PDA

View Full Version : paint chipping

Ryan
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
anybody got an idea on what i could do to prevent more chipping of my front bumper?

PhillyDRFT
07-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Chipping from stone and road debris can be prevented with the use of a car bra or some companys make a thick clear film which is applied over the front of the car. Application specific ofcorse. Not sure if they make one for a celica.

Just chipping, cracking, peeling for no visable reason. You can't stop. It's an issue with the substrait and the paint applied. Only way to fix it is to color sand and respray.

Ryan
07-15-2008, 12:43 AM
dang... thats what i was afraid of

ciento44
07-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Just flat black the thing.

extremeskillz
07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
yea mine did it recently, but from from a rock chipping the paint causing a spider crack. this spider crack grew as i wash the car a lot and began peeling.

PhillyDRFT
07-17-2008, 12:03 AM
yea mine did it recently, but from from a rock chipping the paint causing a spider crack. this spider crack grew as i wash the car a lot and began peeling.

yeah water is the worst. Water has molecules so small they will make it anywhere they want. And usually carry contaminants with them.

I live pretty close to a chemichal company and I hear horror storys from the 70's and 80's where it would occasionally rain colors. People rarely owned white cars then lol.

Ryan
07-23-2008, 02:41 AM
thats crazy......i would sue the pants off of them and intentionally buy white cars lol...