PDA

View Full Version : I want to Paint my Celica But im undecided help me!

tekstep01
07-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Ahh, I am Rebuilding my gt-s and its gonna have a white front end with a blue ass, eventually i want to paint it. BUT I want something CRAZY!
im torn between the rally scheme, or the general lee. i like both concepts... in fact i sat at photoshop trying to paint the pik to get a idea what it will look like.....what one do you guys think will look best? lol!
i love the idea of having a japanese G.Lee... except i think ill call it General Yee.... LOL!

burnyd
07-12-2008, 11:33 PM
rally

Maleek
07-12-2008, 11:40 PM
paint it black:P, if thats not an option, go back to the stock color

Crasoum
07-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Polka dots, with "Free Candy!" painted on the side. Mothers will love you.

And it'd be Generar Ree if you wanted to go after the racial slur jokes.

Otherwise Castrol Rally.

tekstep01
07-12-2008, 11:50 PM
no racial shit... i just want it to sound Japanese!! lol!
use the poll thats the fun in it!!

geebes
07-13-2008, 01:00 AM
Rally, hands down. General lee looks silly on anything but a charger.

T-spoon
07-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Polka dots, with "Free Candy!" painted on the side. Mothers will love you.

And it'd be Generar Ree if you wanted to go after the racial slur jokes.

Otherwise Castrol Rally.

Just FYI, "Engrish" is not exactly a racial slur, it references the fact that the "L" sound isn't really a part of Japanese so when they speak English it can be very good but still have trouble with the "L"s. Heck, Toyota's electronic parts catalogue has some entries for "Brack" upholstery etc.

85gtsblackman
07-13-2008, 02:20 AM
castrol

tekstep01
07-13-2008, 02:32 AM
im seeing a trend here and im in favor as well castrol rally! I like! I LIKE!!!
keep em coming!!

Crasoum
07-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Engrish is most certainly a slur, when you're doing it intentionally. Not that the Japanese aren't all about xenophobia, but to say it isn't a slur would be a lie. It's a stereotype which doesn't fit all Japanese speakers. Now a days, younger Japanese are introduced to English early enough that many can speak English "L"s very well.

Now if you're incapable of saying "L"s because you've only been introduced to Ra Re Ru Ri Ro as opposed to la le lu li lo, that's entirely different. But I'm being persnickety.

It doesn't help that Japanese is insanely difficult to be a fluent reader in in the first place.

Not to thread jack, I was just being dickish.

Just FYI, "Engrish" is not exactly a racial slur, it references the fact that the "L" sound isn't really a part of Japanese so when they speak English it can be very good but still have trouble with the "L"s. Heck, Toyota's electronic parts catalogue has some entries for "Brack" upholstery etc.

Chris
07-13-2008, 03:44 AM
Rally.

T-spoon
07-13-2008, 03:55 AM
Engrish is most certainly a slur, when you're doing it intentionally. Not that the Japanese aren't all about xenophobia, but to say it isn't a slur would be a lie. It's a stereotype which doesn't fit all Japanese speakers. Now a days, younger Japanese are introduced to English early enough that many can speak English "L"s very well.

Now if you're incapable of saying "L"s because you've only been introduced to Ra Re Ru Ri Ro as opposed to la le lu li lo, that's entirely different. But I'm being persnickety.

It doesn't help that Japanese is insanely difficult to be a fluent reader in in the first place.

Not to thread jack, I was just being dickish.

Yes, you're being persnickety at best. One of my best friends lives in Japan teaching English and is marrying a Japanese woman this summer. No it's not a slur, it's a description of an lingual idiosyncrasy, and I appreciate that you probably take Japanese or watch anime or maybe you are Japanese, heck if I know, but you're being silly about it. It's no more a racial slur than noting that British people add an "r" to the end of every word that ends in "a" or noting that Texans say "Ya'll" (calm down, I lived in Houston for 15, Texans do say ya'll), or noting that most Europeans I've met write their 9's like lower case "g".

Now intentionally using Engrish while talking to a Japanese person is rude, in the same way talking like Apu is rude when talking to an Indian, but it's not technically a slur, it's mimickry.

So yeah, don't thread jack, and don't be dickish, and especially don't do those things while being wrong :)

tekstep01
07-13-2008, 04:57 AM
hell, it wasnt ment in that way guys... i ment i wanted a japanese name. like general lee, is pretty american, general soo, is really japanese. yee kinda carried the american/japanese blend....lol i appreciate the attention.

Rick89GTS
07-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I think the Rally look is great but if it's not an ST165, it loses some of the sex appeal. I personally prefer the solid colours of either stock or custom gunmetal/pewter/silver. Doesn't get any sexier that that. Check out this gorgeous grey on "Lone Wolf's" car:

Full link here:
http://www.st162.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55&start=60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Rick89GTS/lonewolf1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Rick89GTS/lonewolf2.jpg

Uncrck2
07-13-2008, 11:27 PM
nice car real clean if i where u id go black or a gun metal

sheep
07-14-2008, 05:23 AM
rick...that car is friggin sexy!

as for the paint choices, i like the way the marlboro rally looks but as i hate tabaco companys and i like the way the castrol rally looks better i think you should go with the castrol