luck with the shower roof

dups90gt
07-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Haha! Nice start to my day! ... but yeah needs ninjas.. at least 2 or 1 Chuck Norris

METDeath
07-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Ninja sminja, where's the pirates??

extremeskillz
07-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Pirates and rednecks lmao. Seriously tho you should write a book. To make a story like this out of a small situation brightened my day.

Rick89GTS
07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Hahaha, great story! :lol: Descriptive and well written too. You must have gotten strong marks in English class. So is the sun roof now working, or was that just a fluke b/c of the rain?

PS - Have you joined us at www.alltrac.net?

celicaGT90_05
07-20-2008, 07:27 PM
midget ninja's would have been a worth while idea as well, and dont forget the random explosions

Futant3
07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
...and hot twins in skimpy clothes.

Reminds me off when my vert top would just let the rain right through. Good luck with the fix.

celica9303
07-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Very good story , can't wait for the next adventure story witth you and the dog, good luck with the repair

CollapsedNut
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Never read this while at work. My boss thought I was having a seizure on the floor. That about the funniest thing I've ever heard. Sorry about the water though

MCcelica
07-22-2008, 12:18 AM
This thread is making all the navy people look at me like I'm the friggin weirdo. lol! Midget ninjas ftw!

Cavanagh
07-22-2008, 09:06 AM
:laugh: That was a GREAT read. Thats what you get for going to Micky D's. :D

ciento44
07-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Internets for this man!!

celicaGT90_05
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
:laugh: That was a GREAT read. Thats what you get for going to Micky D's. :D

I dont care what you say, their breakfast menu is the bomb

CollapsedNut
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
You gotta warn people before posting something so funny.
+1 vote for new thread icon to warn of extremely funny content

MCcelica
07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
I just read it again just for the sheer calamity it created in my brain. Hahaha

Ryan
07-22-2008, 11:57 PM
thats why you go to bk, that way things like this dont happen...lol. but seriously man, i hope you get it figured out.

maxwedge
07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Glad you guys all liked the little story. After sitting in my garage for three days with all the doors and the hatch open and two big fans blowing on it, I think the seats are almost dry enough to sit in. I'll look into it further this weekend.

BTW...Did I read someplace here that there is a fiberglass replacement available for the ST165 sunroof panel? I think water leaking due to rust is the main problem here. If nothing else I'll just get out the welder and start cutting and patching I guess.

Mr Celica
07-24-2008, 04:49 AM
hahaha awesome story man. good luck with the repairs and the foggy windows