PDA

View Full Version : cs/rc bumper

moofmaw
03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
ok so i called the toyota dealership today and they told me that it probly woundnt fit right on my gt they said its for a gts. is that true? doesnt chewdogg have one on? also to fit it on a gt is there any modification that needs done. and does anyone know where the write up is for the install and everything that i can use from my stock bumper thanks.

Murgatroy
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM
It bolts right on, the nosepiece is the same size (not the same design though) on all (5th Gen) Celicas. Only the fenders are different on a GT-S and GT-4 (All-Trac.) The fenders are wider on those models. You may have to do some modifications to the bumper support, so have to, some don't. They also sell the CS/RS bumper support, but it is as much if not more than the nosepiece.

alltracman78
03-02-2005, 11:24 PM
You will need the actual bumper [not the bumper cover] as well, if I'm not mistaken.
The fitment problem [if there is one] would be from the different fenders.
Call the dealership and find out if the bumper cover for a GTS and GT [of the same year] has the same part number. If it does, it will work on your GT. If not, it will likely need some mods.

And you would be best off getting all the supports and actual bumper too.

Platinum92GTS
03-03-2005, 12:55 AM
How much is the CS bumper from toyota...and for a GTS would I be better off getting the supports and whatnot??

jesus im lazy, I should really pick up a phone....didnt mean to jack your thread tho haha

Murgatroy
03-03-2005, 05:49 AM
I was quoted like $299 for the nosepiece and $249 for the support bracket. But it will be different wherever you go. That is just approximate.

91GTurbo
03-03-2005, 11:33 PM
try this site

http://www.alltrac.net/body/ST185RC.htm

Rayme
03-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I'll speak from my experience :

I installed a cs bumper on my GT (NON widebody) celica.

The thing bolted right on, and I can still use the stock steel bumper behind, it is painted black so it doesn't show through the upper grill area. The bottom support from the stock bumper is un-usable on the cs bumper but it is solid enough only attached from the side and top, no need to support.

What that will do is make the plastic panels under the engine hang on the front, I simply used small wires to attach them to the bumper so the plastic doesn't bend down on the road from the wind.

The fitment over the stock steel bumper(crash bar) only required minor modification to the cs bumper, notably cutting off what I think was the little "cylinders" behind to screw the grill (my grill is custom I didnt need those). They are about 1/2", if not cut they will hug the bumper.

I also had to modify the top reinforcement as it was "pushing" the bumper down too much when screwed in. The modification was only bending 3 screw brackets if I remember, hack job but it's hidden lol...

It's really hard to explain without picture but beleive me it's easy to install and to fix anything that isn't perfectly fitting.

Oh and if you're wondering my fog lights are screwed directly in the bumper's plastic, its tough enough. And hopefully won't rust ;)