PDA

View Full Version : What Keeps you loving your celica?

tekstep01
07-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Im biased, i keep buying old celicas for no real reason.
Im' on my third one, the first was a third gen ST coupe i grew up in. (its a few months younger than me, now its my brothers) i have two 4th gens a GT-S, and a ST...
I love my GT-S, I have smoked many a civic a couple acura's, and a AE-86...
it got totalled because of bubbles in my left front brake line.... funny thing is for a fifty mile an hour crash, its repairable..... im rebuilding it slowly. after the wreck it drove all the way to my homeboys house, and still drove for two weeks before the A/C pump pully cut the rad hose. then it sat for two months, and today it started, and ran fine. With no radiator & no battery ( i used jumper cables, keeping the bat. on the ground since its all pushed in.)
I must say my celica can take a licking and still keep on ticking....
Why do you guys love your celicas?
What kept you from buying a honda sh*t-vic? or a ford focus?
Why do you go and bloody your knuckles for a "old" toyota??? :wtf:

tekstep01
07-12-2008, 10:43 AM
sorry that the piks are HUGE!!!!

celica91gts
07-12-2008, 10:54 AM
lol, i got in an accident too and my front end isnt the best looking by far. and im repairing it also.

tekstep01
07-12-2008, 11:05 AM
tell me bout it.... im still working on the gt-s.... got all the fenders off headlights, ect.... im gonna use the white st, (above with my crazy G/F on da hood) for all the parts, since it did the death rattle.

85gtsblackman
07-12-2008, 12:29 PM
my 3rd gen wont die, others thought it was the end at the dragon, nope it keeps on with a 308,000 mile engine :burn: :eek: :bowdown:

The Captain
07-12-2008, 12:52 PM
What do I love about my Celi? It's done! Finished. Stick a fork in it. It's a wrap. I'm down to oil changes and gas.

celica91gts
07-12-2008, 01:15 PM
gt4rcdude is one of the few people on this forum that can say that thier project car is done. your one lucky guy man. too bad a lot of members don't live on the west coast. be badass if we could all meet up.

extremeskillz
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
^well i fall second to that statement...although i have to repair the fuel leak but its basically the way i want it. I did all the suspension and thats all i wanted no need for a turbo as im happy with the current performance of the car. I just have to no minor body restoration to the wheel wells and she can be said done. I might do light mods like MSD and such but thats time in the future!

I love this car and obviously everyone else does to as it does look exotic compared to other cars on the road. My car def gets head turns everywhere!

Chris
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Toyota's have a certain attitude to me. They have a personality that I just don't find in other cars that I drive. It's just a personal thing, but I really enjoy driving the Supra and the Celica. I don't feel out of place in either one, I feel like both fit me pretty well.
Besides, we're rarer than the Hondas or the Nissans. That may mean aftermarket sucks, but eh, I'm willing to accept that just because of how Toyota owners seem to interact and be a bit closer to one another than some of the other car communities out there.

iwamaryu
07-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll tell you why i like Celica's especially GT4's. I live in a suburb called Glen Waverley in Melbourne, Australia and the night life here is huge on kings way street. Every Fri & Sat nights parked along these streets are EVo 4's,6's,7's, hoted up supras, STi's, s13's, 180sx's, 200sx's, skylines, you get my drift? I'm the only one with a celica GT4 and it's a sleeper, until i rip it hard and let off 20+psi of boost through my Turbo smart BOV, with everyone looking at me as i drive pass. All the young people hearing my bov is thinking, vooootisssssss= turbo, WTF? Cause is Australia we don't have many GT4's there all SX's which is the FR with non-tub engine. No one knows what a celica gt4 is here. that's why gt4s are special and everyone is always like wtf when i tell them there's a turbo under the hood. It's even better when i get the eye contact from another driver initiating a race. i already know what he's thinking, he's thinking:" look at this guy with all his rice gauges, piece of shit FR non turbo car". man i rip them all on the straight against a integra type R or down the mountain against a EVO3(true story). so yeah why have a car that everyone else has? it's like if i had skyline; all my friends wouldn't be really impress cause there are so many skyline that are better, it seems almost competitive (how many kw's?)

Maleek
07-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Not really sure what keeps me loving mine. I put money into it for a while, and then it got written off. At that point i said i was done with the celica and was going to let insurance total it. But for some reason i felt some type of personal attachement and had to have it back...now i here i am trying to reassemble the thing. Ugh.

Wicked Toys
07-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Well I've technically owned 4 celica's.

91 GT Liftback Auto - "First Car"
86 GT Liftback Auto - "Picked it up for $50"
88 GT Liftback Auto - "Parts Car"
91 Alltrac - Best purchase I ever made"

The reason why I enjoy the Celica is because there strong, solid handling cars, that are easy to work on. If kept up right, they will never die, and still look good to this day. While getting decent gas mileage. Now of course this might not apply to everyone but this is from my experience.

I have driven and been in plenty of other vehicles in 10 years from slow economy to 500k Sports cars but sorry I'll take my 91 GT and Alltrac anyday. Just simple well built cars, with enough options available to keep me happy.

Also out of Nissan, Honda/Acura, Mitsu, and Subi Communities. Toyota has always been more respectful and tasteful of them all.

tekstep01
07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
alright i gotta admit, i love the way my gt-s sounds. (Dummy Muffler)
And up the street these old dudes hang out at the burger joint, with their 60's and 70's cars for classic car tuesdays. I brought the gt-s up there and parked it and they all wanted to peek under the hood cause it sounds like an Le mans gt-3....
they loved it.... lol thats a cool tale...
Also when i drive the miata, its not nearly as fast as my GT-S... same motor practicaly, just FR... In fact i broke the ten minute mark i set with the miata, @ drifters Paradise, nine miles in nine forty.... on a road thats got more twists and turns, you actually can get dizzy.... :burn:
heres the times:
UPHILL BESTS:
MAZDA MX-5 ; 13:34
HONDA civic ; 15:23
Toy-o Celica GT-S ; 10:07
DOWNHILL BESTS:
MAZDA MX-5 ; 10:12
HONDA civic ; 11:20
Toy-o Celica GT-S ; 9:40
YYYYYYYEEEEEEE HA!
big diff, but i must admit the mazda feels more stiff and safe, than the toy...

car
07-13-2008, 04:59 AM
I love it because its my first car, its REASONABLY quick, feels safer than other cars I've ridden in (POS mid 90's integra. you'd hit the brakes and the steering wheel would shake, and you wouldn't stop), it likes a little abuse, its not a civic, and its fun =]

celicaGT90_05
07-13-2008, 05:21 AM
why do I love my celica? The fact it was hideous when I first got it, but had a lot of heart. I made it look like somethin now, and Im bettin its one of the quicker stock 5S's around this site even though its about to hit 225k miles. It has a lot of spunk, it gets attention, people really like and respect it, hell even a lot of my gal pals say they want the car lol and I've never had a match against a car where my Seli didnt hold her own. Although she still has a long road ahead of her, shes quite the car even for right now

car
07-13-2008, 05:30 AM
I've never had a match against a car where my Seli didnt hold her own.
You're luckier than me, the only people that have challenged me to a race were a 2000 V6 Mustang and a 1998-ish V8 Mustang. I didn't race the either, but I butt dynoed the V6 and around town my car felt a LITTLE faster

nyana107
07-13-2008, 06:01 AM
sure is alot of honda haters here :)

Lonestag
07-13-2008, 06:03 AM
I don't even know why I love these cars so much.
Though just being a 35mpg sportscar that I can fit half of my dorm room in and drive cross country saftely in should be a winner either way.

Cavanagh
07-13-2008, 04:21 PM
It's a Toyota, the looks of the celica (5th gen for me) Alltrac/GT4 Liftback= Sex. And no one knows wtf they are. I love it.

tekstep01
07-13-2008, 05:53 PM
liftbacks are great for sex! Put down the seats, and you almost got a bed. with a great view of the stars! (if you didnt tint) lol!
and yeah toyoterz are really made to last, my girlfreinds civic is already falling apart...
not hating on honda, but they got some plastic ass cars!

celicaGT90_05
07-13-2008, 06:06 PM
tell your gf to quit wrecking it and it wont fall apart

MCcelica
07-13-2008, 06:44 PM
I got em to get chicks. They have functioned well in that capacity.

burnyd
07-13-2008, 08:44 PM
ill post here once my alltrac runs, for now its taking out bolts that wont come out and cans of pb blaster....

85gtsblackman
07-13-2008, 11:40 PM
i have a ass load of cargo space, i hate on hondas cause i like torque and hate that beehive sound, so thats why i have a 22r a 22re and ej25t powered rides
:wiggle:

oh and dark ppl in 3rd gens going sideways are quite rare

i need to just take out a loan and just put a 2jz in here and just confuze everyone on the streets, track and so fourth, you would be suprized at the number of people that dont know there was a rwd celica :eek:

Idiot Stick
07-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Alot of people are convinced that there are V6 and I4 Celicas. When I had my old 5th gen people would ask me, Is that a 4 or 6 cyl?
Id tell them there was no 6. Theyd call me a liar, and said I didnt know what I was talking about.

Maleek
07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
you don't know how many times people ask me wtf im driving. It's going to be even worse now that im going to be de-badged.

It's a Toyota, the looks of the celica (5th gen for me) Alltrac/GT4 Liftback= Sex. And no one knows wtf they are. I love it.

93bottlefedGT-S
07-14-2008, 04:43 AM
well i like my celica because as its been said it turns heads!

but the matter of the fact is, is that right now at this moment i would take one car over my celica. and that car is a dc2 acura integra gsr, but only under 3 conditions, clean black paint, charcoal leather interior, and gsr blade wheels on it... :D

nyana107- i agree there are alot of honda haters on this site, but imma go with wat i tell all my buddies in the honda world, EVERYONE HAS THERE TASTE, SOME LIKE NISSANS, OTHERS LIKE MITSUBISHI OR SUBARUS, AND HONDAS, I JUST SO HAPPEN TO LIKE THEM ALL, AND TOYOTA IS THE ONE I CHOSE TO GO WITH!

Chris
07-14-2008, 05:13 AM
you would be suprized at the number of people that dont know there was a rwd celica :eek:

I'm surprised at the number of people who don't know that there are RWD Japanese cars to begin with.

ST185
07-14-2008, 07:55 AM
I love my Celica cuz it is my first car and it is definitely a really realiable car. Besides the fact that I drive an auto ST with a gutless stock 4AFE to me a 5th gen celica is badass all around for its year compared to other early 90's Japanese cars. I can't until I start tricking out my ride its just going to make me love it even more.

85gtsblackman
07-14-2008, 12:49 PM
well better ditch the 4a

im not being mean, i had one, oh the bad times with that car.....

H8PVMNT
07-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Engineering... I like that the suspension peices are made of real metal.

I had a 92 ST a couple years ago. I set it up with poly bushings and eibach/KYB, strait exhaust etc. Very fun car. We took a lot of road trips with it. I sold it because we had a few to many vehicles in our driveway at the time.

Last year I had a Nissan Sentra thinking it was similar in potential... boy was I wrong, what a pile! It was kind of quick, but it had a beam axle instead of IRS, which I never could get to handle right. It sucked on dirt, and if you dropped it low enough to corner good the rear suspension was riding on the bump stops. No comparison at all.

I now have a '91 GT-S and I love it! I'm keeping this one. My wife bought it for my birthday this year. Just a good handling, well engineered machine. :bigthumbu

Everybody loves the looks, which doesn't hurt either...

tekstep01
07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
well better ditch the 4a

im not being mean, i had one, oh the bad times with that car.....

Another Bucket ass motor is the 3S-FE.....ugh! :thumbsdow non stop prob on my car...
R.I.P. 89 st....... :owned:

KoreanJoey
07-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Nothing... I'm just pot committed...

manu
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
The sound it makes when it starts, or when I open the taps (Fujitsubo muffler), AND when the Blitz bov goes PSSSH during full boost. Also, the smell inside of it, best smelling interior EVER (and it's an 18 year old car), everyone who gets in notices right away. PLUS, the fact that the front end got banged in and all the coolant was gone yet it still took me home at 2am with the engine temperature at max, yet today I started it and the engine is completely fine. And the torque's good too......