PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Supra (maybe)

acidice333
07-03-2008, 10:26 AM
So I'm looking at a 1989 Supra Turbo and the guy wants $2100CAD for it.

He says the turbo was replaced cause the bearings were shot, then he got another from a junkyard. Says "the wierd thing is it had oil pressure and then it didn't"

Here is his ad... is it worth it?

-----
I have a 1989 Supra turbo for sale. Bought last year with a blown engine. The engine was fully rebuilt with Reciepts. It has tockio springs and shocks, Supsension techniques from and rear sway bars. Lowered, 3 inch exhaust, stainless steel brake lines, kvr rotors, seats were re upholstered. Walbro fuel pump. Cd player/mp3 player, Targa top, Black. 17 inch rims with 90 % tire tread left.5 Speed standard .

Has no oil pressure. Need to get rid of it.
-----

wizzards581
07-03-2008, 04:28 PM
oil pump is out?

Chris
07-03-2008, 08:57 PM
If it has no oil pressure I'd be extra cautious. That can cause a lot of damage to the engine very quickly if it is not handled right. Especially with a 7mgte.

VikingJZ
07-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Does it run?

If it sounds okay it might be the gauge actually. Its worth a shot checking into. Take it somewhere and have a compression check done and all that good stuff.

T-spoon
07-04-2008, 03:12 AM
"has no oil pressure" really tells you nothing. That doesn't mean anything. The stock pressure gauge indicates zero oil pressure, there's no oil in the car, what? It's impossible to know what problem there is if any. Usually the signs of no oil pressure are needing a new motor. Before you can guess you need to know what he means by that.