PDA

View Full Version : I CRASHED... NOW WHERE DO I COPP A "NEW" 87'?

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 07:34 AM
I "had" a clean as fuck 87' celica GTS.......
200,000 miles, 3S-GE All the bells and whistles.... but it did have a small problem, the brakes must have not been bled right because it had a "slight" pull at normal speeds, i was going down la tuna canyon at about 50mph.... and at the passing lane i got cut-off, and my front right locked up...started a shimmy, and i almost went into on comming traffic, and the counter measures i took i steered away and i spun out hitting a gard-rail... ugh and i totally fucked my front fender, my hood, bumper, and my driver-side rear A-arm.... bending it in about 2-3 inches. :duh: so im pretty fucked... it still drives fine except the rear tire is all kinked.. my headlights still work...sorta... my bumper is about a foot off to the side... and i had to remove my hood.... rip out the fender skirt, cover the positive battery connection (so it wouldnt spark) and its all fucked up.... the rad. holds water... i un-bent the fan casings they both work! but my front end is pushed in about 5-6 inches from stock .... its all tweeked, i cant continue to drive it, its blown a rad hose due to the pully rubbing it and i look like a retard with a mega fucked up car...

mostly what i want is anyone in so-cal who got a 87 hatch to hit me up... i want to buy it whole... my own criteria is; 87 hatch, 5-speed, gts model or gt or even st... as long as its compatible with the 3S-GE motor... i want to swap it out with mine, and if im lucky enough i want to take the motor out of the car i buy and re-build it on the weekends... eventually having a new motor to drop, i also want to buy a new celica, because i want to do a custom paint job, to my prefrence, and not have to worry about a weak frame from straighting it back out.. its extensive, so im pretty sure after i strip it, its gonna go to the wrecker or sit in my backyard as a part-out.... what do you guys think... iv' heard from many people that i should just buy a new car but im a celica freak (born and raised in a 83' 22r FR celica also my first car!passed down to me now its my brothers) and im just not gonna give in i love my gts, its dependible, handles great, gots pull and it used to look grrrrrrrrreat! now im up shits creek.... a engine swap is nothing to me.... wheres the 87' chassies at anyone??????????????????????????? :burn:

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
BTW... IM IN tujunga, CALIFORNIA
SAN FERNANDO VALLEY
MY HOME PHONE IS 818-352-1033
and my girlfriends cell phone is 818 281 8708
she will gladly take your message and info and pass it on to me!
thanks! & celica love........
::MY 87 will womp your shitty civic anyday::

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 09:24 AM
ahhh by the way it was def. air in the line that caused the front right to lock up i had bubbles in the front left, when it was bled.... guess i shoulda checked the brakes b-4 hand... remember kids always check the brakes on a new car.

celicaGT90_05
06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
get some pics man! Sorry to hear about that, you might have had a clogged port or something like that. Was your pedal mushy? Good luck getting it fixed

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
all my pics of it b4 are here: http://www.myspace.com/flicker_in_tujunga in my pictures under overhauling...... check em out........ BTW... No pics of it trashed yet....

Idiot Stick
06-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Im totally calling your girlfriend next time im in Cali. :)

MCcelica
06-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I think the only thing that pisses me off more than someone else fucking up my shit is when I'm the one that fucks it up, cause then I got nobody else to blame. GL with finding a newish whip.

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 08:02 PM
yeah im looking at a 87 gt, its red...900 bucks not too bad but its got 4 lug wheels... can i trade out my current 5 lug semi easily or what?

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 03:31 AM
shitty shitty shitty...
i just looked at a rolla sr5 for 1500, and it was in good shape... but i havent got my money yet... anyone wanna buy it for me.. and i will pay em back lol!!!!!!!!!!

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Da She Noooooo!!

Shadowlife25
06-15-2008, 02:24 PM
There's an '89 vert on craigslist - SF Bay area right now for $400. It's white, manual and just passed smog. I was actually considering it last night. It's about an hour away from me...

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 11:47 PM
i just found a 86' gt 4th GEN.White as well, 5speed $550.... im gonna go check it out...

tekstep01
06-15-2008, 11:55 PM
idotstick..BTW, my girl is romanian, beware you call for other purposes..shes gonna have your balls on a stick for sure....