PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Honda Civic

ST185
07-14-2008, 08:16 AM
So I was on way back to my appartment in sacramento earlier tonight and ended up with an encounter with a POS civic.

First off I was just chilling driving down the freeway going like 70MPH since I really wasn't in a rush to get home. So I'm about half way home then my brother in the passenger seat points out some civic that has just come on to the freeway. This freaking guy pulls up besides my on the slow lane and now we are just side by side but I really didn't think nothing of it at first. Then he continues to just stay beside and then he just starts reving his motor for no reason and all you can hear is some gay ass rice cannon. Then he just slow down until I catch him up and just does it again. I was like dude are you serious.

After that i basically floor it and lose him for a while but then he comes back and I guess he was pissed cuz all you could hear is his freaking rice cannon which is hella annoying and loud in the background as he is just tailgating me.

Now I know my car is slow of course since I have a 4AFE but this guy was going balls out pedal to the metal and he was just barely passing me. To me that is just embarassing.

Anybody ever have an encounter such as this?

CriScO
07-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Dude, all the time. There's an abundance of kids with Civics who slap on a muffler and intake and think they're hot shit.

Ignore them. As much as they deserve the slap in the face it isn't worth risking your own safety giving in. They think they have something to prove, you obviously don't, so it isn't anywhere near worth getting upset over, either.

Heh, reminds me of the WRX that did the same thing to me one night. I was laughing my ass off. I mean seriously, how small does your dick have to be to challenge a 4th gen GT with a WRX? I may as well start challenging guys on bicycles! :hehe:

VikingJZ
07-14-2008, 10:11 AM
What I like are guys in V6 Mustangs or Camaros that think they have the V8 counterpart.

CriScO
07-14-2008, 11:59 AM
What I like are guys in V6 Mustangs or Camaros that think they have the V8 counterpart.
Let me begin by saying I don't really have room to talk with how much crap I do to my 3S-FE, however...

That's funny you say that, I have a story for each. First, there's a guy that comes into my store occasionally. His stock late 90's V6 Mustang has a HUGE cowl induction hood and a giant aluminum spoiler.

Second, here's a phone call I got at work:
Guy: Can you get performance chips or programmers?
Me: Yep, what do you need it for?
Guy: 1996 Camaro V6
Me: I know I can get them for the V8, not sure about the 6. Let me check.
Guy: (Frustrated)Are you serious?
Me: Let me check... Sorry man, no listing for that V6.
Guy: (Now angry)What? You can't get one for a Camaro?
Me: My computer doesn't list anything for the V6. I can double check my catalogues if you don't mind holding on a minute.
Guy: Okay.
Me: (after looking through three books) Nope, none of my suppliers make one. They all have them for the V8's, but nothing for the 6.
Guy: It's a Camaro. Come on.
Me: Bud, availability is based on demand. There just isn't enough for a Camaro with that motor.
Guy: It's just a Chevy.
Me: Sir, it isn't available through any of the companies I go through. I'm sorry, but you can't get it through me.
Guy: So you can't get a chip for a Camaro?
Me: (Done.) No.
Guy: *hangs up*

Yeah, I'm sure someone makes one, and it did suck that I couldn't get it, but come on! It always amazes me how a customer thinks if they bitch enough the part will magically appear... Anyway, yeah. Some people just don't get it. I know I don't expect to be turning 13's with a 3S-FE. Even when I completely build it my goal is high 15's. I'd be more than happy with low 16's. Sure, there's things I want to prove to myself, and to others. But I sure as hell realize that my coupe isn't some hardcore racecar.

Well, I treat it like one, but you know... :)

Cavanagh
07-14-2008, 01:24 PM
A black 4 door Civic with a body kit and parkbench was in the left turn lane, saw me and actually went in reverse, got into the right lane so he could turn on red and sat and revved at me. As im across the street embarrassed for him, im start turning, he gets nexts to me, gives me a stare down even Vin Diesel couldnt pull off, and revs, then gets on it! i wasnt racing and continued to drive, he was making so much noise and barley ahead. At the light i look over and he wouldnt roll his windown down, and i gave him an "are you serious?" look and then he took his first right and turned back around to go the other way. :laugh:

Chris
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
When I was driving the 300 some guy in a sea-green economy couple pulled up next to me in the turn lane. Huge wing, fake nos and all. He rev's at me, I look over and he does the look-straight-ahead thing.

aballz
07-14-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't think my GT-S has a chance against those civics :(

Ads28
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
haha yeahhh gatta love the civics....was at the local car meet on sunday and its usually a good turn out 15-20 cars...the usualle people are all nice n respect eachother on the road and drive like hell when the time is "right"..but we had 2 new guys show up both in civics haha mann ive never seen such horror, tailgating like Inches away on the highway, burnouts on city streets, unneeded ricer fly-bys mann haha they always got they're ass beat at the end of the night..Needless to say they know not to show up again

Mr. Babb
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
before the swap, all the civics wanted to play and now they hear the bov and they dont want to play no more?

Murgatroy
07-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Let me begin by saying I don't really have room to talk with how much crap I do to my 3S-FE, however...

That's funny you say that, I have a story for each. First, there's a guy that comes into my store occasionally. His stock late 90's V6 Mustang has a HUGE cowl induction hood and a giant aluminum spoiler.

Second, here's a phone call I got at work:
Guy: Can you get performance chips or programmers?
Me: Yep, what do you need it for?
Guy: 1996 Camaro V6
Me: I know I can get them for the V8, not sure about the 6. Let me check.
Guy: (Frustrated)Are you serious?
Me: Let me check... Sorry man, no listing for that V6.
Guy: (Now angry)What? You can't get one for a Camaro?
Me: My computer doesn't list anything for the V6. I can double check my catalogues if you don't mind holding on a minute.
Guy: Okay.
Me: (after looking through three books) Nope, none of my suppliers make one. They all have them for the V8's, but nothing for the 6.
Guy: It's a Camaro. Come on.
Me: Bud, availability is based on demand. There just isn't enough for a Camaro with that motor.
Guy: It's just a Chevy.
Me: Sir, it isn't available through any of the companies I go through. I'm sorry, but you can't get it through me.
Guy: So you can't get a chip for a Camaro?
Me: (Done.) No.
Guy: *hangs up*

Yeah, I'm sure someone makes one, and it did suck that I couldn't get it, but come on! It always amazes me how a customer thinks if they bitch enough the part will magically appear... Anyway, yeah. Some people just don't get it. I know I don't expect to be turning 13's with a 3S-FE. Even when I completely build it my goal is high 15's. I'd be more than happy with low 16's. Sure, there's things I want to prove to myself, and to others. But I sure as hell realize that my coupe isn't some hardcore racecar.

Well, I treat it like one, but you know... :)
They do make them. You just have to search for the 3.8l motor. Depending on the year it should be a Series II 3800. The same engine in the W-Body. I know guys in the 10s on this engine. Well, once it has been supercharged. :hehe: This is the same engine that is in my wife's Regal, of course it is Factory Supercharged. I have found more performance parts for this engine than you can shake a stick it. It makes the aftermarket for the 3SGTE seem a bigger joke than it really is.

As for the ricer/racer bois. I just ignore them. Always have, always will. I learned a long time ago that they have big balls till they realize a car really is faster than theirs. When I was daily driving my 10s Camaro I would have the idiots rev on me. I would never race them, as I knew that there was no point, but on occasion I would powerbrake it for a massive burnout at a redlight. They wouldn't even pull up even with me at the next light. Most times they would stay a carlength or two back to keep from having to make eyecontact.

zmile06
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Just ignore them, or roll down the window and laugh at them.

Only time i raced in my 4afe was with a cavalier, and thats because I HATE CAVALIERS. Some stupid kid his mommy probable bought him. Reved at me in his "automatic cavalier" I look over like wtf idiot both these cars are slow. He looks forward i'm like OMG I HATE CAVALIERS. So i'm like whatever I'm not going to get passed up by a idiot in a cavalier.

I pass him at 45 and start laughing at him. He won't even look over, floor it again and i do the same. I can't believe a 93 celica 4afe owned a 2000+ anything. Just goes to show you cavaliers are stupid, so are the kids that drive them.

I should of ignored him but i was young and i really do hate cavaliers, with a passion.

Funniest story was when i got owned by a HUGE SUV, i was like he just wasted a gallon of gas to beat my little car:( I wasn't really racing until he peeled out then i was like i wonder if i can win hmm...

I usually just laugh at them, if they tail gate i go really slow. By slow i mean 20 in a 35 etc. Ricer move to tailgate, if they refuse to get off my tail after going slow for a couple minutes i would call the cops. They will probable send someone out to see if they can find this idiot driving. Get license plate etc. If there going to be ricers they can pay like ricers.

90CelicaST
07-15-2008, 01:01 AM
Only time i raced in my 4afe was with a cavalier, and thats because I HATE CAVALIERS. Some stupid kid his mommy probable bought him. Reved at me in his "automatic cavalier" I look over like wtf idiot both these cars are slow. He looks forward i'm like OMG I HATE CAVALIERS. So i'm like whatever I'm not going to get passed up by a idiot in a cavalier.

You too, huh? http://media.putfile.com/CelicaVSCavy
:wiggle:

ST185
07-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Oh man these are some pretty interesting stories. It looks like this is pretty common with honda civics and have you noticed the guys that drive honda's are dicks compared to those that drive toyota's

KoreanJoey
07-15-2008, 08:21 AM
No plenty of stupid people driving both. You're just looking out for the hondas more.

CriScO
07-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh man these are some pretty interesting stories. It looks like this is pretty common with honda civics and have you noticed the guys that drive honda's are dicks compared to those that drive toyota's

Well, as with anything it varies quite a bit. Like I said, I have run into quite a few Honda guys that are like that, but I've run into Toyota guys like that, too. So that doesn't seem a fair generalization. A jerk is a jerk, no matter what they drive. Hell, I may not consider myself a dick in the aspects we've just discussed, but I'm a major asshole in many other areas.

Chris
07-15-2008, 10:05 AM

Yeah, take a look at some of the larger forums like Supramania or SupraForums. Celicatech is lucky because, for the most part, the community weeds out the stupid people/jerks just because it is so small, and thus selective by nature.

Larger Toyota communities are just like larger Chevy/Ford/Nissan/Honda/whatever forums. The more people you have, the more likely you are to run into a jerk.

Secondly, there are quite a few more Civics on the road, so the same theory applies there I imagine.

celica91gts
07-15-2008, 10:38 AM
i was driving last night around 2 am, and i spotted this ricy ass accord. and we both were turning right. he was in front of me and going 35 in a 45. kinda obvious that he was trying to get me to get next to him. i got next to him, and he freaking took off... i didn't even go and he flipped on his hazards... i was like wtf... so i caught back up to him and by the time we got to the light it turned green, and he fucking took off again, so i threw it in second and got a fender in front of him. red lined 3rd gear and was in 4th and by this time we were both going around 85. and so i brake and he keeps on going and throws on the fucking hazards again... i hate some people...

Murgatroy
07-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I can't wait to catch some stupid ricer off guard in the Buick...

It is gonna be funny.

I am gonna go out and buy a 4" intake for it, headers, catback, dual exhaust, chip it and put a smaller pulley on it.

It is gonna be fun.

Don't tell the wife.

:hehe:

manu
07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
It's pretty sad..the cars that can actually be a challenge tend to just relax. It's the people with their ricer POS cars that come tailgating...Just so they can say they raced a gt4...and if they overtook me doing 30 when i was doing 20, they can claim they 'owned' me...

extremeskillz
07-15-2008, 09:54 PM
before the swap, all the civics wanted to play and now they hear the bov and they dont want to play no more?

This normally happens! Its like using wasp spray on a wasps nest lol

Galcobar
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
I can't wait to catch some stupid ricer off guard in the Buick...

It is gonna be funny.

I am gonna go out and buy a 4" intake for it, headers, catback, dual exhaust, chip it and put a smaller pulley on it.

It is gonna be fun.

Don't tell the wife.

:hehe:

I was seriously expecting a (mw) post right underneath that.

Murgatroy
07-15-2008, 11:02 PM
She only reads the Admin/Mod forum and OT.

She is nosy like that.

Rix86
07-16-2008, 03:02 AM
I just give 'em 9200 rpms with the itbs and their ears start bleeding.

Actually I just ignore them.

wizzards581
07-16-2008, 03:49 AM
damn. i thot u had a ST185 and lived in sacramento. i go there alot but not with my ST185. unless someones for a hangout... anyway thats one thing i left the honda family and never looked back. honda's a POS anyway.

sheep
07-16-2008, 05:29 AM
well this doesnt have anything to do with the honda civic but a while back when i had my celica and i had just talked my buddy into getting his mr2(the one in the sig) i was following him to a party i was right behind him on this 3 lane road all the "racecars" like to cruise down every weekend, well there was a yellow lancer(not evo) that for the past 3 lights he would rev his engine at my buddy, on the 4th light i got on the other side of the lancer so that the lancer was in the middle lane and we were on either side of him, needless to say even with his loud ass muffler and probably an intake we both took him with no problem, so at the next light we stopped at we went again and again we had him no problem, well since this road is one were the cops like to watch real close no one really goes too far over the speed limit even when racing, so me and my buddy slowed back down to see the lancer fly past us and we lost sight of him, well a few blocks up we see him getting a ticket in a gas station parking lot and we drive by laughing.

its not just the hondas its the people like that who think they are the fastest things in the world

KoreanJoey
07-16-2008, 05:52 AM
I just give 'em 9200 rpms with the itbs and their ears start bleeding.

Actually I just ignore them.

Always good fun...

bastard.

wizzards581
07-16-2008, 05:11 PM
its not just the hondas its the people like that who think they are the fastest things in the world

most of them are honda drivers anyway... :zombie:

JEDI
07-17-2008, 04:19 AM
no its not just civics, if another kid with a 4 door neon expresso that has a big stupid wing on the back of it tries to race me Im gonna come unglued lol. And furthermore, whats with all the stupid f&f pontiac grand ams and grandprixs popping up everywhere. Those things are just slow junk.

Murgatroy
07-17-2008, 04:36 AM
no its not just civics, if another kid with a 4 door neon expresso that has a big stupid wing on the back of it tries to race me Im gonna come unglued lol. And furthermore, whats with all the stupid f&f pontiac grand ams and grandprixs popping up everywhere. Those things are just slow junk.
Watch out for the GTPs, they aren't slow junk, they will eat anything else in the same class alive.

The Series 3 3800 Supercharged isn't a joke.

JEDI
07-17-2008, 05:18 AM
I rarely see the 3.8 supercharged gtp. Im talking about the ones with the na 3800 that all these kids think are fast. Like the gt. And really the gtp is ok and runs 14ish 1/4 times, but I would expect more out of a supercharged v6.

celica91gts
07-17-2008, 05:28 AM
how bout them sunfires....

sheep
07-17-2008, 05:55 AM

now thats my kinda horse power machine right thurr

ST185
07-17-2008, 07:55 AM
dude I've seen one that was all riced out the other day. Then I saw a KIA with a straight up park bench for a wing.

wizzards581
07-17-2008, 05:13 PM

GXP? do they exist?

91GTvert
07-18-2008, 01:17 AM
It is really funny to destroy an old civic and tell him that your engine is a 1.6L as well (4afe). Its even funnier to destroy a riced out fart can Pontiac sunflower or old Saturn econo-coupe "sports car" with an even older Toyota econo-box. The looks on people's faces are priceless, that is if they actually catch up to where you can see them.

JEDI
07-18-2008, 07:44 PM
or the look when people find out about the 20v my st really has :)

Simonhla
07-18-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm amazed that people have had so much experience with racers. I mean i see the park bench rear wing crowd around quite a bit but have never been challenegd to a race. Quite frankly even if i was i'd be afraid of hitting a pot hole on these crappy LA streets and killing a rim.....not worth it.

I live in a neighborhood full of Armenians. These guys tend to live in small crappy apartments (mostly with their parents) but drive top of the line BMW's or Mercedes. I see m5's round here all the time. Now that's a seriously fast car.

To be honest I take pride in not living with my Mom and actually owning my own car (as opposed to leasing something flashy). I hae the leasing thing. People driving cars that are worth more than their apts........and people wonder where the credit crisis came from?

For some reason the Armenian crowd in my area are really unfriendly and aggressive. They also have a proclivity for being short and that makes them even angier. As a result they drive way too fast, in their expensive powerful cars on streets way too small, windows down and loud rap music blaring. Is there anything sadder than a short white guy listening to gangsta rap w/a boom box in his BMW?

Answers on a postcard please.

Idiot Stick
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
With my 7th gen GT-S, I get everyone and their dog revving at me. it gets fucking lame. Kids in their moms civics, to their own old rotted civics, to old men in muscletrucks (LOL, funny story involving this one).

Muscletruck story. Buddy comes up in an ooooldschool Silverado/10 (S10, kiddies).
Black, stacks for exhaust, sounds mean and he was revving and the truck was getting that 'torque lift' they love to do. Cruising around beside him going 50KM/H, we come to a light. I see this old man sitting there, maybe in his 40's, big white beard. Good times. So light turns green, I slowly put it into first and dont shift because I had a weird feeling the way he was revving his motor. So im going maybe 10 KM/h, then all I hear was the ferocious sound of a huge monster of a V8 eating babies beside me. Alright, I say, Il giver a go. I punch it, no contest in his favour untill I hit lift (VVTL-I, for the 7th gen noobs :o), and I start to catch up to him. What is this, I say? So I pop 2nd, squeals a little bit, I hear his auto shift, Im like cool, highway comin up. So we hit the highway, I had him so far behind me at the end of 2nd I LOL'd.

...then he turns off the highway and pulls into the Chevy Dealership lot. I wonder what he broke. Haha

Murgatroy
07-18-2008, 11:10 PM
The Full Size is a C-10/Silverado.

The S10 is the midsize.

Blackcloud
07-19-2008, 12:56 AM
some blue si kept attempting to do ricer flybys on me. but when we lined up at the light he would not drag me. but every time i saw him coming up behind me, id floor it, smoke him out, and still end up beating him.

speaking of trucks racing cars. one of the local diesel tuner shops has a 1000+hp duramax. well i guess he got clocked doing 153mph the other night going down the main road through town :laugh: i guess hes gonna be spending the next 6 months in jail

85gtsblackman
07-19-2008, 01:49 AM
i confuze everyone

CriScO
07-19-2008, 05:55 AM
some blue si kept attempting to do ricer flybys on me. but when we lined up at the light he would not drag me. but every time i saw him coming up behind me, id floor it, smoke him out, and still end up beating him.

speaking of trucks racing cars. one of the local diesel tuner shops has a 1000+hp duramax. well i guess he got clocked doing 153mph the other night going down the main road through town :laugh: i guess hes gonna be spending the next 6 months in jail
I've run against ten second diesels at the track. I look awesome for about the first two-thirds of the strip, leaving them in the dust, until that turbo spools up. Suddenly there's nothing but a black cloud up the track with a truck at the end, and I don't know what the hell just happened... :hehe:

85gtsblackman
07-19-2008, 12:52 PM
all the civics think my celica is a mk3 supra so no one runs it, and the subaru, no contest so , they pick on my truck.

bubs has had his fair share of kills lately :cool:

MarcusM2007
07-19-2008, 04:30 PM
lol funny sunfire story

I got my 5th Gen GT when I turned 16, I test drove it and it felt fast as hell.... unfortunately I was dead wrong and the Magna Flow Muffler gave it the illusion of being fast.

First day I take it to school, my friend has the Sunfire GT, about 140hp, same as the Celica GT. We line em up, and take off, neck and neck the entire time. It was the slowest race in history.

Since then I've solidly beat the Sunfire GT as well as my friends Grand Am GT. The Grand Am was a proud moment cause its a V6.

Got blown out by a milf in an Accord though

85gtsblackman
07-20-2008, 12:20 AM
my friend got upset cause i kept walking his sunfire, so he got a mk3 turbo supra, he wasnt to happy when the subaru beat that

:burn:

T-spoon
07-20-2008, 12:41 AM
my friend got upset cause i kept walking his sunfire, so he got a mk3 turbo supra, he wasnt to happy when the subaru beat that

:burn:

Your subbie wouldn't have beat mine... um.. when it wasn't broken.. and uh.. damn. Well there's the story of the 7MGTE all summed up in one sentence.

dups90gt
07-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't get that a lot in my Celica, the occasional Civic SI here and there which I ignore but I really get it when Im driving the Caravan! WTF? Every ricer civic, cavalier, sunfire, mazda3 and specially those Hyundai Tiburons! It takes HUGE BALLS to drive up to me in my Dodge Caravan family vehicle (wife and kids inside) and stare me down and rev at me like I'm driving a fast car! I let them rip ahead coz what example would I be setting in front of the kids (and my wife would get pissed) but I bet when they tell that story to their ricer buddies my Caravan suddenly becomes a BMW M5 or something fast... "I owned this guy in an M5 at the light.. " ...

afief
08-01-2008, 06:14 AM
what makes hondas so special. honda owners wont even let me park next to them not even my own cousin when we go out racing. Thank toyota for making 3sgte hehehe

hobbie2k
08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
A few months ago when my in-laws were visiting from Australia I was driving through town with all 5 of us in the Crown Vic wagon and a rear-end full of luggage and this crapped out Integra with a cardboard window kept revving at me and doing that stupid zoom away then slow down thing.

Like I'm stupid enough to race in an old beater Vic with 5 people (including my then three-month-old daughter) and a bunch of luggage, on the main-street of town (35mph zone with traffic) against a bunch of stupid kids. Even when I had my 240SXs, Silvia, and Cima Cedric, I didn't bother with racing...

manu
08-04-2008, 03:03 PM
It's so hard finding decent people with decent cars to race that usually the only person I race is my cousin's Silvia S15. And when that happens all the ricers run for cover when the hear the 3s-gte and SR20-det in choir.

But I understand why they do it so much because i drive a crappy tiny Malaysian car with a 1.3 engine, and there's alot more of a rush to be had driving it at 70mph than the Celica at 120. Speed is relative, i guess...

dups90gt
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Shit, they did it to me again yesterday! was driving hone with the kids and the kid in an integra 95 up i think) pulls up to me at the light, Im in the celica with the kids and the AC on, ahole kid on my right starte reving and looking at me with his stock rims im not even sure if it was a GSR so Im polite and when the light turns green I wait for 2 sec then begin to pull out, ahole wiats for me and as soon as I let the clutch up he peels put revs like mad pulls ahead then does that ricer slowdown and waits for me then jets ahead again! Meanwhile my kids are asking me what that guy is doing? I tell them to close thier evey and cover their ears, I roll up to him roll my windows down and yell out 'you're an ASSHOLE! what the fuck are doing? my kids are with me!(while im holding a huge wrench' he look at me then rolls up his window and takes the first right.. freakin pissed me off big time!!