PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, im in the middle of surgery ... i need a tip...

tekstep01
05-30-2008, 06:58 PM
hey im replacing my water pump on my 87 celica gts...
i got so much stuff out now im stuck...
i removed the alternator, my speed control unit and all the rad hoses,
and the other ect.. shit in the way....
now im about to get into the timing cover... now on my model i have a/c and power steering lines hindering me form being able to get the last two bolts holding the timing cover.... do i remove the hoses for the power steering and the ac? or what? :wtf:
hate getting owned by this shit, but im so friggin poor i gotta do this myself..
i got the parts i got the haynes and im still stumped... what do i got to remove to get to the timing side???? thanks guys..

extremeskillz
05-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Well you will need to jack the front of the car up securely. Then support the motor from underneath. (a cherry picker is your best friend for this). Then remove the passenger side motor mount to access the timing cover. then you should have all the access you want!

tekstep01
05-30-2008, 07:58 PM
thanks.... i should thats the mount right in front of the timing cover right?

Luni
05-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep, you have to remove the mount and the mount bracket.

And you generally have to take the mount bracket out at the same time as the timing cover, its kinda tricky. Youll see when you get down there.

tekstep01
05-30-2008, 08:45 PM
alrghty got the main screw out and the engine is up two inches about.... now what size are those bolts? i cant find a proper fit on the socket set i got do i need a deep socket? hmmmn

tekstep01
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
this is sexy! long live the hatchi' !!!!!!!!!!

extremeskillz
05-30-2008, 08:50 PM
alrghty got the main screw out and the engine is up two inches about.... now what size are those bolts? i cant find a proper fit on the socket set i got do i need a deep socket? hmmmn

Then you probably need a bigger socket lol

tekstep01
05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
nah its a pretty deep space so im thinking a deep socket and extender oughta get it...
lol deep space! (giggle!)

tekstep01
05-30-2008, 08:58 PM
oh by the way my girl thinks you car is fuckin awsome!

extremeskillz
05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Tell your girl thanks and Yea extendable socket with a universal flexi which a ma call it (elbow or something.....brain fart right now) will help

tekstep01
05-31-2008, 07:10 AM
oh yeah, gots me a real keeper.... i just found out the vac. hoses bolted and the hooks for them broken off.... and i thought it was oil! what a find! my misterious oil leak solved! thanks to my water pump id have never looked..! i love my celi but i hate used ones!!!! my first came from my dad the first owner, never had a prob. but this celi oh boy i love the hatchi' but ii hate the jerry riggin and the monkey wrenching....

extremeskillz
05-31-2008, 01:23 PM
thats what happens with backyard mechanics, you invent new ways to save money to only have to spend that money down the line on something you should of done the first time.

tekstep01
05-31-2008, 05:12 PM
totally agree.....