PDA

View Full Version : So, I've decided to redo my car.

Mr. Babb
06-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Well, like the title states, I have decided that I am going to redo my car. I have grown out of the whole f&f bodykit thing and I am no longer happy with my car as it sits now. I graduate in December and right now I am going to concentrate on that, so this project will not begin until after that. I want to completely remove the bodykit and install the stock rear bumper and get a cs front bumper to go along with my cf cs hood that will be at my house tommorrow. I am also considering going with the gts or alltrac front fenders as they are wider. I am also going to reinstall the 3 piece spoiler. I would also like to get a nice set of coilovers, preferably tein but I will take some ksports, and get a nice set of wheels to compliment the car (maybe some volks).

91 Celica GT-S
06-04-2008, 04:34 AM
and lots of stickers right! NAWS

Cavanagh
06-04-2008, 04:34 AM
Sounds good man! Personally, i think a badass choice to make,being i was never an invader bodykit fan. But its all in what you like and thats the most important thing.

Mr. Babb
06-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Personally, i think a badass choice to make,being i was never an invader bodykit fan. But its all in what you like and thats the most important thing.

What do you mean? I am taking the kit off.

Mr. Babb
06-04-2008, 04:39 AM
and lots of stickers right! NAWS
Yeah, I forgot to add that, that wil be my hp mods! lol

geebes
06-04-2008, 05:06 AM
What do you mean? I am taking the kit off.

I think he was saying its a good idea...

celica9303
06-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Keep us updated. What manufacture did you go with for the cf cs hood?

andy
06-04-2008, 06:47 AM
good plan sir. goin to nopi again this year?

extremeskillz
06-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Yes! Finally a born again body kit hater! :hehe: sounds like you have a good plan and i would stick to it.

Mr. Babb
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
oh ok geebes

celica9303- its a vis

andy- I dont know yet, Im kinda burned out on nopi also

carlos- yes I've wanted to do this forever but just not looking forward to all the work that it entails

Hookecho
06-04-2008, 06:52 PM
i know the feeling. i also out grew my vader kit. took it off and brought the car back to stock form and i can say that i am much happier with the stock look. it looks more subtle and sophisticated with a hint of bad attitude. bodykits are fun for a little while, but then you realize that they're dorky.

celicaGT90_05
06-04-2008, 07:49 PM
sounds like a plan, though I gotta say if you're going to go with the wider fenders in the front, you should also put in some wider quarter panels in the back. Yeah that will be quite a bit of work, but it'll look funky if its wide only in the front

extremeskillz
06-04-2008, 07:51 PM
i know the feeling. i also out grew my vader kit. took it off and brought the car back to stock form and i can say that i am much happier with the stock look. it looks more subtle and sophisticated with a hint of bad attitude. bodykits are fun for a little while, but then you realize that they're dorky.

I out grew them when i first discovered how ugly they were :hehe:. Then I realized bodykits in general serve no purpose but to look good. I don't mind a lip kit as it enhances existing body panels but a bodykits :zombie:

Especially when seeing a honda with a wide body kit and the wheels are 5" deep into the kit :lolhittin

ciento44
06-04-2008, 08:21 PM
sounds like a plan, though I gotta say if you're going to go with the wider fenders in the front, you should also put in some wider quarter panels in the back. Yeah that will be quite a bit of work, but it'll look funky if its wide only in the front

Not necessarily. On a stock narrowbody car, the rear fenders are wider than the fronts to start. It's actually pretty even with the widebody fronts.

Unless you REALLY look for it, you won't notice it.

celicaGT90_05
06-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Not necessarily. On a stock narrowbody car, the rear fenders are wider than the fronts to start. It's actually pretty even with the widebody fronts.

Unless you REALLY look for it, you won't notice it.

point taken, guess we'll have to wait and see

ciento44
06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
point taken, guess we'll have to wait and see

Which isn't to say i would mind seeing the conversion done, but i just don't think it's even worth attempting on a GT hatch. On a coupe, yeah. Hatch? Hell no, just sell it and get a GTS, save some time and money.

I think Murg and i are racing to see who gets the widebody coupe done first. :hehe: I won't be able to get to it until at least November, so he'll have a leg on me.

Mr. Babb
06-05-2008, 12:19 AM
yeah I had actually thought about doing the rear quarters as well but, I dunno.
Oh, and i got my cs hood today, and I must say its nice!

Cavanagh
06-05-2008, 12:21 AM
I think he was saying its a good idea...
Someone can always read my mind. ;) hahah ya thats what i was saying.

donteatbugs
06-05-2008, 12:21 AM
you need to sell the car and buy an alltrac... but put a 5s in it before you sell it.

Mr. Babb
06-05-2008, 12:25 AM
you need to sell the car and buy an alltrac... but put a 5s in it before you sell it.
The thing is, I won't get a quarter of what I got in it back out, so I just figure I will make the most of what I have.

19celica90
06-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Goodluck with taking the body kit off. The most time consuming and "hardest" part will be repairing the areas where you had the body kit adheared on the quarters. The most sure fire way is to weld small pieces of metal over the holes that were made. Grind down the weld and "lower" the metal with a body hammer and thin fill with body filler.

I did this to my celica about a month ago, I really enjoy not having to worry about the kit getting scratched or cracked. Plus, the stock body with the CS front makes the car look very sleek, but also very serious. I'm an ASE certified body tech, so, if you're taking the kit off and need some advice or are stuck with something, pm me. I can always help and am always willing to show you proper ways to do some repairs as you de-bodykit the celica.

n01zee
06-05-2008, 02:37 AM
im quite fond of the kit on mine, does any one know what the name of itis or where ic ould get one from. Its in need of some repairs now and i thought i might just price up a new one, except i cant find it - anywhere!

n01zee
06-05-2008, 03:07 AM
sorry i just realised how much i butted in on that! lol, please pm me if you can help me out. cheers.

Mr. Babb
06-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Goodluck with taking the body kit off. The most time consuming and "hardest" part will be repairing the areas where you had the body kit adheared on the quarters.
I countersunk drywall screws and cover the heads with bodyfiller, than i used bondo-glass to blend the kit in. I think I will use my grinder to get to the screw heads and then remove them. Once the kit is removed I think I am going to use paint stripper and get all the old stuff off (I've had it painted 3 times) and then do like you said, weld the holes, etc.

celicaGT90_05
06-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Which isn't to say i would mind seeing the conversion done, but i just don't think it's even worth attempting on a GT hatch. On a coupe, yeah. Hatch? Hell no, just sell it and get a GTS, save some time and money.

err, his car is a coupe. And one thing I was thinkin earlier is from what I remembered the coupe is pretty narrow throughout

donteatbugs
06-05-2008, 04:21 AM
you wouldnt get all you have in it out of it but you could get enough to get a decent alltrac that you will have to do the same work too and then you would have awd with turbo.