PDA

View Full Version : re-did rim's, tail lights, and antenna

spaztheweird1
05-25-2008, 10:38 PM
i scratched the vinyl on the rear lights first day i drove it. How don't know so i got stained glass spray and took off the vinyl and resprayed it and clear coated it , then i re did my rims they where all beat up and ugly so i cleaned them off with stripper and then sanded and taped off and painted black center and chrome style lip and then since my antenna was broken off i got a shorter 8 dollar one and installed it so thats my weekend. next week new trunk and take off spoiler and maybe install 6 gen side skirt idk
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/spaztheweird1/P5250154.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/spaztheweird1/P5250157.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/spaztheweird1/P5250155.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/spaztheweird1/P5250158.jpg

celicatrd93
05-25-2008, 10:44 PM
doing some B.Y.M =back yard modding. thats the best. you need to lower that baby. it will look so much better.

spaztheweird1
05-26-2008, 01:51 AM
i want to lower it but i dont have the money for new shocks coils and everything

PhillyDRFT
05-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Not bad, it's coming along well. I'm not a big coupe fan. My first 5th gen was a coupe though.

I think Spending a weekend aligning all of your door and panel gaps. Getting a can or two of white enamel to match and giving a good detail over the whole car. (Maybe even paint the moldings.) would do your car amazing justice. Probly the best next step for you to take if you don't have something planned.

Edit: and for the nerds I realized I almost said "for great justice :lolhittin :lolhittin :lolhittin

spaztheweird1
05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
well the next two weekends im getting new exhaust and new trunk lid and removing spoiler. and prob clean it up and paint the bad spots

19celica90
05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
and please dont jack your car up on the grass :nono:

spaztheweird1
05-26-2008, 03:25 PM
???? is that wrong in Toyota's eyes ??? i least i used a real jack .. i could have used the jeep jack

19celica90
05-26-2008, 03:32 PM
???? is that wrong in Toyota's eyes ??? i least i used a real jack .. i could have used the jeep jack
no, its just common sense and a general rule of safety. You wouldn't want the jack to sink into the ground and squish you while you are under it. Plus, the ground becomes soft when its supporting 2500lbs and the car can wobble and fall off the jack. :slap:

90CelicaST
05-26-2008, 04:19 PM
well the next two weekends im getting new exhaust and new trunk lid and removing spoiler. and prob clean it up and paint the bad spots
I need your spoiler:( The 3 piece looks a lot better than a one piece.

spaztheweird1
05-26-2008, 06:09 PM
to the spoiler part its a red one thats paint white and its not in the best shape but yea if you want it when i take it off ill tell you .. to the jack part thanks for the worry but that whole side with the parking lot part was all shell rock about 4 years ago and when my grand father paved it he just put dirt over it not thinking i was going to move back in and park there but if it ca support the f350 long bed and not sink any dont think my car will phase it but yes i under stand what you are saying and im not dumb enough to park it in the middle of the yard jack it and climb under it

PhillyDRFT
05-26-2008, 07:57 PM
I didn't even notice that. I always keep a 12" x 12" piece of ply with the bottle jack in my car. In case of an emergency and you can only jack it up on grass. It's not a perfect solution but better than nothing.

Also I just noticed you have a different 3 piece wing than I do. I still have it laying around from my coupe GT. It had a bar of LED's across the wing rather than the block 3rd brake light under the middle. I didn't know there were two styles.

spaztheweird1
05-26-2008, 08:04 PM
yea idk i have seen it on another car cant remember where but i seen alot of verts with in in the wing.

p.s. your picture i have seen it before??.. ahh ok DN lol sorry it has bothered me for some time could remember where

Okctrd
05-27-2008, 05:58 AM
hey how hard was installing that antenna on there. im planning on installing a s2k antenna on mine, but i heard i need something to clamp it on? thanks

spaztheweird1
05-27-2008, 02:48 PM
its wasn't hard at all just got to unscrew all the old and then just pull it through the bottom i want a s2k but mine was just broken of and since i want no wing i figured it was better to have a clean new setup not made for a wing

mar_phi6
05-01-2010, 11:30 PM
where did you get that front lip from?

Shadowlife25
05-02-2010, 01:08 AM
This thread is 2 years old man...