PDA

View Full Version : alright im doing my waterpump..but..

tekstep01
05-31-2008, 08:28 AM
im a nube to working on FF, and DOHC! whew! i gots a 3S-GE and i got this sucker more apart than Together... im replacing all kinds of shit... havent even owned it 2 weeks and im elbow deep! MY BIG QUESTION IS:
when i take off the timing belt and i mark it on every pulley and im not changing it, cause the one on it is pretty fresh.... (less than a year! and it looks it..) can i replace it lined up to the same spots and sweat less, or do i have to set it all to spec. witch i can see being a pain in the ass! ? the true timing(per say) is in the distributor right???? lame ass QUESTION 2, I have to replace my Drive belt (the alternator one....does that have to be aligned ass-well????? lame questions i know but gots to love' em nubes 2 DOHC FF!!!!!

tekstep01
05-31-2008, 08:30 AM
i had a 83' Celi ST FR last go at the toy-yo....... that was a breeze to work on...22r i think it was....

extremeskillz
05-31-2008, 01:17 PM
You should be able to put it all back the same way you took it apart! the alternator belt or accessory drive belt does not require proper aligning just proper tensioning!

tekstep01
05-31-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks for the tip...... i was wondering about that!

celicaGT90_05
05-31-2008, 05:35 PM
first off, you do not need to mark every pully, only the crank and cam pully, otherwise you might get confused as to which mark goes where. Secondly, no ignition timing isnt your big deal right now, cam timing is and yes it is crucial unless you dont mind seeing a huge power loss. If you get it lined up perfectly right, the ignition timing will still be set and retiming is not required.

tekstep01
06-01-2008, 01:32 AM
yeah i got my cams lined up and marked... now how the fuck do i get this drive pully off its a bitch! i tried my dad tried... im too far into this to give up....... shit. how many pounds of tourqe is it on there with???

extremeskillz
06-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Drive Pully or Crank Pully? the crank pully can be easily removed with a crank pully tool available as a rental at your local Autozone.

celicaGT90_05
06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
if you're talking about the nut that holds on the crank pully aka drive pully, it is 80 ft lbs

extremeskillz
06-01-2008, 01:49 AM
I thinks hes try to remove it but good info for when you put it back on :)

celicaGT90_05
06-01-2008, 01:54 AM
yeah, just saying because thats kinda what it sounds like hes asking. But, as said, a pully puller will help get this off. I tried to do it on mine, but it seemed someone stripped out the threads, so they cut the underside of the belt cover to get to the timing belt...

tekstep01
06-01-2008, 02:01 AM
thats pretty shitty... like im stuck cant get the damn thing off... i tried with my avalible tools and im just not enough "man" lol to get the fucker to break it's lock..
i still cant get over the jerry rigged power steering pump....
it felt like it worked fine.... but the vac- hoses were dissconnected and bolted off....
where they hook up theres only one connection....
ah and thanks for the fpt, on that the dumb book i got didn't really say much about that..... it should be right there on assembly and dis-assembly...WTF? HAYES?