PDA

View Full Version : is running the car on water... kinda

spaztheweird1
06-14-2008, 05:35 AM
after all the talk about the hydro cells and what not and seeing that local company's and even the cops bought them to try it out i figured me two the company they all used is this hydro 400 crap its 1500 and get you 35% better mileage well i made one (ill get pictures tomorrow) and installed on the celica it gets ok mileage i was getting about 25 miles to a gallon cause i drive like a dick. but i filled it up all the all the way till it cut off then drove 26 miles and filled it up again to see the difference im thinking ok almost a gallon instead of one gallon nope it took only half a gallon that means i doubled my gas mileage insane i normally get around 450 mile to a tank im going to run it out and go from there for a better reading but is only cost me 40 bucks to make and a hour to build

tekstep01
06-14-2008, 06:39 AM
huh interesting....

extremeskillz
06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
:worthless: and interesting

spaztheweird1
06-14-2008, 01:37 PM
ill have pics today no camera till later .... i tell you now its not the looks that matter its the amount of gas you save lol......

extremeskillz
06-14-2008, 01:44 PM
wonder if you could modify it to run you car entirely. its basically running your car on hydrogen if you get the drift!

DeeCee
06-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Hydrogen is highly flammable. Know what you are doing before you start modifying.

There was a story about some australian mechanics who used water, ran through electrolysis and ran the hydrogen through a bubbler before the throttle body, mixing with fuel to gain efficiency.

extremeskillz
06-14-2008, 04:44 PM
^Compressed hydrogen is more flammable then hydrogen being produced to use right away. Hes not storing this in a tank im assuming. As soon as the electrolysis produces the hydrogen its being used so less dangerous but yes precautions must be taken carefully. Very interesting project and yes ive heard of miatas out in the corn fields somewhere with full hydrogen generators in the trunk getting very gas mileage. Ive heard of 100mpg but can't confirm a source.

yankee7568
06-14-2008, 04:50 PM
http://www.hydro4000.com/

Fuelish
06-15-2008, 03:31 AM
......... i filled it up all the all the way till it cut off then drove 26 miles and filled it up again to see the difference im thinking ok almost a gallon instead of one gallon nope it took only half a gallon that means i doubled my gas mileage insane ................. ummmm, no, it doesn't ...... driving 26 miles to test gas mileage is so far from accuracy, that you do indeed live up to your username......fill the tank, drive 'til almost empty, refill, repeat 9 more times, do the required math, and then come back and tell us about this "miracle" mpg. :rolleyes: