PDA

View Full Version : help with water leak..

2003cbgts
03-02-2005, 06:45 PM
first i noticed the back passenger side floorboard soaked a month or so back. and now i noticed my back driver side seat is pretty wet.. i looked and cant find a leak or wet spot anywhere else.. i dont want my car to rot... help!

Hooligan
03-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Have you done anything whatsoever to try to find it yet? Sit inside the car while someone sprays water on the outside. Pay special attention to window/sunroof seals.

Psyko
03-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Have you done anything whatsoever to try to find it yet? Sit inside the car while someone sprays water on the outside. Pay special attention to window/sunroof seals.

Im with him on this. To find where my sun roof was leakin from we filled a 5 gallon bucket and I had a friend dump it onto the possible leakin spots. WIth that Much water it is sure to find the leak. The hose could work as well, but we just went for the bucket cause of the volume of water that you can put out and how fast. Also it makes the leak very noticible.

Do you have a sun roof? That sounds to be the culprit to me

2003cbgts
03-03-2005, 04:13 AM
yea i have a sunroof, but havent noticed a leak.... on the other hand, i was washing my car and noticed the little triangle back corner window leaks a little bit, but wouldnt explain why the other sides floorboard was soaked, so i dunno.. headliner wasnt wet or anything... could it possibly be coming from the trunk somehow? my hinges are shot.

acidice333
03-03-2005, 10:01 AM
I have a similar leak altho I don't have a sunroof ): My problem is it leaks dripping down onto the backrest, drizzling down to the seat. Seems to be only on the passenger rear side and seems to be coming from the hatch.. I never got a good chance to look at my problem, but when I took off the plastic trims (where the rear window washer nozzle is) water just came pouring out.

Platinum92GTS
03-03-2005, 10:44 AM
I also have a leak commin from my sunroof and i think my weather stripping on my pass side needs to be replaced...thank god for lack of rain in BC!

honestly the sunroof is a good bet....or hatch maybe?

But yea best to get that fixed up..id go with the hose first! :P

Hooligan
03-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Fix your known leak(s) before looking for more. I thought that would be common sense.

sloceli
03-03-2005, 03:00 PM
If it is your sunroof you probably wont see it. It is most likely going above your head liner and down the molding. Open your sun roof and look in the front corners for the ends of white tubing, those are your drains. If you have access to an air hose try to blow them out. There are two more in the back but you cant see those without removing the sunroof.

2003cbgts
03-05-2005, 02:21 AM
i have a coupe with the real shitty almost completely broke trunk hinges.. could it be comin in from back there?

TRDmkII
03-05-2005, 02:29 AM
the sun roof drain could have fallen off the sunroof assy, or your glass could be warped, i had a 00 celica gt come in with a water leak and it was the sun roof glass, it had like warped over time and wasn't sealing correctly and no matter how i tried to adjust it it would still leak, put in a new glass and all was better. also its pretty easy to look at the front drains if you remove the a-pillar moldings and pull down the headliner slightly, to remove the entire headliner is apain but will probably help you the most, good luck...my bet is the sunroof glass or the rear sunroof drains.