PDA

View Full Version : How do you pop the hood from outside?

liplip
05-23-2008, 12:46 AM
My hood won't pop open from the latch inside.When i pull the latch, i hear something engage in the engine compartment.

Galcobar
05-23-2008, 02:11 AM
The interior handle releases the hood lock, you actually have to lift the hood an inch or so and slid your fingers in to lift the latch up to release the hood entirely.

extremeskillz
05-23-2008, 02:15 AM
^:stupid:...although mine actually pops up a little but only a little.

caneman
05-23-2008, 02:29 AM
My hood won't pop open from the latch inside.When i pull the latch, i hear something engage in the engine compartment.When my hood was misbehaving, I found that if I gave the back of the hood, the corner right in front of the driver, a rap with a closed fist or the back of my arm, it would lift enough to get my hand in under the front and release the latch. I hope that this helps.

liplip
05-23-2008, 03:30 AM
The hood won't budge at all.Methods i have tried:
Got someone to pull on the latch inside while i push down and lift up and it still won't budge
I also tried pulling on the latch inside while hitting the hood and still won't budge.

Lonestag
05-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Latch might just flat out be broken.
Only way I know than is to jack it up, remove the splash guard, and fish around until you find the release.

H8PVMNT
05-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Maybe just grab the end of the hood release cable under the dash with a set of pliers and give it a yank... If your release latch is busted that will do it.

liplip
05-23-2008, 12:52 PM
2 hrs ago, i tried to pop the hood from the inside latch and it still wouldn't work.Just now, i did it again and it popped open.Thanx for the tips guys.I don't know what i did but i managed to get it open.Another question, distilled water is used to fill the battery right?

david in germany
05-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Yep, distilled. Do NOT USE IT IN THE BLINKER fluid filler though!!!

:hehe: