PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get an Air Intake

k.beaty
07-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Hey guys I have a 1990 GT-S and my air intake tube is cracked. I noticed that this is a common problem on the 5sfe. I was looking to get either a Short Ram Intake or a Weapon R intake. I was just wondering what other people have and how they like it. Any suggestions on what to get would be greatly appriciated :)

Slider
07-16-2008, 03:01 AM
short ram is a nice cheap replacement, don't expect any crazy gains though. Once the engine heats up the performance is pretty much the same as stock maybe a little worse.

k.beaty
07-16-2008, 03:22 AM
i'm not looking to gain tons of performance, just need to replace the air intake tube and i figured a short ram intake would be kind of cool. any brands that you would reccomend?

Slider
07-16-2008, 03:41 AM
i'm not looking to gain tons of performance, just need to replace the air intake tube and i figured a short ram intake would be kind of cool. any brands that you would reccomend?

I would just buy one off ebay type in Celica Intake and look for your year. They go for like $35 shipped. When you get it toss that crappy filter that comes with it and put a k&n filter on instead. Some people also buy the Civic intakes on ebay and cut them shorter to fit. The sound is pretty nice when you get on it with the short ram :burn:

Ads28
07-16-2008, 03:44 AM
build ur own;) best way to goo haha like meeee

wizzards581
07-16-2008, 03:44 AM
jus cut up the side body panel and do a cold air intake using universal tubes. im sure if the 6th gen work, it should be similar to the 5th gen.