PDA

View Full Version : what are the three best tools to remove a drive pully?

tekstep01
06-01-2008, 01:48 AM
yeah i got a flat head screwdriver a phillips... and a socket (probably cheap ass shit) and i just cant get enough pull on this sucker yet the Big Dumb Book says so...... i dont keep goraillas in my closet.. what do u think will make it easier...? how many fpt, is that sucker on there wit? :duh:

extremeskillz
06-01-2008, 01:49 AM
A crank pully remover you can rent at Autozone! The torque to put it back on is about 80lbs as stated by another member!

tekstep01
06-01-2008, 02:25 AM
whats it look like????
and how do i use it??

extremeskillz
06-01-2008, 02:32 AM
Heres a basic idea. http://youtube.com/watch?v=RE-pzP8g_x4

Theres different ones for different cars

tekstep01
06-01-2008, 02:43 AM
thanks if i have to show that video i will

tekstep01
06-01-2008, 04:10 AM
the dumb asses there said they have never had it, they tried to show me some gay place mat and it wasnt there... shit and i bought a breaker bar and that isnt working and my shoulder is hurtin now along with my twice busted finger... im puttin this off till tommrow..

Dr.Auto
06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Your trying to take the obolt out???? or trying to remove the pulley with the bolt already out???

In any case..... to take the bolt put just out the breaker bar on the bolt and wedge it up against something solid on the car like the sub-frame or control arm. Then just "bump" the engine over...... as in just a momentary crank of the engine. it will rotate the correct dirrection to break the bolt loose.

Go to Auotzone and buy a cheap "steering wheel puller". It is just a pulley puller that will aloy you to pull the pulley off the crank. you can half the time just simply use two pry bars and "wiggle" it off but this doesn't always work.

alltracman78
06-02-2008, 01:59 AM
You'll need 2 logn 6.0 x 1.0mm bolts, usually steering wheel pullers come with standard sizes only, unless you buy a good set.

tekstep01
06-02-2008, 07:52 PM
i bumped it off.. easy ass pie! thankyou and thanks to youtube! (saw it in action lol took the fear out when i saw em do it to an audi) i tried wiggling the pully with two screwdrivers first and chiped the lip to the powersteering part of the pully... that pissed me off so i bought a timing pully remover and that did the trick...