PDA

View Full Version : HID Lights

indian_'93GT
05-26-2008, 03:37 AM
So I found this kit on Ebay and am looking for opinions on if i should buy them or not. The p[rice seems decent enough but i don't want to buy ****. Does anyone know how hard they are to install? Are they a decent buy? Heard anything about Ebay HID kits?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-Xenon-Conversion-Kit-Toyota-Corolla-Celica-Matrix_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ013QQi temZ230255767767QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

extremeskillz
05-26-2008, 12:27 PM
That sounds to cheap for a set. Reliability and longevity is what I would question. i bought mine from ebay and was a good set. I paid about 250 for them with shipping and been running great all this time.

Galcobar
05-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Bosch Japan -- really, the Japanese branch of the German company? This would be the branch which makes pretty much everything but lighting products.

In any case, re-based HID bulbs are inherently less reliable than arc discharge bulbs with their original base.

And you'd need a housing to accommodate separate bulbs. With a lens designed to shape a light source perpendicularly oriented to a halogen bulb's filement. You might get some facsimilie of a reasonable beam pattern using an E-code housing, but it won't be particularly good.

A far better choice is to find a proper HID projector module, such as those made by Hella. Pair that with a housing with a clear lens and you get a projector, which is going to give you an excellent beam pattern, using actual HID bulbs correctly wired.

Smaay
06-11-2008, 04:33 PM
i took the plunge and got a set, ill let you know how well they work out