PDA

View Full Version : Better Header?

Lonestag
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I was just browsing and I found this,
any good for us? I know some people were more into the 4-1 header style...

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/racinglab_2005_198520297

http://www.racinglab.com/pacesetter-headers-black-toyota-003.html

ciento44
06-04-2008, 08:07 PM
4-2-1 is supposed to augment midrange, which is exactly what would be beneficial to the 5sfe, in my opinion.

Now that being said....that is made for 3sfe, which yes, i realize is pretty much the same engine, i'm just worried about fitment issues in a 5th gen bay.

Look into a stock 3sge header, if you like 4-2-1 as well.

Lonestag
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Well, it's academic to me because I already have the sure-win ebay header and I don't have a celica right now. I know the 3SGE is considered maybe the best, this one might be easier to find though. Just looking at this header, it looks like it would probably fit, considering the size of our stock manifolds. Although there is the possiblity that it comes out too far.

ciento44
06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Well, it's academic to me because I already have the sure-win ebay header and I don't have a celica right now. I know the 3SGE is considered maybe the best, this one might be easier to find though. Just looking at this header, it looks like it would probably fit, considering the size of our stock manifolds. Although there is the possiblity that it comes out too far.

Ah ok...

Well, personally, i'd be willing to give it a shot, price seems decent. I haven't heard great things about Pacesetter's rust-resistant properties, though.

As for the 3sge header being considered the best, i'd say that could still be open to debate. I know Grayscale considers it to be the best, and he has tried both styles, and i'd be inclined to go with what he says. I just didn't get a chance to drive his car before it went boom.

I would have been more likely to put the 3sge header on my coupe, as that car already had a freakish higher rpm range for a 5sfe. On my hatch, i'm completely disappointed in the top end, even for a 5sfe, so the 4-1 camry header that's going on it is more towards what i'm looking for.

CriScO
06-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Considering it's the only one available for the 3S-FE, I've been planning to get one. Hopefully before the end of racing season, if people would stop parting out their fourth gens and getting my money! :) That and the cat are the last bottlenecks in my intake/exhaust(aside from a head port). The 3S-FE is slightly better on the high end then the 5S to begin with, and we know it will fit in a fourth gen bay, but I'll let you know my results anyway.

ciento44
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Considering it's the only one available for the 3S-FE, I've been planning to get one. Hopefully before the end of racing season, if people would stop parting out their fourth gens and getting my money! :) That and the cat are the last bottlenecks in my intake/exhaust(aside from a head port). The 3S-FE is slightly better on the high end then the 5S to begin with, and we know it will fit in a fourth gen bay, but I'll let you know my results anyway.

3sge header should be cake to fit in your car, if you want to try that for cheaper.... :hehe:

johnL
06-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I had a pacesetter header on my car for 2 years till the welds close to the manifold rusted out. Made the car sound better and may have picked up HP up high nothing that will throw you back in your seat. Best thing you go from a 35lb manifold to a 4lb header.

Unarmed
06-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Pacesetter has always said that the paint on their headers and exhaust systems are temporary unless you get their armor coating crap.

Ah ok...

Well, personally, i'd be willing to give it a shot, price seems decent. I haven't heard great things about Pacesetter's rust-resistant properties, though.

As for the 3sge header being considered the best, i'd say that could still be open to debate. I know Grayscale considers it to be the best, and he has tried both styles, and i'd be inclined to go with what he says. I just didn't get a chance to drive his car before it went boom.

I would have been more likely to put the 3sge header on my coupe, as that car already had a freakish higher rpm range for a 5sfe. On my hatch, i'm completely disappointed in the top end, even for a 5sfe, so the 4-1 camry header that's going on it is more towards what i'm looking for.

johnL
06-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I did paint my header with high temp engine exhaust paint and baked it on at 500 degrees in my brother's over. Made the house smell real nice!! ;)

celica9303
06-06-2008, 07:56 PM
CAMRY HEADER end of story lol pacsetter headers suck i went though 3 on my old civic hatch

CelicaDudeMO
06-07-2008, 07:34 AM
has anyone ever found a 4-1 for the 4AFE. if so link?

non-pacesetter

beingblueeyes
06-08-2008, 03:31 PM
how about a tri Y header for a 5sfe (good for mid)

ciento44
06-18-2008, 09:37 PM
how about a tri Y header for a 5sfe (good for mid)

I'm having a hard time picturing this, unless you're just talking about a 4-2-1?

Galcobar
06-19-2008, 01:15 AM
Tri-Y = 4-2-1. The term tri-Y refers to there being three Y shapes -- the two off the engine, then the one downpipe unifying the two.

ciento44
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
^Thanks, kindof figured, just making sure. :)