PDA

View Full Version : Drifting a celica? FF drift?

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 12:44 PM
I have myself have drifted my 83 celica.... it was FR.
But has anyone else drifted their celica FF? i mean using the e-brake is a power-slide.... so that dont really count in my book. i can feint my celi and it does a good imitation of a weight transfer drift... is it tek. a drift?
Anyone else know any techniqes for drifting FF???
Also i seen an all-trak drift pretty hard.... but that dont count thats AWD....
parking lots r good spots to get sideways.... unless your at the mall...
thoughts on this anyone?

burnyd
06-15-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34800&highlight=grammar

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/

Slider
06-15-2008, 06:46 PM
sure why not http://youtube.com/watch?v=kOASjjpRnXk

Mr Celica
06-15-2008, 07:06 PM
yeesh

Tommy
06-15-2008, 08:46 PM
me only out in the dirt i rally my celica sometimes

Colossus20v
06-15-2008, 08:53 PM
your can put lunch trays under your rear wheels and drift until the plastic dies.

Cavanagh
06-15-2008, 09:11 PM
*All-Trac

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463985/
:lolhittin

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I have done the "tray drifting" stuff thats fun, excep mc'slumoldas always calls the cops when they see me going around the whole resturant side ways with my homie hanging out the window yelling about taking their trays....

*On the other note... Ive seen that honda video before... pretty cool ... i noticed that he's always fenting. Then he use's a very liberal amount of handbrake.....

*And i have never seen the "Fast and the Furious Tokyo drift" in my life... is it good?
i saw the other two... not really my kind of movies.

Cavanagh
06-15-2008, 11:16 PM
I have done the "tray drifting" stuff thats fun, excep mc'slumoldas always calls the cops when they see me going around the whole resturant side ways with my homie hanging out the window yelling about taking their trays....

Hmmm....wonder why

*On the other note... Ive seen that honda video before... pretty cool ... i noticed that he's always fenting. Then he use's a very liberal amount of handbrake.....

*And i have never seen the "Fast and the Furious Tokyo drift" in my life... is it good?
i saw the other two... not really my kind of movies.
Just see it....just once.

T-spoon
06-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Tek, do you have a brother named Ricky?

Cavanagh
06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
I was thinking Toy_Celi myself, but both work. :D

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 11:34 PM
On the drifting subject, i found a pretty funny video...
heres a good example of FF i guess but for the most part its wet....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHE0zUQT1nM
you think that guy hates his civic or what?

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 11:35 PM
t-spoon... my brothers name is brendan... hes got my old celica...83' FR gen3

Chris
06-16-2008, 12:34 AM
On the drifting subject, i found a pretty funny video...
heres a good example of FF i guess but for the most part its wet....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHE0zUQT1nM
you think that guy hates his civic or what?

Drifting on a public highway? Seriously? There's no words to describe how stupid that kid is, and there's no words to describe the stupidity of someone who would think drifting on a public roadway with traffic like that is "cool."

T-spoon
06-16-2008, 12:46 AM
The wet road stuff was really the only super dangerous stuff he was doing, most of it was low speed without traffic. Still stupid, but I couldn't help laughing at the civic getting the piss beat out of it.

Chris
06-16-2008, 03:35 AM
The wet road stuff was really the only super dangerous stuff he was doing, most of it was low speed without traffic. Still stupid, but I couldn't help laughing at the civic getting the piss beat out of it.

Meh, that wet road thing was enough. Seriously, a minivan full of kids coming around the corner, and then what do you do? If you somehow make it out you get to explain to the court how you took away the parents of three children.

I figure you weren't defending them, I'm just saying that drifting like that on a wet road was dumb enough on it's own. The rest was icing on the cake.

But yeah, watching him beat that civic to hell was pretty funny.

T-spoon
06-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Meh, that wet road thing was enough. Seriously, a minivan full of kids coming around the corner, and then what do you do? If you somehow make it out you get to explain to the court how you took away the parents of three children.

I figure you weren't defending them, I'm just saying that drifting like that on a wet road was dumb enough on it's own. The rest was icing on the cake.

But yeah, watching him beat that civic to hell was pretty funny.

Yeah.. I said the wet road was super dangerous...

PhillyDRFT
06-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Holy shit this is hilarious.. I have to goto work. I can't stay and play..

:lolhittin :lolhittin :lolhittin :lolhittin :burn:

Chris
06-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah.. I said the wet road was super dangerous...

Yeah, I know man. Ignore me, I just have a stick up my ass when it comes to people doing exceptionally stupid stuff like that on a public road.

tekstep01
06-17-2008, 12:45 AM
i agree totally i had my teen years... i think drifting is for the track......
or at least a parking lot... where the chance is sig. reduced..... at least i use my head.... theres a thing called "responsibilty"........know this... live it. love it... life that is...

tekstep01
06-17-2008, 12:47 AM
B.T.W. im a father to be i really have done alot of thinking..... the next time i drift a car... im gonna be spec... nothing less......

celica91gts
06-17-2008, 01:10 AM
I have myself have drifted my 83 celica.... it was FR.
But has anyone else drifted their celica FF? i mean using the e-brake is a power-slide.... so that dont really count in my book. i can feint my celi and it does a good imitation of a weight transfer drift... is it tek. a drift?
Anyone else know any techniqes for drifting FF???
Also i seen an all-trak drift pretty hard.... but that dont count thats AWD....
parking lots r good spots to get sideways.... unless your at the mall...
thoughts on this anyone?

using the e-brake is not called a power slide... power sliding is when ur going through a turn and u have too much power going to the back and ur car starts to slide. ff cars only have power going to the front wheels so u can;t really say any ff car can do a power slide. i've pulled u turns in the celica by using the e-brake, or rather i should put thats all u can really do. the ff celica is so front heavy the tail whips around so fast before u can really do anything. but im sure if u try hard enough and have money to spare for new tires and brake pads u can practice a bunch and get some off.

sooinseo
06-17-2008, 02:24 AM
hey man hes pretty good at what he does... w/e it is. plus hes some rich white kid who can afford 5 tickets.. dunno bout points tho if ur in a parking lot that has no cars.

donteatbugs
06-17-2008, 05:52 AM
i never tried drifting a celica but i have done kt's tc at the local autox during a fun run rainy day. i did a sweeping 180 at about 20-25 mph in 2nd. the 2az has torque though.

celicaGT90_05
06-17-2008, 06:17 AM
I myself have e-braked my celica in the snow, but not to be all cool, only to have better control of the vehicle and not go weeee into the curb. I actually did this at an intersection, then looked in my rear view as I watched the car directly behind me go into the curb. As for drifting FWD though....no, I wouldnt because it blows compared to RWD. Sure you can slide, but its way to easy to pull out of and you cant hold a drift for all too long. I use to slide my ranger all the time in the rain simply by downshifting, but cant do that in a FWD

geebes
06-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Lookie what I found yall! Celica and everything...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmaRuQNSTA

watch the asian guy host at 1:20 :hehe:

Chris
06-23-2008, 06:56 AM
That was pretty cool. Looks like it's a challenge to knock the car out of balance the right way.

Loved the host's laugh.

T-spoon
06-23-2008, 08:29 AM
hey man hes pretty good at what he does... w/e it is. plus hes some rich white kid who can afford 5 tickets.. dunno bout points tho if ur in a parking lot that has no cars.

Noone can afford 5 tickets if they're driving a civic with a fart can. WTF does race have to do with it? That whole comment was pretty much fail.

85gtsblackman
06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
i can drift

T-spoon
06-23-2008, 05:00 PM
i can drift

Yep, that FF 3rd gen conversion you did is awesome, turned it into a proper Celica!