PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Horn in 88 celica

Nugget_Brain
05-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knew if i could fit a dixie horn in a 88 celica im getting my brothers he doesn't use anymore soon and i just wanna know if i can fit it in firstly. so any idea's of were to put it be very helpful thnx :)

Lonestag
05-30-2008, 05:53 AM
The Horror...

geebes
05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Huh??? Are you referring to the dukes of hazard horn???

ciento44
05-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Personally, i'd prefer a Klaxon, but thats just me.

AAAAOOOOOOOOGAH!!!!

Nugget_Brain
05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
yes dukes of hazzard horn lol i started this to know if it will fit in engine bay or any idea's of other places to put it so any help be awsume

PhillyDRFT
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
yeah theres lots of places to stash the horns but I haven't heard any convincing ones, they tend to meander about like they run out of breath on the ones I've heard. Lots of rednecks around here trying to make a General Lee replica.

geebes
05-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Thats cool. I'm considering a train horn in my car.

Murgatroy
06-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Behind the grill is gonna be the best place, you will most likely need to make a mounting bracket of some sort.

The Dixe horn has 3 or 4 horns if I recall correctly, it has been a while since I last installed one. It also has the mini compressor. It will take about a foot of space to mount them, you want to keep the hoses as short as possible.

The reason the horns 'run out of breath' is because they basically are. The compressor only puts out enough air to get the first 5 notes off rapidly, after that it is working to make enough air to get the next 6 notes out.

If you have a big truck you can plumb them off of your on board compressor and you will run all 11 notes without an issue. You can also plumb them to an aux. tank so you have enough air in reserve.

The other option is to find a digital horn. It might not be as loud, but it will play all the notes without lagging.

For the record, yes, I have installed Dixie Horns on my own vehicles. I don't currently have one, but I do plan on installing one in Mudhoney.

It will go well with her CB Radio.

VikingJZ
06-01-2008, 02:46 PM
One is going in my 72 for sure.

Had one in my old truck