PDA

View Full Version : In with RallyK's new

sickcel
06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Bet Rally K wishes she wouldn't have gotten rid of this now.

Colossus20v
06-17-2008, 11:47 PM
wrong forum. :(

But nice celica. Huge wing though. :)

85gtsblackman
06-18-2008, 01:07 AM
now make it go fast instead of just looking fast

Shadowlife25
06-18-2008, 06:59 AM
wrong forum. :(

But nice celica. Huge wing though. :)

No, this is Multimedia. he's in the right place. He does need to resize the pics though ;)

Lagos
06-18-2008, 03:58 PM
ditch those fenders and the wing. :)

geebes
06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
We need more Gt-Four wing.

Luni
06-18-2008, 09:57 PM
I moved it. He put it originally in the Implementation forum.

caneman
06-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Sometimes you guys are too critical. You've got a nice looking car, sickcel, you should be proud of it. And thankful to rallyK for making it that way.

With that being said, I still wonder why a lot of people want to customize their Gen 5 & 6's. I think that they were beautiful designs back in their day and have retained those good looks. Many of the brand new sport compacts that I've seen (and some supercars like the AM Vantage) share a bodyshape that's very close to our own (our cars; not our bodies, unless you're Luni). ;)

Shadowlife25
06-19-2008, 12:48 AM
I moved it. He put it originally in the Implementation forum.

Ah, now it makes sense :)

Caneman: I think it has more to do with adding a certain degree of personalization or (perceived) individuality. That being said, I agree that these are beautiful cars as-is. The early to mid nineties were (in my opinion) the pinnacle of Japanese automotive styling. (at least for Toyota and Mazda)
Most of my favorite vehicles are from this era. Maybe I'm biased, but I still have yet to find a new or even newER vehicle that just captures my imagination. I can't seem to picture myself in anything that's being currently offered...

PhillyDRFT
06-21-2008, 06:21 PM

Caneman: I think it has more to do with adding a certain degree of personalization or (perceived) individuality. That being said, I agree that these are beautiful cars as-is. The early to mid nineties were (in my opinion) the pinnacle of Japanese automotive styling. (at least for Toyota and Mazda)
Most of my favorite vehicles are from this era. Maybe I'm biased, but I still have yet to find a new or even newER vehicle that just captures my imagination. I can't seem to picture myself in anything that's being currently offered...

I fully agree with this. I've tryed to explain it to people when the time comes I need a new car that I would rather buy something old that I like than fork out a lot of money for something new and lacking in spirit. Then again the people who were driving Muscle cars in the 70's think that we're the epidemic and their cars were the last ones with real style and heart.

Cavanagh
06-21-2008, 07:24 PM

agree 100%. What styling is better then early 90's Japanese styling?

Shadowlife25
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Celica - Supra - FD Rx-7 - Eclipse/Talon (2nd gen)

All of the above have very graceful, flowing, aesthetically pleasing forms. Now, it seems the trend has been to make a vehicle with a more fuel-efficient power plant that has the aerodynamic finesse of a flying brick. Think how much better the net gain in fuel economy/efficiency would be if they combined the two? Just because the general public wants something that is fuel efficient doesn't mean that it has to be ugly does it? :(