PDA

View Full Version : Solara Trans in st184 GT help!

FWD-3SGTE
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I have searched a bunch of times for a write up on this and can't find one. Keoni gave me a step by step procedure to this BUT left one thing out and he is very hard to get ahold of....

What driverside upper tranni mount do I use? So far it's been trial and error for me and no luck yet. I first thought to use an alltrac mount, but then I find out its the same at the st184 mount. Now off to try a 91 MR2 turbo mount which I thought came from an E-153 tranns which is also what the solara v6 came with, still no luck with fitment, very close, but now the whole motor/tranns is about an inch too wide :wtf:

I guess my last two choices are : Solara mount or 93+ MR2 turbo mount because I don't know if they change from 91-92 and 93-95. But I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure what mount to use before I go grab another one.

Sorry for the long post, but I would appreciate any help :)

Chris

zen
05-22-2008, 11:10 PM
if i could remember correctly, i used the mount from the 5th gen s54 transmission. i had to modify to fit. what i did was remove the motor mount and the motor mounting plate. this plate is held on by three screws that are mounted onto the transmission. take both of them and swap them over. in order to compensate for the inch too wide, i redrilled the three holes about an inch from there original locations. try this and see if it works, i know worked for me.

burnyd
05-23-2008, 12:24 AM
if i could remember correctly, i used the mount from the 5th gen s54 transmission. i had to modify to fit. what i did was remove the motor mount and the motor mounting plate. this plate is held on by three screws that are mounted onto the transmission. take both of them and swap them over. in order to compensate for the inch too wide, i redrilled the three holes about an inch from there original locations. try this and see if it works, i know worked for me.

Im tryign to remember about my swap I did in my 6th gen, But I remember I used the stock GT mount for the mount thats closest to the drive side fender and the mount that is right under the rad... from what I remember the side mount had to be fabricated to work... I almost remember sheet metal being used lol... Im pretty sure the reason why i did that was to move the mount over just a tad bit to work.

FWD-3SGTE
05-23-2008, 01:17 AM
I'll take a look at my stock mount tonight and see if I can re-drill some holes in the plate to make it work. But Keoni never mentioned any fabrication that had to be done so it makes me think I am using the wrong mount.

Thanks for help guys, any more ideas or anyone else with this swap, please post up what you remember :)

Chris

zen
05-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Im tryign to remember about my swap I did in my 6th gen, But I remember I used the stock GT mount for the mount thats closest to the drive side fender and the mount that is right under the rad... from what I remember the side mount had to be fabricated to work... I almost remember sheet metal being used lol... Im pretty sure the reason why i did that was to move the mount over just a tad bit to work.
yeah, the motor mount in the front of the engine works fine. i just swapped over the mount from the automatic trans. however, the rear mount has to be from a st185 or st205.

FWD-3SGTE
05-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes, I understand the front and rear, just need to know what driverside mount to use :)

Chris

FWD-3SGTE
05-28-2008, 04:40 AM
BumP! Anyone know for sure if there is a bolt on mount or if I have to modify my OEM mount?

Sorry, but I am kind of stressing about it, I hate hitting brick walls like this, lol.

Chris

FWD-3SGTE
05-29-2008, 10:15 PM
UPDATE! I drilled a couple of new holes in my OEM mount plate so its all set :)

Chris