PDA

View Full Version : A few observations (and questions)

Simonhla
06-07-2008, 08:18 AM
1. I don't see too many Coupes on here. (5th Gen)

2. Was there a widebody version of the Coupe? Or did it only come in hatchback?

3. I've noticed very few 92/93 front bumpers in here. Is that because most fifth gen owners have pre 92 models or because most have swapped out for CS bumpers? What's the beef against the 92/93 front end?

4. I just had my engine rebuilt. Due to get the car back in the next couple of days. Should I have taken this opportunity to have done anything differently (perhaps a bit late now).

5. My car is an automatic. I hang my head in shame.

celica91gts
06-07-2008, 11:30 AM
1) there arnt as many coupes as there are hatches in my opinion on here.
2) coupes only came in narrow body.
3) many members on her have gotten the cs bumper, i myself have a 91. i honestly think the 92-93 looks better then the 90-91.
4) port and polish?
5) i wish i had an auto in times of traffic. nothing to be ashamed about.

extremeskillz
06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Actually i have no complaints of the auto. Shifts like manual when put into ECT. I love manuals tho but i live with what i got!

I personal am no a coupe person but a few members here have really nice coupes put together that i like. Some have even done the GTS/Alltrac wide fenders and CS front bumper and looks killer on the coupe and convertibles. I am more of hatch, widebody guy obviously in the sig!

Simonhla
06-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Actually i have no complaints of the auto. Shifts like manual when put into ECT. I love manuals tho but i live with what i got!

I personal am no a coupe person but a few members here have really nice coupes put together that i like. Some have even done the GTS/Alltrac wide fenders and CS front bumper and looks killer on the coupe and convertibles. I am more of hatch, widebody guy obviously in the sig!

How can one use the widebody fenders on a coupe if it only came in a hatchback. I can see the front ones being compatible but surely they back ones wouldn't fit. Or am I missing something?

Thanks for both your replies.

celica91gts
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
the front fenders are pretty easily interchangeable. there is no way to interchange rear fenders to make a narrow body have the wide body unless your up for getting your hands dirty and doing quite a bit of custom work.

celicaGT90_05
06-07-2008, 09:25 PM
driving a manual in traffic never bothered me, I unno why, cuz I hear many people complain about how its suck a pain, but I hardly notice it. I prefer the 90-91 front bumper myself, sure its more simple, but when you have the fog lights it looks awesome. Oh and of course there are things you could have done while the motor is being rebuilt, but they still costs a good amount of change

METDeath
06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I myself have a 91 coupe, and it's an auto too, so don't feel bad. There was no wide body "option" per se... it was just on the GTS/All-Trac so the ST/GT are narrow body.

celicasilfee
06-08-2008, 03:51 PM
i have a coupe AND the 92-93 front end (mine's a 93). There may be only a few coupes on here, but imo that' a good thing. It makes what I have more rare... kinda :0)

Chris
06-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Yep, coupe here with the 92-93 front end. Then again, mine looks like crap with oxidized paint, a punched hole in the fender, and several large dents from people in parking lots.

Still, I'll never get rid of her. Too much family history, and the car has too much personality.

Fuelish
06-08-2008, 04:48 PM
1. I don't see too many Coupes on here. (5th Gen).............................................. .................

3. I've noticed very few 92/93 front bumpers in here. Is that because most fifth gen owners have pre 92 models or because most have swapped out for CS bumpers? What's the beef against the 92/93 front end?.............................................. ......
5. My car is an automatic. I hang my head in shame.

:wiggle:Mine's a '92 coupe (well, started it's life as a coupe before ASC decapitated it 16 years ago last month ;)) with the stock front bumper and slushbox tranny as well :)

Like extremeskillz mentioned, the ECT makes the auto a lil more fun to deal with, but I prefer a manual, and traffic is no big deal with a manual at all, imho.

celica9303
06-08-2008, 07:05 PM
I also have what started as a coupe I swaped my 93 front bumper for th 93 jdm alltrac bumper and yellow roundfoggies check signature for pic

90CelicaST
06-08-2008, 07:13 PM
1. I don't see too many Coupes on here. (5th Gen)
:wavebg: There's some of us here

2. Was there a widebody version of the Coupe? Or did it only come in hatchback?
Nope, just the Alltrac/GT FOUR and GT-S were widebody

3. I've noticed very few 92/93 front bumpers in here. Is that because most fifth gen owners have pre 92 models or because most have swapped out for CS bumpers? What's the beef against the 92/93 front end?'90 model here, so no comment.

4. I just had my engine rebuilt. Due to get the car back in the next couple of days. Should I have taken this opportunity to have done anything differently (perhaps a bit late now).Nah, you're fine.

5. My car is an automatic. I hang my head in shame.:lolhittin