PDA

View Full Version : Convertible sideskirts on non-convertible

ciento44
06-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Does anyone have a write-up on the best way to attach these things? The convertible has this nifty metal bracket thing all the way down the side of the car, and i'm not too excited about putting that thing on my car.

The curve is a little too much for double sided molding tape to stick, either.

I'm not entirely happy, but not exactly averse to drilling screws in the bottom of the car, but then what do i do about the sides?

Halp?

Anyone got links to write-ups?

celica9303
06-08-2008, 12:39 AM
what about putty? or gorrilla glue if your care ful

PhillyDRFT
06-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Never glue anything you don't want perminantly on your body.

Guerilla glue traps water molecules and will rust whats under it over time.

If you don't want to add the OEM bracket (which seems like the best soliton). You can bend your own brackets from L brackets. Use a torch and a vice to curve them how you need. Then use a good 2 part epoxy for automotive or marine use. They will both repel water.

Edit: I could come up with another way but I don't know exactly what the oem mounts look like, or the skirts on the inside. I only know what the rockers on a GT, GT-S look like.

cms-gt4
06-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Maybe you could make some brackets from aluminum?

cms-gt4
06-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Any updates?

ciento44
06-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Nope.... Hooligan seems to have a good idea, but i'm still having a hell of a time visualizing what he's talking about, since the skirts don't go all the way to the fender well on the front.

I REALLY do not want to put those stock convertible brackets on the car, because i'm not even sure if i like the skirts or not. I have the resources to have it done for really cheap/free, but i don't want to weld anything to the car at this point.

What i'm thinking about doing is just making some spacers out of aluminum so i CAN tape it to the car while i see if i like them or not, then go ahead with the brackets if i do like them.

I'm just kindof at a standstill right now. :(