PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of strange noises coming from my car...

zmile06
06-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok the first couple are, i can hear my car brake through like the floor board i can feel it, and when i turn some times i can hear the axels like pop or something, i can just hear it some how.

Then in the rear on the driver side i hear a rubbing noise like something is hitting the tire like a piece of plastic or something.

Could this all be because my drop zone springs are sagging like a bitch? Or are the sagging springs taking out things in my running gear? I need to replace them but i'm too broke ATM.

Trance4c
06-15-2008, 10:41 PM
First, ditch the Drop Zone springs, those things are horrible!

The noise you hear in the front could be both - need brake pads & either bad CV axles or wheel bearings.

The rear - check and see what is touching, look for any rubbing. Until you get something more specific, its impossible to tell you whats going on back there over the internet.

Good luck.. keep us posted.

zmile06
06-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Wheel bearing and hub replaced on the left front along with ball joint.

I'm saving up ASAP to replace the springs trust me thats the first thing to get fixed AFTER the transmission seal.

I think the front is the running gear and etc. struggling because of how big the drop is.

The rear i'm going to test drive and see, if it's a wheel bearing it's not THAT bad but still a pain.

I'll keep you all posted and, i think god every day for this site!

No BS in this site and i like that.

zmile06
06-16-2008, 03:35 AM
I had my dad diagnose the noise, and he thinks it's the drum in the back, and maybe it needs cleaned out. My guess is the same thing. It sounded like it was coming from the drum area. Tomorrow I'm checking out.

zmile06
06-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Turned out to be a crap load of shoe dust in the drum. I cleaned it out really well with a computer dust can pretty much, then gridded the rust off the resting point on the drum, and picked out chunks of rust in the drum. Good at new no noise!

I hope this helps anyone out who gets a strange noise and has barley dealt with drums lol. I'm only 22 never had to clean out drums before :-D