PDA

View Full Version : leather care

Ryan
07-15-2008, 12:39 AM
i have recently tried a new leather contitioner/cleaner that works amazing, its made by zymol and i could see and feel a difference in my leather, viking also tried it on his new seats and it worked amazing!! in the past i had tried that armor all stuff and it didnt work nearly as good...has anybody else tried it or used something that worked really well??

Galcobar
07-15-2008, 12:56 AM
If you're going to laud a product, maybe give us the name of it -- Zymol's a fairly large brand, it's rather like saying you found a great lubricant from Gunk.

Ryan
07-15-2008, 02:14 AM
it just says zymol leather cleaner and leather conditioner....the cleaner is in a spray bottle and is orange in color and the conditioner is in a regular bottle and is like off white almost creme color

tuner4life
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Ill have to try that sometime.

VikingJZ
07-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah its freaking sweet.

The cleaner is a beer color in a spray container and the cream conditioner is your every day white color in a clear container. You can buy them at AutoZone and the like.

Ryan
07-15-2008, 11:43 PM
i got it at meijer.

91GTvert
07-19-2008, 02:19 AM
this will sound crazy but it works, very very well.

go to a shoe store and buy a tin of Kiwi brand "Shoe Grease"

it will make leather baseball-mitt soft, clean, and it waterproofs without being greasy. if the leather is dry and cracking, this would be the best hope. apply it liberally with a toothbrush, let it sit overnight, and wipe it off. repeat as necessary (like shampoo!). if your hesitant to try it, put it on an old pair of shoes, furniture or even a steering wheel cover and see if you like it, the tins only cost a few bucks and one tin should do at least an entire interior. give it a shot and see what you all think. let me know your opinions on it.

Ryan
07-20-2008, 09:25 PM
ill have to try that out sumtime.....

VikingJZ
07-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I've heard of the Shoe Grease. Have yet to try.

Needsfoot Oil is amazing on leather seats. It kept my AT seats in my 90 coupe looking as best as they could for being pulled out of a junk yard.

It made my Supra MKIV turbo seats in my Lexus look fantastic.

VikingJZ
07-26-2008, 12:28 AM
^Oh yeah...and that Needsfoot oil lasts forever (bottle wise).

I bought my bottle like three years ago and still have like half left.

Audi90Quattro
08-03-2008, 05:31 PM
The best and also priciest cleaner/conditioner I've found is made by Leatherique. Its about $60 for the kit, but it does wonders on all types of leather.

Autogeek Leatherique (http://www.autogeek.net/leleca.html?gclid=CMXiw6qL8pQCFRpknAodZ1ZVrg)

For those on a smaller budget I've found that Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner/Cleaner works great as well.