PDA

View Full Version : Need my car back on the road!!!

k.beaty
07-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Alright guys, so ysterday i was driving around doing some errands, and when i came out of a store and turned my car on it started making this really weird noise like something was grinding. I looked it all over and couldnt figure it out and i wasnt far from home so i just drove it home and as soon as i put it into reverse to pull into my driveway, anti-freeze started pouring out. I'm pretty sure it's the waterpump. so I'm going to begin taking things apart tonight to replace the waterpump. Has anyone done this before, or have any ideas of anything else that could be wrong? Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

Ryan
07-18-2008, 11:46 PM
well it is timing belt driven, so when you do it you may as well replace the timing belt too...you will need a jack and jack stands as well as plenty of patience...

k.beaty
07-19-2008, 10:55 AM
hey thanks for the tips, i took it all apart last night and now i'm just waiting for a new water pump to come in from Toyota. I'm not going to bother replacing the timing belt since it looks like its in verry good condition and only has 20 000 km. on it.