PDA

View Full Version : 50/50 split

polish dude
07-17-2008, 04:46 AM
my 92 alltrac is almost done. still with no tune on the stock ecu. but i'm assuming i'm running about 200 to 250 hp to the wheels. i have brand new potenza tires on my 17's and i lost a lot of weight. seats, ac, heat, abs, atc,

my question is: is it possible for me to do burn outs. i raced few cars allready and when i take of the line i always get ahead but i'm also buring rubber like crazy. i knwo the alltrac has 50/50 split. could anything be wrong with it. could it some how put more power to the front.

85gtsblackman
07-17-2008, 04:48 AM
is the alltrac awd a lsd type or open diff?

KoreanJoey
07-17-2008, 05:02 AM
Alltracs use a Torsen LSD in the center diff.

85gtsblackman
07-17-2008, 05:09 AM
well he could get some slight wheelspin, but shouldnt get much

polish dude
07-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Alltracs use a Torsen LSD in the center diff.

do all alltracs have lsd or could mine not have it. and can the lsd go bad at all. it's a low milage jdm tranny.

i can feel all four wheels pusshing but it just seems unreal that i'd spin so much. i'll try to take a wideo of a take off and than i'll post it.

KoreanJoey
07-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Well you can still get wheelspin from side to side, the LSD I mentioned is for front to back.

It'd probably help to get one in the rear if you don't have one.

balagast
07-17-2008, 02:21 PM
The all trac is a Viscous Coupling in the center diff ... the rear diff is most likely an open diff, but the CS, Group A, RC's all had a Torsen LSD in the back. Also I believe some 93's came with a LSD In the back as well.

As for the wheel spin ... while I've never launched my Trac hard (never had wheel spin from a stand still), I supposed it could have something to do with the Viscous Coupling center diff.

The center diff works on differences in speeds, so once the front is going faster than the back, the Viscous material in the diff changes its material properties transferring more of the power to the rear. This results in a slight amount in lag time for the center diff to react. My thought being that while it is reacting slowly, the front wheels are spinning a bit waiting for the center diff to send the power to the back, hence the wheel spin.