PDA

View Full Version : manifold/head spacer & tb/manifold spacer

Simonhla
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Where can I get a spacer for the intake manifold to head, and the tb to intake manifold? Any help would be appreciated.

I have also been looking for a link to the coolant bypass mod but have been unable to find one.....i know it used to be here once upon a time.

Carolina91GT-S
07-18-2008, 03:23 PM
out of curiosity, why do you want to do that?

Simonhla
07-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Because the head gets very hot. The Throttle body is also heated to prevent sticking in cold whether and as a result the manifold gets pretty hot itself. This tends to significantly warm the intake air. Spacers isolate the manifold keeping it cool and therefore keeping the air cooler and ultimately giving one a little more power. It should be simple enough. You just replace the gaskets with something that provides insulation.

Shadowlife25
07-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I know that they make phenolic spacers for the intake, but they are usually for the 3s engines.
There was a "power deck spacer" available in 20mm and 30mm sizes, but I am still a bit unclear as to the exact location in which it was supposed to be installed, it seems it was meant to go under the valve cover. It was dyno-proven to provide 12ps. This was only offered for the 3sge and the ST205. The ST205 version was good for 10ps. This part was Japanese Domestic Market only, to my knowledge, and was offered by a company called ZERO-1000.

The phone # is international (of course) but if you care to explore this further, here you go: 0598-56-5880

Simonhla
07-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks Mate.....I am still looking into all of this. Hopefully someone here has done this already to a 5sfe.

Trance4c
07-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Urhmm.. easy...

http://www.atsracing.net/phenolicspacer.htm

its to keep the heat seperate, I don't buy it though.. it goes where TVIS would be. up to you, good luck.